HalloweenCostumes.com "Back to the Future 2 Light Up Shoes"

Two 'reviews' on YouTube so far. The box looks to be the best part. Really not sure about these shoes. From what we can see on on the two videos they will be the same quality as the V2s, just they look so out of proportion. Maybe it is the extra puffy cuff and roundish hole, but they just look squat compared to the V2 which does look taller. Hope you guys that placed your orders get them soon for some pics.

Two 'reviews' on YouTube so far. The box looks to be the best part. Really not sure about these shoes. From what we can see on on the two videos they will be the same quality as the V2s, just they look so out of proportion. Maybe it is the extra puffy cuff and roundish hole, but they just look squat compared to the V2 which does look taller. Hope you guys that placed your orders get them soon for some pics.

Well I got an email from HalloweenCostumes.com today. Here's what it said...
<snip>
However, we WILL reserve a pair from the very next shipment, just for you, and that will be sent immediately upon arrival. We will be sending out an update via email on October 18th with more precise details in regards to the next shipment of shoes.
<snip>

We'll get them as soon as they're available, but to me 'soon' isn't going to be for a few weeks yet, probably a month to six weeks.

Not worried about it... it'll happen when it happens.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am guessing TylerHam is mainly referring to BTTF / DMC licensing clauses when it comes to merchandise. If anyone converts their 1:1 scale DeLorean into a Time Machine, no one is going to object about the DMC logo. But when a company makes a BTTF DeLorean model, they have to get the license for the DMC logo. If nobody objected to that, we wouldn't be having BTTF DeLorean models from Diamond Select Toys with missing DMC logos. DST didn't want to pay extra fees for licensing, hence no logos on the model cars.

Yes - That is what I was referring to!

The ebay prices for these are crazy. Up to $1,000.

I went to the website to sign up and be notified when they come back in stock.
They aren't perfect but for the price, it's not too bad. Easy to modify, too. :)

the pre orders went live today at 6 i was able to get a pair size 10 for the early november shipment, i honeslty just can wait any longer to own some mags,are they as good as the better replicas? no but i just dont feel like spending 250 on a pair of shoes is worth it no matter how much i love the mags and the films i just can justify it! im sure ill be happy with the shoes for what they are and may even try adding the logos and slim toe who knows

I would honestly just wait on getting some MAGs right now. The member airair is in contact with the factory that makes the V2s and he is getting them to make pairs that are more accurate. Completely changing the shape of the upper part to look just like the real thing.

This is just the V2 midsole with the real shoe upper photoshopped onto it, but they will probably end up looking like this.
10306538_10203274234324691_2285380375563127795_n.jpg

wait you guys got shipping confirmation for th hc mags?? what the hell my pair is supposed to be early november but i haven't heard anything since the preorder confirmation email

Mine is from an order placed on Sept. 30th where the order went through but AFTER they had sold out (website glitch). They told me I would be guaranteed a pair when they come in again if I just let the order ride... so I did.

image.jpg I saw this on Instagram they don't look as short as they did in the original photos on hc.com

I saw this on Instagram they don't look as short as they did in the original photos on hc.com
attachment.php

The shoe might actually be the same height as the V2 MAG, just that over done puffy cuff makes them look short. The grey can't be as high.

http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=404220&d=1415692083

The shoe might actually be the same height as the V2 MAG, just that over done puffy cuff makes them look short. The grey can't be as high.

The puffyness doesn't look as bad in this pic to me just when you know what it should look like you can tell it's too wide, I think the fat toe box plus that too wide top is what gives it a stocky look hopefully my shoes get here soon and I can slim the toe and the shoes might look decent

Got them in - tried them on - they fit me fine, although I'm still working on figuring out whether I need to adjust the placement of the Velcro on the ankle strap or not. Haven't really had time to check them out thoroughly but I'm happy with my first impression of them. The LEDs are nice and bright, although the blue lighting could use some better diffusing.

I'm not worried about working with these to make improvements - I'm happy with the price point and with what I received, although I will be adding the swoosh and the Nike Mag lettering once they become available.

HalloweenCostumes.com even enclosed a couple small extras in the box but I won't spoil the surprise further - they're not really collectible items but are still very nice gestures. I won't hesitate to order from them again in the future.

I don't think HC will be sending extras to everyone - just those whose orders got cancelled the first time around in Sept. My pair from HC is set for "early November" but have not even shipped yet. So feel free to share what you got =)

Got them in - tried them on - they fit me fine, although I'm still working on figuring out whether I need to adjust the placement of the Velcro on the ankle strap or not. Haven't really had time to check them out thoroughly but I'm happy with my first impression of them. The LEDs are nice and bright, although the blue lighting could use some better diffusing.

I'm not worried about working with these to make improvements - I'm happy with the price point and with what I received, although I will be adding the swoosh and the Nike Mag lettering once they become available.

HalloweenCostumes.com even enclosed a couple small extras in the box but I won't spoil the surprise further - they're not really collectible items but are still very nice gestures. I won't hesitate to order from them again in the future.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back