Bandai 1/72 PG Millennium Falcon (also the Revell Germany rebox)

Re: Bandai 1/72 Millennium Falcon

A tiny Tamiya hammer. Thanks for the measurements, Lab.

20180214_195903.jpg

Awe-some Sauce!! Score! :thumbsup I admit I ponied up the 400 bucks here in AZ, but...I had taken a load of stuff to my local hobby shop that I had in the closet for years that I knew I'd never build, and the guy put them on sort of a consignment type deal. He took a cut of course, but it ended up I had like 300 or so in credit from stuff he'd sold...the MPC Falcon kits that I gave like 25 to 35 each for were a big hit at 50 buck a copy. As well as a lot of 1/72 amour and aircraft he has yet to sell. Sorry, I babbled on, anyway I gave him a 100 bucks and I was on my way. I'm happy
I got mine for $319 from Amazon with free shipping. The boss collected it from his girlfriends place in Oregon and bought it back to New Zealand in his luggage for me. All up $440 NZD which I think is a real bargain! No shipping and no tax! Win!

I’ve drooled all over the box and kit. Now to finish my house renovation so I can actually build the damn thing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome Christoph! Converting the Fine Molds into a 5-footer is a big challenge -- I know, I tried it. How far along are you?

Well- everything is finished so far, instead of the cockpit. I currently brake my fingers in doing some semi-professional lightning before I let come together both hulls and the sidewalls.
Then there are a lot of things to do still: fans, wires, the LAB-PART and so on. I made some airbrush-tests (Tamiya acrylics on the lower hull which satisfy me and I will take it as my base for weathering with different media, mainly oil colours, as I have the most experience with it. I try to upload some WIP pics when I get used to create an Album and find time ...

I emailed Tony about that actually, he's working on it. I had some of his MPC gear boxes, the nicer ones, and I laid them out on the PG hull, they're almost perfect for it. So I'm pretty sure he's tweeking those a little for the PG. When I hear something from him I'll post it.
Since the lower forward half of the hull is just one piece, I'm kinda surprised that someone hasn't already given us a 3D printed option for an ESB configuration...
Unless it's out there, and I haven't been able to find it...

stunning work, just stunning!! I thought I had done a bang up on my last MPC, following studio model pics...but this leaves me in the dust! :thumbsup
Made some progress on the upper hull. Still needs tweaking, but overall happy. It's important to stop periodically to look at the model under a variety of lighting. More than once I finished a section only to look at the model under normal room lighting to find certain streaks or shading were way too dark and had to be misted back.
View attachment 790718View attachment 790717View attachment 790719View attachment 790720View attachment 790721View attachment 790722View attachment 790723View attachment 790724
Moving on to the front starboard quadrant and cockpit tube...

Has anyone noticed that there are hyperlinks when people type it......what is going on?

J

stunning work, just stunning!! I thought I had done a bang up on my last MPC, following studio model pics...but this leaves me in the dust! :thumbsup

Thanks man! But I feel the same way about the work members like Lab, Darth Saber, and Unes are doing. I'm just trying to keep up! :cheers

are you masking those all in?? paint?? they’re not decals... what are you doing for these?? i’ve done a few of them with a permanent ink pen.

are you masking those all in?? paint?? they’re not decals... what are you doing for these?? i’ve done a few of them with a permanent ink pen.

I’m considering using my imagination.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I emailed Tony about that actually, he's working on it. I had some of his MPC gear boxes, the nicer ones, and I laid them out on the PG hull, they're almost perfect for it. So I'm pretty sure he's tweeking those a little for the PG. When I hear something from him I'll post it.

I'm 100% interested.
I'm going to buy another PG kit this weekend.
Since my fist one is an "in flight" display, I should be able to use the extra gear for an ESB version.
Keep us posted!

Just want to thank you guys that have posted the amazing pics of paint and weathering, those will go a long way to helping me improve my future Falcon builds, particularly the PG
Top work my friends!:thumbsup

- - - Updated - - -

Will do :thumbsup I try not to pester Tony too much or too often. He's got a gaggle of us asking him for stuff non stop it seems, at least that's what he eluded to anyway. However the man is always enthusiastic about it. Tony is an awesome guy and we're fortunate to have him, top shelf designer that one :thumbsup
I'm 100% interested.
I'm going to buy another PG kit this weekend.
Since my fist one is an "in flight" display, I should be able to use the extra gear for an ESB version.
Keep us posted!

oh. my.

Saber... that is insane! i have the original chronicles book... and a ton of photo ref of the 5 footer. i’m ready!!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back