Terminator: Genisys

I almost wish they would do that.

MB is the farthest extreme of his style. When he falls out of favor, the stuff he actually made (as opposed to the imitations) will be the first things they recognize might deserve a non-MB-style remake.

they really didn't have to use arnold again.

In the first movie, Arnold's old body building pal played the Terminator thats in the future hunting down Kyle Reese.

They should have hired an actor with a good build similar to that guy and have that guy as the Terminator.

A geriatric Arnie just doesn't look credible enough.

they really didn't have to use arnold again.

In the first movie, Arnold's old body building pal played the Terminator thats in the future hunting down Kyle Reese.

They should have hired an actor with a good build similar to that guy and have that guy as the Terminator.

A geriatric Arnie just doesn't look credible enough.

Exactly! He was just one of what was supposed to be many different models of terminator. Criticize me, if you will, but I thought Vin Diesel would make a pretty decent terminator.

The true terminator

594-bean-is-terminator.jpg

Exactly! He was just one of what was supposed to be many different models of terminator. Criticize me, if you will, but I thought Vin Diesel would make a pretty decent terminator.

That is the worst id.... :p just kidding. I'm pretty sure Vin would do a damn good job :)

Wow thats some incredible CGI work. :rolleyes

View attachment 463679

Ben

Is this legit? Please tell me that this is some kind of promo image that was just a work in progress. I mean, no. Terminator 3 was a bad movie, but it contained my favorite visual effect shot of the whole year. More than Lord of the Rings and the Matrix sequel. It was the merging of the endo-skeleton and Arnold's real face. Even with Stan Winston's awesome make up, it always came off as make up since the real skeleton wouldn't stick out so far. But seeing that skeleton in T3 with the real terminator eye moving in sync with his artificial one was just... Dang that was awesome! For the first time the Terminator Skeleton and Arnold were one in the same and it looked great!

This looks horrible! 12 years since T3 and visual effects have somehow gotten worse? How?!

- - - Updated - - -

Wow thats some incredible CGI work. :rolleyes

View attachment 463679

Ben

Is this legit? Please tell me that this is some kind of promo image that was just a work in progress. I mean, no. Terminator 3 was a bad movie, but it contained my favorite visual effect shot of the whole year. More than Lord of the Rings and the Matrix sequel. It was the merging of the endo-skeleton and Arnold's real face. Even with Stan Winston's awesome make up, it always came off as make up since the real skeleton wouldn't stick out so far. But seeing that skeleton in T3 with the real terminator eye moving in sync with his artificial one was just... Dang that was awesome! For the first time the Terminator Skeleton and Arnold were one in the same and it looked great!

This looks horrible! 12 years since T3 and visual effects have somehow gotten worse? How?!

It's legit. Just released on the official site. They are releasing the new trailer soon. I hope somehow it's fake but it's come from the source and supposed to be from the new trailer. :(

Ben

I can't find words...

I...

What?

Fan films made on iPhones have better effects...

This can't be real...

Maybe motion blur that made the still pic look odd???

I mean... WHAT???

It's legit. Just released on the official site. They are releasing the new trailer soon. I hope somehow it's fake but it's come from the source and supposed to be from the new trailer. :(

Ben

VFX is a tool, if you don't know how to use that tool, the result will suck.

So like I and others have said Before, this film is made by idiots, for idiots. Hack-job.

:facepalm :facepalm

its always amazing they "try" to make it look "realistic" yet the flesh never bleeds all over the place... I thought a terminator was covered in living breathing BLEEDING tissue......yet there is always CHROME showing and the flesh is torn....ever...so....specifically :rolleyes movie after movie after moooo

I agree but the film is just over 2 months away. That's hardly early promo like JW. Besides its not the CG that I'm most worried about.

Ben

Woah, that's shoddy CGI here… glunark: in T-II Cameron said, Terminator do have a cloned chicken sized heart to deliver nutrients and oxygen to the tissue cover. They also have a kind of throat duct and a modified stomache to process food completely.

Last edited by a moderator:
Brand new trailer- this movie looks fun, but I can tell already it will be full of eye rolling humor just like T3 ('Nice to meet you')
Maybe it's just me, but this new trailer gives away a lot of potential surprises, particularly regarding John.
This is looking like a good popcorn movie though- I'll be there day one with a group of friends!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TevBYNqFVeg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back