Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Post-release)

All this hand-wringing about who Rey is related to . . .

I'm calling it first - Finn is a Calrissian! He is a good guy, strong & brave. He became fast friends with Han Solo. He has no love for the Empire. But he is a little bit prone to fibbing. And he has a weakness for hot brunettes with Force heritage. It all fits.

And R2-D2 is secretly BB-88's father.

Physician, heal thyself.

...or "oh, look Bryan wants attention again." I'd ignore it, but we don't want him to pout and send PMs and post about me.

- - - Updated - - -

All this hand-wringing about who Rey is related to . . .

I'm calling it first - Finn is a Calrissian! He is a good guy, strong & brave. He became fast friends with Han Solo. He has no love for the Empire. But he is a little bit prone to fibbing. And he has a weakness for hot brunettes with Force heritage. It all fits.

And R2-D2 is secretly BB-88's father.

I wonder if they even have the ability to trace Finn's parentage.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, you weren't kidding. The passive aggressiveness is growing with each post.
Unfortunately, sarcasm comes off that way, too. :)

If you want to read some fun, creative tweets - Emo Kylo Ren now has a Twitter account. Some of it is hilarious.

"my dad owns too many vests"

"Darth Vader had no fatherI envy him"

"dad the wookiee used all my garnier fructis"

Let's see. Who managed to capture A Jedi, A Wookie, the worlds best Astro Droid and the Captain of the Millennium Falcon all at once???

Oh yeah,..EWOKS.

ea3870cda6d409eccbf088fa43964ec3.jpg

Don't forget the Ewoks are cannibals. Plus they are very musical tribe. They created their own jam off just old helmets of their eaten diner guest.

Here's my two cents on Rey's lineage. If I was writing Episode VIII (and if this wasn't still at its heart, a Disney movie), this would be the case:

It is revealed that at some point during the OT, before Luke reveals to Leia that they're siblings, Luke and Leia gave in to the sexual tension between them and did the deed, conceiving Rey. Yes, incest. Rey's double Skywalker heritage would explain her level of strength with the Force (ability to exercise it without training) and it would also explain why the heck nobody wants to talk about Rey or where she came from. It's Leia's dark secret, and she naturally wouldn't have told this to Han (who is oblivious, but for some reason feels drawn to her) and also adds credibility to Luke's decision to go into hiding. I know this won't be the case, but just imagine. Imagine if this is where the Star Wars story went. It would be even more shocking and disturbing than "Luke, I am your Father". Also, this type of behavior was common in the past to avoid "diluting" royal blood lines. I mean, is Anakin's Immaculate Conception really any stranger? I would love to see something as daring and controversial as this happen, but in fact it will probably just be that she is Luke's daughter from a wife that he took post-ROTJ. I think it will be revealed that Kylo not only killed Luke's students, but that he also killed Luke's wife. It seems to me that the death of Luke's students wouldn't have been enough to make him selfishly go into hiding (impeding the fight against the First Order), but perhaps the loss of his wife would be his breaking point. We've seen in the OT that Luke's love for those closest to him has been his undoing in the past. Also, this would explain why Rey's mother hasn't entered the picture (she's dead).

Just got a message from Art and he was really cool about it. He said they just had to many TFA threads. Sooooo I am gonna boil my 10 to 12 page thread down for ya all.

I hated TFA. (If you love it that's awesome)

ROTJ Rules.

Ewoks are awesome.

Thank you.

Tom

MastahBlastah not sure I'd call Luke taking off "selfish" if you consider the jedi's actions during Anakin's time you would have to be blind to not see they were both arrogant and flawed in how they saw and did things plus they had zero clue they were being moved about like pawns so on top of it all they were idiots, and while I like Kenobi he was no different and he and Yoda passed that on to Luke....

Now zip ahead to Luke after ROTJ and he's trying to reestablish the jedi, then his sister and friend's kid gets sent to him for training and what happens? The kid gets to thinking grandpaw Vader was wronged and uncle Luked MURDERED him, so he goes all sith wannabe and slaughters the whole new jedi order.

Now come'on would YOU hang around after that?? I'd say pretty much everything Luke believed in went out the window so he (at least) went looking for the source and I can't blame him, and he may have had some dealings with a young Rey which is up in the air as of now~daughter? Students daughter? Granddaughter? Neice? Who knows?

So not selfish, probably confused, maybe feeling a bit lost.

Last edited by a moderator:
...My only complaint is we will never see Luke, Han and Leia together on the big screen again...
Maybe Han will learn how to be a Force Ghost just so that can happen.

That's how she is so powerful in the force. She has the PUREST Skywalker bloodline.
And a boatload of midichlorians. :devil

I completely agree with the statement above regrading Han's death. I really didn't feel much and actually saw it coming...
A lot of people saw it coming. In the showing I attended, the moment Han started walking out onto the bridge I heard at least half of the people in the theater say something to the effect of, "Oh no..." And that's why it didn't have the impact it should have had--instead of it being sudden and shocking, you know it's coming so you're just sitting there waiting for it to happen and you're prepared for it. Also, I think it happened too soon. We didn't really have enough time to familiarize ourselves with Solo again, so that emotional bond just wasn't there. I understand Ford wanted out of Star Wars, but would it have killed him to do just one more movie?

Now come'on would YOU hang around after that??

Me? No ... I definitely wouldn't! I'm not faulting Luke for doing it, but arguing from the perspective of the Resistance, who are convinced that HE alone is the key to defeating the enemy, and are doing everything in their power to find him. I also identify with Luke though, and realize that he disappeared after convincing himself that he had failed somewhere along the line while training Ren, weather that be to seek aid from the first Jedi temple that Han mentioned, or to avoid the feeding of his own temptation to the dark side, or whatever it ends up being. Either way, it could be argued that his disappearance (when he is thought to be most needed) could be labeled selfish, at least from a "certain point of view".

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back