Anovos Stormtrooper.... thoughts?

This is my concern. So far I love Anvos, awesome customer service, etc. but they have collected hundreds of thousands from fans and not a single customer has actually handled and even seen pics of the actual item.

As it was just posted they are all prototypes still being tweaked.

I think they are gonna be incredible but it would be nice to see and someone handle the actual product.
Yeah but while they are new to the Star Wars gig, they have produced quite a few items, mostly Trek related and they seem to have a good track record so far...

Plus, I think it might be a lot harder to get endorsed by Disney than by LFL. I'm confident they are solid. When they'll ship however is a different story. They seem to have a history of delaying shipping dates.

I think they set up this whole preorder thing to be able to step up their game and deliver on a larger scale. In a way, we are paying them so that they can get their act together. For me though, it's a win-win!

Let me put it this way. If Anovos DID recast parts of someone's armor, so what? THEY HAVE A LICENSE TO PRODUCE THEM. No one else does.

I'm keeping my order, looks awesome and is a great price.

Would love to see pics if there's more at this SDCC.

I pre ordered my armor and reach the price of $ 350, really hope it's a great suit and can use it a lot, and finally to put one of my helmet Skull in full armor XD

Yeah but while they are new to the Star Wars gig, they have produced quite a few items, mostly Trek related and they seem to have a good track record so far...

Plus, I think it might be a lot harder to get endorsed by Disney than by LFL. I'm confident they are solid. When they'll ship however is a different story. They seem to have a history of delaying shipping dates.

I think they set up this whole preorder thing to be able to step up their game and deliver on a larger scale. In a way, we are paying them so that they can get their act together. For me though, it's a win-win!

True and like I said I think it's gonna be great but man that is a lot of teaser prototypes with not one being finalized.

I really do think Anvos is gonna be awesome though.

did you guys see this pre-order for the shadowtrooper version,

shadowstormtrooper.png

http://www.anovos.com/collections/star-wars/products/star-wars-imperial-shadowtrooper-pre-order

I purchased the TK kit right away even though I have no experience whatsoever. I can't decide whether I want to pick this one up or not. Part of my indecisiveness comes from not being very good with building things and already having a kit coming to figure out.

I'm waiting for the standalone helmet po

Yeah this announcement means my EFX Shadowtrooper helmet will never sell which is just fine as I really did not want it to go.

Told the wife,"Sorry baby, they can buy the whole guy for less than the helmet."

I work in the film industry and have met Harrison and can truly say that I haven't heard a bad word about him. When I met him I told him that I was a huge fan and he thanked me for being a fan.

that's great to hear. I love stories like that compared to stories like people meeting say, chevy chase who is known to be a bit of a jerk.
same goes for bill murray. apparently you have to catch him on a good day.

but, anyway, way off topic I know. Anyone know just how much extra work the kitt will have? I bought that to save money and to have another project..

Anyone know just how much extra work the kitt will have? I bought that to save money and to have another project..

You will have to trim each piece individually as all of (or most of) the parts come roughly cut off of the vacuform table. I'm not sure what they're doing for strapping, but from what it sounds like they will make it pretty easy to put everything on. The hard part (which is also the most fun) is trimming the pieces, sanding the edges to make them look nice, and gluing them together. For an experienced builder I would say a few weeks would be a reasonable build time, whereas someone with no experience (like me) will probably take a few months. It's all about making it fit your body in the best way possible. For larger people, most of the time shims (plastic plates used to bridge the gaps between armor) are used to accommodate a few extra pounds. I'm really really skinny, so I'm going to be taking more plastic off than most people will. It's not a plug and play costume, it's something that will require a lot of patience, but the final product is very rewarding. Have you checked out any build threads on FISD? whitearmor.net is chock full of amazing stormtrooper builds and everyone there has been extremely helpful. Even if your kit is still months away, it's good to do a few month's worth of research so that you can dive right in on big brown box day :cool

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back