Mara Jade anyone??!!?

jayutmb

STOP READING IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN TFA YET!!!!!!! SPOILERS AHEAD!

So not sure if anyone else has brought it up but... Since they pulled the switch a roo on Ben Skywalker over to the solo clan and booted rest of their kids ( maybe) has anyone gave thought to Mara Jade being Rey's mom!?

Last edited:
I think that if any post-ROTJ EU should be pulled into canon, it should be the Thrawn Trilogy.
It is the first series of books and the series that most people would have read.

Edit: It introduced Mara Jade. There are no kids in it.

Last edited:
I have no doubt that Rey is luke's kid, it's just a vibe that's given off, and it would be neat if they brought Mara in but I doubt it. Having one of Leia's kids go bad is about as EU as they'll probably go.

I think they have borrowed enough from the EU. I don't know if they did it to give a little nod to us fanboys or what. IMO it is time that the galaxy got a little bigger than just the immediate Skywalker family. I have also heard that Finn is Lando's kid. Is it really that hard to find more than 2 black people in the entire Universe?

I'm still not convinced...
Rey is Luke's daughter. I think the theory that she was one of his students at his Jedi academy and someone erased her memories makes the most sense, but her lineage is still up in the air. I would actually prefer she not be related to either the Skywalkers or Kenobi, but given how the trilogies have been, I'm doubtful they'll deviate from that. I actually think it'd be a bit cooler to make her a Kenobi, which follows an earlier script of TFA.

I'm still not convinced...
Rey is Luke's daughter. I think the theory that she was one of his students at his Jedi academy and someone erased her memories makes the most sense, but her lineage is still up in the air. I would actually prefer she not be related to either the Skywalkers or Kenobi, but given how the trilogies have been, I'm doubtful they'll deviate from that. I actually think it'd be a bit cooler to make her a Kenobi, which follows an earlier script of TFA.

I do like that theory too and it could be possible, it'd actually be better than most theories.

See I had no real issue with everybody being connected in the prequels. The story turned out to be all about Vader and not Luke as we had been led to believe. It was the story of his fall and his redemption so I had no issue with it. I just hope that now we can explore other stories that are out in the Universe and make new connections. If they did it right and we have this story line with Ren and Rey go through 7,8,9 and wrap it up then you can keep going infinitely 10,11 and so on with some really great stories that don't involve the Skywalkers or at least not directly.

Rey obviously looks like Padme... you can't say they picked an actress at random. There has to be some family connection.

Or..... since Obi-wan is too old to have Rey as a daughter, she could be his granddaughter.

Mother could be one of the decoy hand maidens - probably Sabean, the one played by Kiera Knightly in Phantom Menace. Obi-wan certainly had plenty of opportunity andSabéwasn't in the next movies... had to take care of the child that would become Rey's parent.

keiraknightlydaisynatalie.jpgkeiraknightlydaisynatalie2.jpg

Or maybe Dormé from Clone Wars
dorme.jpg

But that's too complicated for Star Wars. She's probably just Luke's.

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed, that was one of the (many) flaws of the PT is that everybody was connected to each other making the universe rather small in the process.

They get away with it because of The Force - which binds everything together and could bring people together who are connected and important - magically.

you know when i left the theater that was the first thing a friend said to me... i bet her parents are super force sensitive and i bet her mom is going to be mara jade...

i dont know how i feel about this, would be cool to see her mother named that, but her being the emperors hand idea how i feel about that one..

I agree, I don't think she should have the same background story as the EU character but maybe go with the name and have her be a former imperial.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back