Dragoncon 2015

11960121_10101565385497283_2042890373669808964_n.jpg

MatrixSpoon reminded me that for the folks that did not turn in a badge avatar, you'll still get a printed badge with your RPF username and info (i.e. City, State Member since info)

This badge just won't have the avatar. I will also be printing some blank badges that folks can fill out their info by hand. Looks like just about everyone will have a badge though.

Badges printed so far is 64. This does not include the final badges I have to print this weekend.

This year's RPF meet up has grown quite a bit compared to last year, lots of new people to meet, lots of new friends to make.

I'm very excited.

I would print the final badges tonight except I ran out of card stock. Card stock is on my list for a supply run tomorrow. Gotta get some hardware from lowes, some more paint and a couple other items so I can hit it hard this weekend.

It's crunch time now. :wacko

I'll sleep after DragonCon :lol

Last edited by a moderator:
We don't have much and this isn't as fancy as some of the costume announcements, but the message is there! :D Wish we could be there for the Thursday meet up - but here's what we'll be doing the rest of the con. If anyone has any similar genre costumes at the times that we have, let me know - we would love to meet up with you for photo ops and what not... Looks like you'll have to click to see when we're wearing what.

Dragoncon.jpg
Galadriel/Fili Juliet/Jacob Jack Frost/Ingrid Snow Queen
Hobbit LOST Legend of Guardians and Once Upon A Time

@MatrixSpoon reminded me that for the folks that did not turn in a badge avatar, you'll still get a printed badge with your RPF username and info (i.e. City, State Member since info)

This badge just won't have the avatar. I will also be printing some blank badges that folks can fill out their info by hand. Looks like just about everyone will have a badge though.

Badges printed so far is 64. This does not include the final badges I have to print this weekend.

This year's RPF meet up has grown quite a bit compared to last year, lots of new people to meet, lots of new friends to make.

I'm very excited.

I would print the final badges tonight except I ran out of card stock. Card stock is on my list for a supply run tomorrow. Gotta get some hardware from lowes, some more paint and a couple other items so I can hit it hard this weekend.

It's crunch time now. :wacko

I'll sleep after DragonCon :lol

I am also pretty excited at the number of awesome new people we will have to meet!

Oh last minute supply runs how we hate you so.... I will also be making at least one or two more of those myself when I get to certain stages and find I havent got the thing I need. OR if this damn paint I have doesn't work out... >.>; I'm looking at you green spray paint cans....

Sleep.... what is sleep? (indeed I think we will all sleep AFTER dcon xDDDD )

- - - Updated - - -

I'm so crunchtime I streaming on livestream. xD I'll be streaming again tomorrow night as well. I find it helps me stay focused better and really dig into the build. :)

I am also pretty excited at the number of awesome new people we will have to meet!

Oh last minute supply runs how we hate you so.... I will also be making at least one or two more of those myself when I get to certain stages and find I havent got the thing I need. OR if this damn paint I have doesn't work out... >.>; I'm looking at you green spray paint cans....

Sleep.... what is sleep? (indeed I think we will all sleep AFTER dcon xDDDD )

- - - Updated - - -

I'm so crunchtime I streaming on livestream. xD I'll be streaming again tomorrow night as well. I find it helps me stay focused better and really dig into the build. :)

I have two places to go tomorrow to get some final things. Paint, nuts / bolts for mounting the jetpack to the harness. And other little items. I have a running list. I'm going to go through all my costumes and make sure I pick up everything tomorrow. This weekend is a hard push to get things done.

I really want to have my stuff done by Monday. What is the live stream your doing?

I have two places to go tomorrow to get some final things. Paint, nuts / bolts for mounting the jetpack to the harness. And other little items. I have a running list. I'm going to go through all my costumes and make sure I pick up everything tomorrow. This weekend is a hard push to get things done.

I really want to have my stuff done by Monday. What is the live stream your doing?
when i'm streaming I can be found at ---> http://original.livestream.com/lucisillustrations?t=570098
i'm about to stream again now for a couple hours, its going to be slow going because I have to leave at 3pm for work today but i'll be streaming again in the evening after work.
GOTTA GET THIS SH$T DONNNEEEE
woooooo final stretch less than a week remainssssss

..... FRICK. xD

I also cannot wait to see and hug the daylights out of everybody! The excitement is poking through between the costume completion thoughts and planning! :)

though I do have one concern now....the weather. I am so afraid that the giant marvel universe shoot is going to get rained out this year which is the one really big shoot I planned to participate in that was going to be important to me and the costume I am completing for this year. I am so worried that the 60% chance of rain on sunday will happen at 3-5 pm block of time that the shoot is scheduled for... everybody cross your fingers that the damn hurricane lays off ;-; I am in shots with George Perez last year in my lady loki from that shoot. I really want something awesome to happen again and this year I qualify for the comic canon side of things for the first time ever ;A; COME ONNNN WEATHER.....

God I hope that the weather holds out too. It is miserable there when it rains, afterwords it gets very muggy and hot and everyone smells pretty ripe.
I also dont know how my costume would hold up to rain... fingers crossed

Must be crunch time, it got quiet in here. LOL My Captain America is almost good to go, need to tweak the helmet straps and make the belt and im calling it done, will redo the boot covers later.

Must be crunch time, it got quiet in here. LOL My Captain America is almost good to go, need to tweak the helmet straps and make the belt and im calling it done, will redo the boot covers later.

I love seeing Cap costumes - when will you be wearing it? I don't want to miss you...

Right now Im thinking Sunday. First Dragon Con so I think Friday will be just street clothes and getting a feel for where everything is, etc, Saturday my Edward Kenway, Sun- Cap.

This is a good plan. Go Muggle on Friday since it's your first time. Though now that I think about it, I didn't. :)

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back