Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Post-release)

3rd viewing tonight, it just gets better and better, JJ has done in my opinion a better job than any person alive today could've

I've decided that anyone still moaning about anything in this film is a knob !!

It is perfect even with its flaws, and it's flaws are far fewer than any of the OT

It just is simply pure Star Wars

Here....

- - - Updated - - -

Hence the door knob joke.

Tom, your desire to feel attacked when my opinion differs from yours is bonkers, it is my opinion that haters did not get the point of this film, with all the crap in the world at the moment and all the war and terror to be able to escape back to a time that was perfect is an amazing achievement !!
And I'm vitriolic about it

If calling haters a knob makes you feel you have to retract to a place where no haters are allowed then that's up to you.

By definition a knob in the UK is a term used with silliness rather than distain

So don't get too upset, it also wasn't directed at you its just the way I feel, freedom of speech and all that jazz !!!

This, I'm sick of this already and its only been a week. People complaining that it looks too OT and there should be new stuff to make the galaxy bigger, and then complaining that they don't like the new stuff, all in the one breath. Its ridiculous.
We want it to feel natural. Everything about this movie feel like they are trying to distance themselves with Lucas, while at the same time ripping him off.

Ever have a friend who tries to hard to be something they're not? They just need to take a breath.

They just needed to make a film that was a natural progression from the last 6. That's all. They don't need the plots of the films that worked the best. They don't need any fan service.

And there is certainly no need for a soft reboot.

Just have another story that takes place in the same galaxy. Frankly, I wouldn't care if the falcon is in or not...if they replace it with more cool designs

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

3rd viewing tonight, it just gets better and better, JJ has done in my opinion a better job than any person alive today could've

I've decided that anyone still moaning about anything in this film is a knob !!

It is perfect even with its flaws, and it's flaws are far fewer than any of the OT

It just is simply pure Star Wars

I'm happy for you Guy, but that is the very kind of thinking that got us slapped with the prequels in the first place. Too many praises, not much critical thinking and being close minded to those who would think differently. I personally thought the film was fine and I can forgive a lot of it's issues. It's already done for me what I have been waiting to happen in Star Wars for a very long time.

BUT, there is still plenty of room for improvement. Improvements that should be encouraged not just for the sake of the sequels, but for this film as well. I've seen sequels that can make the previous movies a lot better for what it brings to the big picture. But if the attitude is going to be that we should get more of the same, we'll wind up getting more of the same problems as well.

Not once have I said it's perfect or couldn't be better or hasn't got flaws, there is always room to improve, from script to story to sets to ships and so on and so on, but we got what we did, nothing's going to change that, what I feel we got was the same thing I got 38 years ago and that's all I wanted , to have a huge smile and passion and appreciation

To want anything more than it is already is pretty futile and all moot now , much as it was with the prequels and the OT, it's been made and it won't change

So when it's endless debate about copy cat this and ANH that and DS 3 hate it all just kinda adds more pointless ness to the Internet

My glass is half full with TFA, it's a much better place to be as its out now and wanting anything other than we got is pointless and doesn't add to the world :)

Being half empty is just another place but one in glad I'm not in as I prefer smiling .

Going back to my point about it only needs to be liked by the kid inside us, it's the adult that spoils things !!

I think with this new series it has to be the only way forward for me.

If the kid smiles it's won

I don't want the adult to spoil it as it'll all be a waste of time

Tom, your desire to feel attacked when my opinion differs from yours is bonkers, it is my opinion that haters did not get the point of this film, with all the crap in the world at the moment and all the war and terror to be able to escape back to a time that was perfect is an amazing achievement !!
And I'm vitriolic about it

If calling haters a knob makes you feel you have to retract to a place where no haters are allowed then that's up to you.

By definition a knob in the UK is a term used with silliness rather than distain

So don't get too upset, it also wasn't directed at you its just the way I feel, freedom of speech and all that jazz !!!
That's because you attacked folks for having a different opinion than you. Calling someone a knob has many meanings - any cuss word could be called "silly," that doesn't make it right to do so.

I'm not sure if you know what vitriolic means or if I'm misreading the way you used it. With all due apologies, based on your definition of 'knob' it's not very surprising.

Freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom from the consequences of said speech. Nor does it apply to a private forum. Moot points, but points nonetheless.

Instead of attacking folks for not having the same viewpoint of yours (which ya know - war and terror often comes from), why not just talk about what you loved about the movie? If you see a comment you disagree with - why not talk about that point and try to explain what you saw differently?

It's a great movie. Some people don't think so - tell them what you liked about it rather than dissing them.

The desire to feel dissed here is quite over the top. I have tried to explain what the reasons I liked this movie are, in a way that isn't just ooh cool this and nice prop and wow that was ace, I've tried to say my point based on gut feeling and that the desire to follow the adult fan boy hater in me won't beat down the power of the kid inside me that the film brought out

I'd say that's a much more mature approach to the trilogy ahead as I learned from the PT that when the kids not there the adult hater is

So as you can imagine I'm very pleased that the kid is here and not the grumpy hater

It could've been very different but thankfully for me it wasn't

For the record I never said people who didn't like it are a knob I said people that are still "moaning" about it are?

It's like moaning that the sea is made of water, it'll still be made of water in the morning and the next day

Maybe it's a glass half full of sea water that's the problem :)

I think the powers that be at the new Mouse/owned LucasFilm and the Disney people was that, if they just catered to the original fans from back in the day, they would never reach the kind of box office they knew they could get with a screenplay that brought the old up-to-date, and introduced a whole new set of events and characters that would, both bring in the historic fans, and a raft of new ones as well. The proof that their strategy worked a treat is the unprecedented box office figures that are on their way into outer space even as we speak. After all, aside from all the fan hysteria, the real reason for making the film is to turn a profit for the investors. I'd say they did that.

I enjoyed the film, by the way, and I had almost no questions about where the characters who remain are going to go in future installments.

War comes from spin, to suit a purpose

Both you and Tom spun my words to create tension that isn't there, both accusing me of being insulting to people who disagree with me!

That's more accurate then what I was accused of ?

Just for the record

Nothing star wars'ier than though about it, its just flat out appreciation for what the makers of this film did, from the cast to the cleaners on set ... Heart and soul stand out no matter what the flaws

When people can't see the heart and soul because of things that frankly really don't matter, much as they didn't matter in the 70's and 80's

When I came out of all the OT films I just had passion for things Star Wars

I do again for the first time since 1983, my passion is so happy that the flaws pale away much as they did back then

Its the kid in you that needs to love this film not the grumpy adult that needs the Internet to vent about things with other grumpy adults.

If this film doesn't bring the kid out then nothing will

I feel like saying to JJ ( who I was not happy with as a choice at the start) but id say you deserve one thing for doing this, not an Oscar or bafta or writers guild blah blah or even a bonus the size of Everest

I'd say to him you deserve to have Irvan Kershners ghost appear and tell him he's completed his training ! That would be better than any human approval or sentiment ...

You've just described the exact feelings of those of us that loved the prequels, and we get torn down for liking them.

War comes from spin, to suit a purpose

Both you and Tom spun my words to create tension that isn't there, both accusing me of being insulting to people who disagree with me!

That's more accurate then what I was accused of ?

Just for the record

Dude... Let it go!! You loved TFA and won't see it any other way. Some people have issues with the film. You have freedom of speech and of opinion, and so do they.
You called those moaning about the film a knob! They called you out on it. Now it is over! Time to stop beating a dead horse.
Move one..... ;)

I enjoyed watching the prequels but I don't value them

I love some of the design, the potential and so much more, who wouldn't love Yoda kicking butt?

As far bringing the kid out, it was not the films to do it for me

- - - Updated - - -

That's not true, I was called out for somthing I didn't say, so am making a point of it is all

That's not true, I was called out for somthing I didn't say, so am making a point of it is all

Did you call those who moan about the film a "knob"? Did you use that exact word? Yes! That is a fact! So they called you out on saying exactly that. Not something you didn't say. So best to admit it, stop acting like the victim, apologize and move along.

Question: Is one of the super powers of the Sith to be able to create out of thin air the resources required to build massive weapons?

Just thinking about the cost of that planet sized, sun sucking planet pulverizing devise... not to mention paying for all the troops they had and ships - and how did it move from sun to sun, or was it just a 2x use kind of thing?

To quote myself from a bit earlier up the thread (in part):

It all points to something I'm hoping is accurate conjecture. The Visual Dictionary pegs Starkiller Base's origin point (yes, it's mobile) where Ilum is on the old maps. Considering Ord Mantell, Dathomir, and all the other major systems are still in their familiar places, it seems apparent they're not changing things wholesale. Ilum was a snowy world where the Jedi got their lightsaber amplification crystals. The Emperor mined Ilum after the Jedi were gone for really big crystals to amplify the Death Stars' superlasers. What if Hux's dad were the Imperial officer tasked with the mining of Ilum, and was given a larger goal even than the Death Stars? What if it took half a century to make the planet into the Starkiller, with all that kaiber crystal wealth put to use containing and focusing the energy of a sun? And they were out there on the edge of the Unknown Regions and didn't get any new war material, so they're stuck with what they've got, barring what they've been able to build on their own, such as Special Forces TIE Fighters and new troop armor.

While I'm not saying that's all true or what the filmmakers intended, I'm making my conjecture informed by the extant canon, comments from members of the Story Group, and a bit of logic. If, as it seems, it is Ilum, it makes sense to me that the Starkiller conversion would have been begun at the time the Empire started mining it for big enough kaiber crystals for the first Death Star. I don't know how many other bodies in that system might have been cannibalized to make it all, but one thing the Empire demonstrates is terrific logistical capability. I especially have no problem with it if it took half a century to be fully ready to roll. I need to pick up the new reference books, but I'm guessing it uses the first bit of power from whatever sun it sucks in to move to its intended target, then the rest for the blast. Then it sucks in that sun, and repeat.

--Jonah

We have a Trade Federation set up in the PT - so I'm sure there are other types of Federations and groups that might find it beneficial to support The First Order. Plus, Snoke is apparently been around quite a while - who knows what resources he may have at his disposable.

Despite that reasoning - this is definitely one of my nitpicks for TFA. Not only did they create a superweapon, bigger and more powerful than the original Death Stars, they also have a fleet of fancy new ships - Star Destroyers, TIE Fighters, etc. Based on the amount of time and resource it take the US Navy to build a new ship... well, the First Order must have extremely deep pockets and a huge labor force.

With the New Republic fleet and the Senate homeworld destroyed - even with the destruction of Starkiller, the First Order Navy looked big enough to scale a takeover. The Resistance was pretty small and didn't appear to have any sort of command ships.

Did you call those who moan about the film a "knob"? Did you use that exact word? Yes! That is a fact! So they called you out on saying exactly that. Not something you didn't say. So best to admit it, stop acting like the victim, apologize and move along.

Continually moan, yes!!

Actually moaned, no!!

Continually moan, yes!!

Actually moaned, no!!

image.gif

Just some good advice from your neighborhood stormtrooper.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back