TFA Graflex Research (That's a Graflex, right? Force Awakens teaser trailer #2)

http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=610370&d=1459566979

not to sound rude, but this picture seals the deal for me. there is defiantly some kind of reflective material on the bottom of the tube, u can clearly see the reflection of the D-ring in it.

you would be surprised at how many movies today show the reflection of the camera.. car bumpers,hubcaps and chrome mirrors are notorious for this. i believe in Ant-Man the camera man can see his face in the reflection of the mirror. so this is still a problem over looked and not thought of today

my favorite camera reflection is back to the future 2, when Biff does his hole shot in the tunnel in his ford, you can clearly see 3 man and a camera in the reflection of the hub cap

well, now i'm more satisfied that I used a cut-downed 4 cell bottom so it wouldn't have the writing in the bottom.

Hi guys,
I created a reference sheet with screenshots of the TFA saber. The T-track lengths on the "Wired saber" look suspiciously like the T-tracks on the "Maz Box saber". I believe it might be the same prop. What do you think?
Is there anything known about the "Snow saber" as of yet? The T-tracks on that one look a bit higher than on the other sabers. I would guess it's a different Graflex all together, but I'm not sure.

reference.jpg

Hi guys,
I created a reference sheet with screenshots of the TFA saber. The T-track lengths on the "Wired saber" look suspiciously like the T-tracks on the "Maz Box saber". I believe it might be the same prop. What do you think?
Is there anything known about the "Snow saber" as of yet? The T-tracks on that one look a bit higher than on the other sabers. I would guess it's a different Graflex all together, but I'm not sure.

View attachment 625186

very cool, thank you!

Hi guys,

View attachment 625186
The Snow saber has the t grips all the way to the end of the saber, similar or same to the one you categorized as Rey/Finn.

The other 2 variations are T grips short from the bottom aka Maz Box and the stunt saber with electronics (with the antenna)

So was someone making (was it roygiling - sorry if I'm speaking out of turn) frosted clear TFA edge connectors? I have his original and it's perfect. Would just like to upgrade for more accuracy ? Just wondering. P.S. - I'm new... Also, looking patiently forward to those clamp covers!!!!

G

The clamp covers are almost ready to start selling at Wannawanga.com!

24e04db31474dc43591ba4b8c5e1b4df.jpg

I will be able to start offering them somewhere next week. I'll have plenty of them, so no worries about limited supply.
Hopefully, I will also have the bottom cover available then.

I have to wait for a new batch of Kobold Clips before I can offer a complete TFA kit with my current edge connector clamp card.

So was someone making (was it roygiling - sorry if I'm speaking out of turn) frosted clear TFA edge connectors? I have his original and it's perfect. Would just like to upgrade for more accuracy ? Just wondering. P.S. - I'm new... Also, looking patiently forward to those clamp covers!!!!

G

I would like to be able to offer them, but I haven't found a way to replicate them yet. But I'm working on it.

Some more info:
I've investigated the length of the T-track grips in the two hero versions. They are really short!

#1 Maz lightsaber:

9a77272a4061e594b69b91d017aa9c14.jpg

Length: 84mm
Gap: 6.5mm
Gap distance: 13mm
Distance from clamp: 3.5mm
Distance from bottom (not in image): 5.0mm

#2 Rey/Finn lightsaber:

53b7c2e349a983a8644f0457cf462ca4.jpg

Length: 88mm
Gap: 7.4mm
Gap distance: 13mm
Distance from clamp: 3.5mm
Mounted against the end of the bottom.

Cheers,
Roy

Roy you are amazing!!! those covers look beautiful!! and those measurements thank you very much! you make this top easy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roy, thank you so much for those grip measurements. I knew they were short !

The clamp covers look perfect. I'm hopeful you'll get the circuit cards sorted, I'd love to make a one-stop purchase for the TFA kit.

BTW Roy, are you ordering your rivets online or purchasing them locally? What is the head size/type? Yours look really accurate to the Finn/Rey saber.

Roy, thank you so much for those grip measurements. I knew they were short !

The clamp covers look perfect. I'm hopeful you'll get the circuit cards sorted, I'd love to make a one-stop purchase for the TFA kit.

BTW Roy, are you ordering your rivets online or purchasing them locally? What is the head size/type? Yours look really accurate to the Finn/Rey saber.

Thanks!
I purchase the rivets locally in a Dutch hardware shop. I think they're German. They are steel/alu 3mm, length 10mm and the head size is 6.0mm.

Looking great Roy, thank you! Any idea if the grip profile is different? The bottoms look like they might be more curved than current offerings.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back