Edrio two tubes build

GEEK1138

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So with the last build barely dry and before re-embarking on my main project...time for another quickie.

I see there is another thread for this character, but rather than further add to the, who's building what confusion, I thought I'd start my own

There seems to be an identical twin, or eggmate, so he can be either, but I'll call him Edrio

Started by mocking up a base skull template to print

IMAG1670.jpg

and smothered it in latex. Will probably have to try a few different materials to get the skin right. Part of the appeal of doing this character was that, colour-wise, his head could be just plain Bondo...unfortunately, the texture doesn't work

IMAG1711.jpg

As with the other builds, reference pix are limited, so anyone who has good detail shots, please post :thumbsup

I scanned this from The Art of Rogue One. It's concept art, so maybe not screen accurate, but it might be a good place to start.

IMG_20170317_0056.jpg

I scanned this from The Art of Rogue One. It's concept art, so maybe not screen accurate, but it might be a good place to start.

View attachment 718785

Thanks man...every little helps.

Been experimenting with the skull texture. Finished sculpting the head shape in Monster clay and tried sealing it prior to painting. I know this is probably not gonna work but what the heck. If anyone has any tips?

Got some interesting results...

IMAG1745.jpg IMAG1742.jpg

OK bit more done...still more weathering/painting on the head to do and the ears and back plate to model and print

YcQv3KVh.jpg

Finished the breather and head details and got the suede balaclava thing sort of sewn up

SgI0Mpph.jpg

All done...came together pretty quick in the end

By far the most awkward part was the suede balaclava, and trying to make it look like there's a head inside

89k2t6Oh.jpg

Ended up using Bondo after all, but mixed with resin to make Rondo. Pretty happy with the shell like effect

mLiAk7xh.jpg

The greeblies are not screen accurate but they do the job I reckon

CksMrHYh.jpg

If I had more time I would make another head to pose the two, Ed and Ben, but the next project is already calling. Thanks for viewing

Hello Geek1138,

I just registered on the forum to ask a question.

I have in a few month a Star Wars LARP and I suddenly remembered about this character, which I thought was simply the best char design in a long time, and of course, wanted to make the mask.

So for you all guys who are making this. The "white" light part of his head, it's a helmet ? it's his skin ?
I thought making the whitish parts in latex, and the rest cast in resin, to give that feel of different material and texture. Seeing now the back of his head and the rear of the "ears", I'm not so sure anymore that it's his skin...

So, what do you think ?

They have an endoskeleton and an exoskeleton. I imagine the head as a crab shell. Its not a helmet. There are a lot of unnatural bits though because they can't survive on "normal" planets. Eye lenses/breather/ear/forehead/and back of the head are some sort of cybernetic attachments. I have read explanations for most of it but I forget where. Maybe the making of R1 book? ,the wiki? I dunno. The info is out there.

Thanks hutt,
So it would be more appropriate to make it hard like a shell, rather than latex... Hum... This complexifies the build and the mold ^^

Yeah definitely a hard skull like shell for the head...it has to look organic but smooth like polished bone I reckon. Then hard metal/resin parts for the breather/greeblies and sack cloth/hide for the balaclava. I tried printing the skull and covering it with latex but it looked too much like skin. I also tried sculpey but it doesn't polish up enough when rubbed to look like bone. Good luck larping about

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back