Battle starship

Hi, my friends.

Thank you very much for your kind and warm reply for my each posts.
I really appreciate and it is my joy to read any of your comment.
I often do silly dance steps or humming out of tune while I'm cooking her bento box in the early morning.
My wife or my daughter watch me with giggling 'cause they know I've read your comments in the morning.

Wow, outstanding!

Thank you very much!! srspicer-san.

This is shaping up to become your magnum opus (until the next build)! If you don't mind me asking, I'm curious if you ever studied engineering or mechanical design or did you learn these skills on your own?

Thanks for the comment, Bones-san.
Unfortunately, I haven't had any chance to have a proper learning of engineering of mechanical in my life.
I've learned all these on my own.

Wow, you never cease to amaze!

Thank you very much, blakeh1-san.

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious !:p - other superlatives didn’t seem ‘ appropriate ‘ ;)

Thank you very much, Ged Poppins-san.:lol

Adding my voice to the chorus -absolutely outstanding.

Thank you so much, Snow Builder-san!

Here's another 7 hours work today.

I salvaged these junks out of the Death Star garbage chamber before they are crushed and compressed.

eW99dNN.jpg

Let's see what I can get.

8ndjMSB.jpg

vsApc1a.jpg

jgTcpSz.jpg

biswBIC.jpg

Ac4aJt7.jpg

e2JklUK.jpg

IJ3HRqi.jpg

84451h0.jpg

I think this part would be hidden when it's finished but it's OK.
This build was so fun.

olgel9T.jpg

Two more to go.

Thank for looking.

Katsu

I’ve had to look 3 more times over what you have built out of the the death trash compactor! once wasn’t enough to take in the beautiful details.
You even build beautiful things from junk,
i wish it was possible to enter people’s minds, as yours would be a fantastic and magical place to be when your designing and building

you can now sing and dance while your making your beautiful wife her bento box.

Katsu-san, in your post about the actuator bars and housing, I started laughing in amazement. (Though I really shouldn't really be amazed at this point. With your builds, "extraordinary," "incredible," and "how did you come up with that with no formal training?" are just how you do things...)

Absolutely love it
stunning
I’m running out of words to describe your work
nice work

I’ve had to look 3 more times over what you have built out of the the death trash compactor! once wasn’t enough to take in the beautiful details.
You even build beautiful things from junk,
i wish it was possible to enter people’s minds, as yours would be a fantastic and magical place to be when your designing and building

you can now sing and dance while your making your beautiful wife her bento box.

Thank you very much, Ben-san. I will dance and sing to thank to my great friends,

Ben-san, I recently found that the brain is never gonna be tired. When you work all day or think all day and feel you are tired, it's not your brain tired. It is your eyes or hands.
Brain is never tired even if you think something over all the day, even if you are thinking while you are sleeping. honest.
If you looking into my mind now, you'll see it's spinning like a hot top.

Katsu-san, in your post about the actuator bars and housing, I started laughing in amazement. (Though I really shouldn't really be amazed at this point. With your builds, "extraordinary," "incredible," and "how did you come up with that with no formal training?" are just how you do things...)

Thank you very much always, Tom-san.
You always give me very strong power to go on.
I may have to thank for god for giving me something to think.
I am imagining how I build something I want to build.
I am thinking about build or cook something except while I'm eating (or gaming).
I am so happy to have something I can think something all the day even if it's nothing but a piece of junk in an old man's brain.

katsu

WOW! You have really gone all out and continue to outdo yourself! Outstanding! And a very Happy New Year to you and yours (a little late)

That landing gear bay is incredible, even more so that it seems to be fully functional. So I guess the question would be when finished, will you mostly display it gears up or gears down?

WOW! You have really gone all out and continue to outdo yourself! Outstanding! And a very Happy New Year to you and yours (a little late)

Happy New Year SofaKing-san and thank you for your support of last year.

That landing gear bay is incredible, even more so that it seems to be fully functional. So I guess the question would be when finished, will you mostly display it gears up or gears down?

Thanks, This model is supposed to sit on a display stand so I will let her gear down.

Superbly executed and beautifully detailed work , shared yet again Katsu - san :p . Each of those landing gear housing bays is a work of art in itself . I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s a remote / switch somewhere in your workshop that’s actually used to deploy and retract them !!!:lol

:cheersGed

Beautiful work Katsu-san
the remote switch for the landing gear sounds like a great idea but could you incorporate motors at this late stage of your build ?

Looks great! Now I can't help but wish there was a boarding ramp. And maybe some workers loading cargo into the underbelly of the ship. Can you tell we're all trying to think of ways to keep this build going for as long as possible?

Superbly executed and beautifully detailed work , shared yet again Katsu - san :p . Each of those landing gear housing bays is a work of art in itself . I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s a remote / switch somewhere in your workshop that’s actually used to deploy and retract them !!!:lol

:cheersGed

:facepalm

I'm thinking that I'd better learn the small servo mechanism in the near future.
Thanks!

Beautiful work Katsu-san
the remote switch for the landing gear sounds like a great idea but could you incorporate motors at this late stage of your build ?

In fact, even if I knew the technique of remote control mechanisms, it might be too late to do that.

Looks great! Now I can't help but wish there was a boarding ramp. And maybe some workers loading cargo into the underbelly of the ship. Can you tell we're all trying to think of ways to keep this build going for as long as possible?

Sheeee!!
My god, that's supposed to be a secret. :angry
Now, you make me have to post the consequences even if I failed to build them. :facepalm

....Cough

OK, I was trying to fix a boarding ramp in the nose landing gear housing.
Can you see the three little scratched lines beside the support strut in the pic below.
That's where I planned to set the ramps at the first place.

biswBIC.jpg

While I was drawing a plan for the parts, I found that the length of the ramp will be about 3 inches long if I fix it with 35-40 degrees slope or stairway. As you know that the scale of this model is 1/400. So that the actual length of slope/stairway will be about 100 feet to 130 feet. that gonna be a little harassment for the elderly crew like me.
So I quit this idea and tried to find alternative.

Check out the marked red square in the pics below.

6WqH14r.jpg

2qnJbQR.jpg

It is a sponson on the both sides at the nose deck.
It's empty inside and I guess it's a good size and good place to store the boarding lift mechanisms.
Now I'm drawing some sketches.

For the cargo loading ramp, I will fix it right here at the lower bay in the center of the twin hull.
I will fix the large ramp way here to load cargo directly by vehicles.
So far I don't think there will be any technical issues here.

NW502Rk.jpg

Thank you very much, Bones-san.:cry

I'm torn - I don't want this project to end, but every model you build is better than the last...

Thank you very much, Tom-san.
And thanks to Bones-san's effort, It may take another few weeks.:lol

Truly amazing, you've outdone yourself!

Thank you very much!!

katsu

biswBIC.jpg

6WqH14r.jpg

2qnJbQR.jpg

NW502Rk.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sheeee!!
My god, that's supposed to be a secret. :angry
Now, you make me have to post the consequences even if I failed to build them. :facepalm
Thank you very much, Bones-san.:cry

Okay, sorry! Then I will not even mention any crazy ideas for a refueling station. :devil

But seriously, it's very cool that you were already thinking about those things. I should have known!

Last edited by a moderator:
Getting caught up after being off grid for two weeks. Astounding! Stunning! Absolutely jaw dropping! Magnificent! (I'm beginning to sound like the Hobbit praising Smaug) I don't have words to adequately express my delight and amazement as your creations unfold (or should I say fold - flat sheet metal to beautiful -semi WORKING- mechanical assemblies) before my eyes. The landing gear is (prepare for understatement) ...phenomenal! :cool:cool:cool Your garbage smasher salvage collection is art waiting to be organized.

That ship looks so freaking cool sitting there on its own structure!

Soooo... Boarding ramp is already in progress. Refueling station has been mentioned. I'm not going to let you forget the radome/observation platform on the top side. :devil
I have to do my part to keep this going a little longer. :angel

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back