Millennium Falcon parts for 3d Printing

Maruska have you done the back panel in the cockpit yet? On the panels you are also showing grey buttons and , are those correct?

Also on chewies side the sliders, have you modelled those? I would like a copy to print those.

I haven't done the back wall yet, but will.

The most recent images I've posted aren't color accurate. I'll some renderings that are tho. Also, the 2D illustrations that did before I started the 3D are still probably the easiest to reference for color.

Lastly, sorry my site is down at the moment. Working on that too.

ta-da - my falcon site is back online. Yay!

Here is a link to the 2D illustrations of the sidewalls I did a while back. All the rocker switch colors and LED colors are as right as I could make them.

sidewall +1 | the falconer

I did end-up tweaking a few things once I got into 3D and was seeing opportunities to tighten things up and found new reference, but the Illustrator versions are pretty close to my final stuff.

J.

ta-da - my falcon site is back online. Yay!

Here is a link to the 2D illustrations of the sidewalls I did a while back. All the rocker switch colors and LED colors are as right as I could make them.

sidewall +1 | the falconer

I did end-up tweaking a few things once I got into 3D and was seeing opportunities to tighten things up and found new reference, but the Illustrator versions are pretty close to my final stuff.

J.
Thanks

Sorry, my site is down again.

Having trouble with some rampant php files on my Wordpress installations. working on fixes though - which meant I spent my week-end be the IT guy and not working on getting the sidewalls CAD files rendered and posted to grabCAD. Ugh...

chairfud.JPG

This is the shapeways Fine Ultra Detail, I think with a coat of paint it would be great. Perfect for the really fine detail elements like the consoles, very smooth finish,

chairfuds.JPG
This is it on my desktop for size purposes, it is 1/48 scale. Cost in this plastic was $5.15

chairtd.JPG
This is the Transparent detail, its perfectly good, very smooth. Cost $3.12

chairwhite.JPG

This is the solid white, it is actually decent detail wise, but I think there is also the white factor here. I will say there is a more grainy feel to it. It would be ok for those parts that are not centre stage, or high detail, for example if you are making big structures, with a coat of paint it would no doubt tidy up nice. Cost $1.70, so a third of the price.

This showing that my internals will probably be done mainly in the solid white, with consoles etc in the ultra detail.

Awesome cymonguk! Thanks for sharing!

Post more pics when you get a coat of paint.

I'm still suffering web woes. Hopefully I'll get some time this week end to get the site back up. I might have to take down the kit reference section tho...

Hey All! My Sidewall models are finally published. These are version 1.0's for sure. Feel free to leave feedback on anything I might have missed!

MF_Cockpit-SideWalls_14.221.jpgMF_Cockpit-SideWalls_14.222.jpgMF_Cockpit-SideWalls_14.223.jpg

Here's the link to the grabCAD model.

Enjoy!

Awesome Maruska, thanks! So have you been able to print anything in your Form 1 at it's highest detail level yet?

Awesome Maruska, thanks! So have you been able to print anything in your Form 1 at it's highest detail level yet?

I have. The seats have printed better than the control panels. It's counter intuitive, but it does better with curvilinear forms than with planar stuff. There are photos of my seats earlier in the thread. But it's all a bit trial and error at this point.

I've also been looking into other resins that apparently can provide better detail.

There's a shop locally that has a poly jet machine that I'm going to try the panels on.

Cheers,
J.

Last edited:
Those are exactly what I need for my SMT Falcon. Can I ask some total newb questions here about getting them printed, or should I reserve them for Personal messages?

Nah, go ahead and ask away here, plenty of people have used printing services and should be able to answer your question!

Nah, go ahead and ask away here, plenty of people have used printing services and should be able to answer your question!

Ok, how does one order these? I've heard that when you order from shapeways, you don't just e-mail and say you want them in 1/48 you have to give measurements. The size I would need to fit in my SMT cockpit is aprox. 2 3/8 diameter. Is that how I would order them? basically the bottoms' outer edges need to be 2 3/8 apart.

is that correct? Or do I just order it and say I need it in 1/48? There's some real cool stuff on shapeways, but have always been a bit intimidated in ordering from them.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back