Survivor Second Chances

I'm bummed Fishback got the advantage. I was really pulling for Spencer to touch that buoy first. And I'm also really bummed Joe won another fracking IC. I thought for sure Abi-Maria (or some girl) would beat him in a balance challenge.

So, Joe's still around, but at least his alliance (or voting block) was blindsided.

Very stoked Jeremy got a *second* HII. Between those two Get-Out-Of-Jail-Free cards, and his place in the current majority voting block, he's in an excellent position in this game. I know you think he's boring, Guri, and you prefer the beefcake Joe, but I still maintain that Jeremy's a more compelling castaway. Time will tell, though. Joe could prove me wrong if he shows his mettle in the strategic/thinking game, rather than just relying on his physical prowess. And Jeremy could fall out of my favor if he screws up the advantages he's created for himself thus far.

Fishback's contention that the game has evolved--which Probst loves promoting--is correct. But, only in a game, I believe, where all the castaways have played the game before. I suspect that the next season in which all the castaways are 1st time players, the old, hierarchical structure of alliances, and of longer-enduring tribalism, will prevail once again.

The Wook

I'm bummed Fishback got the advantage. I was really pulling for Spencer to touch that buoy first. And I'm also really bummed Joe won another fracking IC. I thought for sure Abi-Maria (or some girl) would beat him in a balance challenge.

Joe teaches Yoga, so I usually expect him to win at balance challenges. And I like him because he's a sincerely friendly guy (like Spenser) who remains very cool under pressure (not like Spenser haha!)... There have been better looking guys on Survivor that I didn't like, so I don't know if that's a factor or not, but it annoys me that you think it is. :p

I did like Jeremy more this time for flipping with Spenser and I liked Fishback more because he stopped whining and started playing and knew who to trust with his game plan and it worked this time. He is right about this game, but I agree that it isn't likely going to stay this way. The only reason it works is because the only nasty people who can't take being voted for are Abi and Cass, who is gone. Everyone else doesn't like it, but doesn't take it personally and can still work with people who voted for them and understand if their alliance switches sides - they are all very practical. You get a crybaby (like Russel) in a game and as soon as someone looks at them cross-eyed they scare everyone with a mean vendetta.

Also, not cool that they call the three girls 'witches'.

No, I know who he is on this show, I could pick him out in a line up. I guess I should have been more clear and asked, "Why the hell is Fishback?".

Ha, he was final two? Totally did not leave any impression on us, I guess that's part of why he didn't get any votes.

ah! haha! Okay - well, I don't remember him either. The people who made it were those who were voted for by fans, so SOMEONE knows him.

Joe teaches Yoga, so I usually expect him to win at balance challenges. And I like him because he's a sincerely friendly guy (like Spenser) who remains very cool under pressure (not like Spenser haha!)... There have been better looking guys on Survivor that I didn't like, so I don't know if that's a factor or not, but it annoys me that you think it is. :p

Guri, I didn't mean to suggest you only like him for his looks. Sorry if it came off that way.

The Wook

The weather in that last episode was great!! That is how I like to see Survivor, tough harsh locations where everyone is miserable! LOL

The weather in that last episode was great!! That is how I like to see Survivor, tough harsh locations where everyone is miserable! LOL

I love that, too. Even more so in seasons where everyone's a first-time player! And it's the best when it happens to a first-time player on Exile Island!! lol

Last edited:
I think so, there were ads for it on other CBS shows with clips of more and more rain causing mental breaks.

...just checked the DVR guide and it's 2 hours!

That two hour episode was tense!

Spoilers below....

I thought for SURE they'd oust Joe when he didn't win!!! Wow... to be so sick, then have some one use (one of) their idol to save you one vote and then use your advantage the next and still go home. That's gotta be down and up and down of all time... Hope he enjoyed Ponderosa (they're still going there, right?)

And as I've always said, the longer you keep Abi around the more chance you have of uncertainty. Wentworth seems to be a dragon tamer, though...

The teaser for next week had me really upset; to think someone (probably Spenser, maybe Joe or less likely Keith) got whacked in the head with one of those statues ugh - these games are so dangerous sometimes.

I really can't stand Keith - the way he was so gross with spitting and ignoring Abi-Maria when he was supposedly in an alliance with her.

However, Abi-Maria.... *sigh* I could have liked her for standing up to Spencer except for one thing... The first time Spencer went fishing a couple weeks ago Savage treated her like dirt and she hated him, the second time he flirted with her and she was totally taken in and I got the feeling that the only reason she was confident enough to stand up to Jeremy was because she was flirting behind his back and felt secure in that... And the way she wouldn't let Spencer apologize just said to me that it wasn't about what he did and making him realize he should listen to her and not treat her badly, it was about how she felt and making him pay. very immature, as usual for Abi.

Fishback is a mess and super insecure - it does not surprise me at all that he has had serious relationship issues in the past and I am proud of Wentworth for turning on him before he could turn on her.

Really looking forward to how it plays out next week!

Really liked them running that one challenge at night. Is that the first time they have ever done a challenge in the dark because I certainly don't remember any.

That weather looked absolutely brutal. I'm honest enough with myself to admit that there's no way I could hack it out there in conditions like that for 39 days. Hell, I start to get a little nuts if the power goes out for a few hours. :lol

Now THAT was a great Survivor episode! Best one this season. It had heartwarming loved-one visits, a big upset in an EPIC Immunity Challenge, a castaway going down in a frightening scene, and an impossible to predict vote at Tribal Council...or as Spencer put it, a vote that "will win or lose Survivor".

Loved it!

I sorta kinda feel sorry for Joe gettin' the boot, but not really. It's just that he got some sympathy points, even with me, after that scary collapse he suffered in the Immunity Challenge!

And how 'bout Keith?! That old hick is kinda a stud at some of these challenges! He and Joe held those poles up for an hour and half. That's awesome! Keith was smart to brace the bottom of the pole against his torso. Joe kept his hands away from his body, and it sapped his strength 'til the tank was dry as a bone. I liked when Spencer looked away and said, "This is too tense!". Exactly how I felt.

The Wook

I have been following Joe on Facebook and that was a mistake - he never posts until yesterday - and I just so happened to not watch it on Wednesday night; still haven't, so I got spoiled. Now I know he was hurt and booted and I won't get any of the tension... of course I have to fake it some or else my husband will be spoiled. (I'll tell him after I knew, I just don't want to keep him from enjoying it)

Keith is a stud at challenges, but he's a dud in the social game.

also, I am not happy that these challenges are so dangerous. :( Hopefully I'll get to see it tonight.

I have been following Joe on Facebook and that was a mistake - he never posts until yesterday - and I just so happened to not watch it on Wednesday night; still haven't, so I got spoiled. Now I know he was hurt and booted and I won't get any of the tension... of course I have to fake it some or else my husband will be spoiled. (I'll tell him after I knew, I just don't want to keep him from enjoying it)

Keith is a stud at challenges, but he's a dud in the social game.

also, I am not happy that these challenges are so dangerous. :( Hopefully I'll get to see it tonight.

The challenge in and if itself wasn't dangerous. Joe passed out, likely because he was holding his head back for so long. He just had eaten a BBQ so it wasn't what that doc said about low blood sugar. I miss the days when they actually starved these people. Now everyone looks like they actually gain weight and are given ample grooming opportunities.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back