Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release)

I always kind of thought "Return of the Jedi" was plural. (Leia, Vader's redemption, Luke training students). Anyway, not crazy about this title. Sounds very fan film, which I realize it is.

But ROTJ was originally Revenge, so in Lucas's mind the Jedi returning in question wouldn't be Vader. It would be the Order.

I know rebels is a TV show, but to get rid of the EU and then make everything reference your TV show is kind of crappy Disney. I dont know anything about "Rebels" and apparently there were a lot of Rogue One references to it. For instance, I have no idea what Bendu is. If they are talking about continuity being relegated to films, why do so many things have a tie to this Rebels show?

All of the things that have tied to Rebels so far has been ancillary information. It's not like they're basing things so heavily on that show that you have to watch it to understand the movies.

And that article is purely speculation.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Has no one considered the possibility that Luke could die and return as a ghost to continue teaching Rey, Like Obi Wan did in Empire Strikes Back?

Also, I don't mind the title. It isn't terrible. It may be really good. I'll have to think about it.

Has no one considered the possibility that Luke could die and return as a ghost to continue teaching Rey, Like Obi Wan did in Empire Strikes Back?

Also, I don't mind the title. It isn't terrible. It may be really good. I'll have to think about it.

I have, but I've had more than enough of the in direct remake treatment from TFA.

More accurate to say TFA, R1, Rebels, TLJ, and all the new books and comics are all being guided/overseen by The Story Group (at Lucasfilm, mind you -- not Disney; The Story Group has been around since '08) to ensure they are internally consistent. This means there's likely to be a lot of referential crosstalk between the various offerings.

Speaking of...

So, per late Clone Wars stuff, there was a big, Force-attuned tree at the center of the Jedi temple on Coruscant. It was destroyed along with everything else when the temple got turned into the foundation of the Imperial Palace, but the Emperor directed them to take cuttings. In the comic miniseries Shattered Empire, Luke breaks into the research facility and secures the two remaining cuttings. He gives one to Poe's mom (who helped with the mission) to plant near the ruins used by the Rebels on Yavin IV. He took the other to plant at his new Jedi training facility. Pretty sure that's what we're seeing burn in Rey's vision of Luke. I have a hunch the big tree setpiece seen at the filming location is the original tree for all of that.

--Jonah

I have no problem with the title......if there were 3 million Jedi on a planet & there were no more anywhere in the Universe,...that planet is where the last Jedi live

"He betrayed and murdered your father. Now the Jedi are all but extinct."

"The Jedi are extinct, their fire has gone out of the universe. You, my friend, are all that's left of their religion."
J

Last edited by a moderator:
I know rebels is a TV show, but to get rid of the EU and then make everything reference your TV show is kind of crappy Disney. I dont know anything about "Rebels" and apparently there were a lot of Rogue One references to it. For instance, I have no idea what Bendu is. If they are talking about continuity being relegated to films, why do so many things have a tie to this Rebels show?

Yeah, not a lot has been revealed in Rebels about Bendu beyond he is neither Sith or Jedi, he's in the middle. It could easily be a concept introduced in the films without requiring the audience to have seen Rebels.

More accurate to say TFA, R1, Rebels, TLJ, and all the new books and comics are all being guided/overseen by The Story Group (at Lucasfilm, mind you -- not Disney; The Story Group has been around since '08) to ensure they are internally consistent. This means there's likely to be a lot of referential crosstalk between the various offerings.

Speaking of...

So, per late Clone Wars stuff, there was a big, Force-attuned tree at the center of the Jedi temple on Coruscant. It was destroyed along with everything else when the temple got turned into the foundation of the Imperial Palace, but the Emperor directed them to take cuttings. In the comic miniseries Shattered Empire, Luke breaks into the research facility and secures the two remaining cuttings. He gives one to Poe's mom (who helped with the mission) to plant near the ruins used by the Rebels on Yavin IV. He took the other to plant at his new Jedi training facility. Pretty sure that's what we're seeing burn in Rey's vision of Luke. I have a hunch the big tree setpiece seen at the filming location is the original tree for all of that.

--Jonah

When they set pic from the production appeared online we did discuss that connection possibility. It was pages and pages ago.

Do they mention the tree on the clone wars?

Speaking of...

--Jonah

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Yeah, not a lot has been revealed in Rebels about Bendu beyond he is neither Sith or Jedi, he's in the middle. It could easily be a concept introduced in the films without requiring the audience to have seen Rebels.
The way I read it, I thought Bendu was something else, like a different religion, I didnt realize it was a person :lol Which proves my point even further! ;)

The way I read it, I thought Bendu was something else, like a different religion, I didnt realize it was a person :lol Which proves my point even further! ;)

He's actually this giant creature. Very benevolent. He refers to himself as Bendu but I think just like Jedi it can be both singular, as in his name, or plural implying he's part of a group called Bendu. From the show it seems more likely the later. And again, the concept of the Bendu could easily be incorporated into 8 and 9 without any advance knowledge from Rebels. It's worth noting that there are some of those Convoree birds hanging around Bendu in the show. So when I read Jeremy's blogpost speculating Rey could be Bendu not Jedi, and add in the Convoree rumor fir the film, well...

From Rian Johnsons Instagram account!

Attachments

• IMG_4540.JPG
    IMG_4540.JPG
    71.9 KB · Views: 132
If that had any sack, big IF, they would mean it. "Last Jedi" meaning that's it. Luke's the last. No more.
Done. Jedi are truly extinct after him. Luke dies in this one. Nobody picks up the Jedi mantle.
Move on to new territory. Jedi are too dangerous to be trusted with the fate
of the galaxy, they always have one that sours, then they can't control them, they can't police themselves, and the
bad one commits galactic genocides. The logic to end it all is inescapable and surely would occur to Luke by now,
since they all fail to control the Jedi Order resulting in galactic level suffering, including him.
how's that for out bummering the downer ending to ESB? LOL

Rey, Learn to fight like everyone else. Use a damn blaster.
Nobody fights with swords anymore.

If that had any sack, big IF, they would mean it. "Last Jedi" meaning that's it. Luke's the last. No more.
Done. Jedi are truly extinct after him. Luke dies in this one. Nobody picks up the Jedi mantle.
Move on to new territory. Jedi are too dangerous to be trusted with the fate
of the galaxy, they always have one that sours, then they can't control them, they can't police themselves, and the
bad one commits galactic genocides. The logic to end it all is inescapable and surely would occur to Luke by now,
since they all fail to control the Jedi Order resulting in galactic level suffering, including him.
how's that for out bummering the downer ending to ESB? LOL

Rey, Learn to fight like everyone else. Use a damn blaster.
Nobody fights with swords anymore.
Star Wars without the Jedi is just "generic space stuff". Might as well be Star Trek in my opinion. Obviously I like Star Wars more, never was a trek fan. But what Im saying is the Jedi/SIth/Force is what makes it interesting. Any clown can use a blaster. Well, except Greedo in the special edition. :lol

It's a big slap to the OT fans to kill off all 3 though. And make no mistake. The majority of the money made is off the existing fan base. I'd also bet the farm the grand plan was not to have all three die.

It's a big slap to the OT fans to kill off all 3 though. And make no mistake. The majority of the money made is off the existing fan base. I'd also bet the farm the grand plan was not to have all three die.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back