Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread

He said he's using XTC3D

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

02028e4c561a00e8aa3271e4d98b40df.jpg

Then I hope these are not final prints because I can see the faceting and print lines in this image.

So back to discussing MAGs...

I found a new cleaning product. Not had a chance to use it yet but given how good the results are with the water repellent spray, I have a good feeling about this product.

So this is the collection of products I have bought to preserve my MAGs.

From the left -

1. Re-Align water repellent works a treat. Interestingly the store I was buying this stopped stocking it and only had the cleaner and the other water repellent.

2. Re-Align foaming cleaner (hopefully it works).

3. The US equivalent of the Re-Align?

4. Never Wet.
I don't recommend Never Wet for the V3s. This product leaves a waxy film on the fabric and rubber parts. I tested it on V2s and it didn't repel water as well as Re-Align.
c3a6e6f0bdf1aa9e90686699cf1fcf83.jpg

Sent from my CPH1701 using Tapatalk

Built a MAG box...mainly used 1/8" HDF and automotive vinyl. Hoping this will last longer than paper especially the folds since vinyl shouldn't tear like the paper. Also considering every box that I've had from David has been torn when it gets here....

Attachments

• 20180520_000631_HDR.jpg
    20180520_000631_HDR.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 87
  • 20180525_153853_HDR.jpg
    20180525_153853_HDR.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 91
  • 20180526_221255_HDR.jpg
    20180526_221255_HDR.jpg
    6.4 MB · Views: 88
  • 20180603_143519_HDR.jpg
    20180603_143519_HDR.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 98
  • 20180603_162442_HDR.jpg
    20180603_162442_HDR.jpg
    6.1 MB · Views: 96
  • 20180603_143609_HDR.jpg
    20180603_143609_HDR.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 89
Built a MAG box...mainly used 1/8" HDF and automotive vinyl. Hoping this will last longer than paper especially the folds since vinyl shouldn't tear like the paper. Also considering every box that I've had from David has been torn when it gets here....
Very nice. Any plans of making the white box?

That is a great job.

Have all the tears been along the flap? I emailed them specifically asking for a box without this and after several emails, sure enough, they sent one without a tear. It was almost like they either were not sure what I was asking or they simply didn't have a box without a tear.

I wanted to vacuum form that foam part but so that both sets of lights are on show. It won't fit in the box though.

- - - Updated - - -

Very nice. Any plans of making the white box?

The white box in a pearl Perspex would be sexy. But damn heavy to ship.

That is a great job.

Have all the tears been along the flap? I emailed them specifically asking for a box without this and after several emails, sure enough, they sent one without a tear. It was almost like they either were not sure what I was asking or they simply didn't have a box without a tear.

I asked them to send me a good box without any damage...and this is what I was sent. The outside shipping box was less damaged than the Nike Mag box itself...clearly damaged before he shipped it.

Attachments

• IMG_2333.JPG
    IMG_2333.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 83
  • IMG_2357.JPG
    IMG_2357.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 79
  • IMG_2335.JPG
    IMG_2335.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 76
I asked them to send me a good box without any damage...and this is what I was sent. The outside shipping box was less damaged than the Nike Mag box itself...clearly damaged before he shipped it.

Yeah that is pretty bad. That tear on the flap at the front is pretty common on these boxes.

@WizardBTTF
so is the nike sign painted on or is it sticker?
and how does the folding on the lip work?
also what color vinyl and brand did you use?

also if price is right im sure you can sell lots on ebay as almost every v3 owner has screwed up boxes lol

@WizardBTTF
so is the nike sign painted on or is it sticker?
and how does the folding on the lip work?
also what color vinyl and brand did you use?

also if price is right im sure you can sell lots on ebay as almost every v3 owner has screwed up boxes lol

Logos are vinyl also. I engraved some stamps to try out for the next box, but vinyl is hard to get ink to adhere well.
Lip has small 10mm neodymium magnets. I laser engraved a recessed area and epoxied them in flush then covered with vinyl. The folds are made up of 3 layers of vinyl, outside layer and 2 inside layers.
Not sure of exact color, but here is the ebay item #262138203411

Logos are vinyl also. I engraved some stamps to try out for the next box, but vinyl is hard to get ink to adhere well.
Lip has small 10mm neodymium magnets. I laser engraved a recessed area and epoxied them in flush then covered with vinyl. The folds are made up of 3 layers of vinyl, outside layer and 2 inside layers.
Not sure of exact color, but here is the ebay item #262138203411

Ok why didn't this work?

0 results for #262138203411[/h]

Last edited by a moderator:
Only displaying. There is absolutely no reason these should be falling apart already. I've already cut into the sole and swapped an EL out for a brighter one from @WizardBTTF. I just ordered some batteries from him so I'm hoping that's the issue. These literally sit in my office. I turn them on occasionally while I'm working. To turn around and have the lights already going out is driving me bonkers. Won't buy from that guy ever again. IF I ever decide to replace these I'll go another route.
who did you purchase the shoes from? Got mine yesterday, I fully charged them up as they arrived with one dead (if there is anything this getting mags process has taught me is better patience). They stay on 10 mins, 15 tops, then switch off. Did you solve it?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

who did you purchase the shoes from? Got mine yesterday, I fully charged them up as they arrived with one dead (if there is anything this getting mags process has taught me is better patience). They stay on 10 mins, 15 tops, then switch off. Did you solve it?

I believe I have. I'm not yet 100% certain, as I'm still waiting on the final parts to put these together, but I'm more than 95% sure. First I replaced the batteries, and that didn't help, then I took the strap off as the board was the next step for me in trying to fix it. I don't have the board in hand to replace it yet but just in manually "fiddling" with the board, i.e. disconnecting it from the switch and the "nike" EL in the strap, then reconnecting, I was able to get the shoe to remain on indefinitely. I think it's like others have said and these parts are just really finicky, particularly this board.

If you just got them, I would consider trying to get a replacement out of them, but even then it might eventually or even right away have the same issue. My replacement shoe ended up having the EXACT same issue as the first one. Once I have all my parts (I'm also replacing the led's and bubbles since I'm already taking these things apart and am getting more and more comfortable), I'll post pictures and process notes to hopefully help other people repairing or modding theirs.

I believe I have. I'm not yet 100% certain, as I'm still waiting on the final parts to put these together, but I'm more than 95% sure. First I replaced the batteries, and that didn't help, then I took the strap off as the board was the next step for me in trying to fix it. I don't have the board in hand to replace it yet but just in manually "fiddling" with the board, i.e. disconnecting it from the switch and the "nike" EL in the strap, then reconnecting, I was able to get the shoe to remain on indefinitely. I think it's like others have said and these parts are just really finicky, particularly this board.

If you just got them, I would consider trying to get a replacement out of them, but even then it might eventually or even right away have the same issue. My replacement shoe ended up having the EXACT same issue as the first one. Once I have all my parts (I'm also replacing the led's and bubbles since I'm already taking these things apart and am getting more and more comfortable), I'll post pictures and process notes to hopefully help other people repairing or modding theirs.
thank you so much. I charged mine over night, was still getting the same issue, then I walked the dog around the building I live in. The upper has now come away from the sole too. Yeah, got back in touch with the dude I got them from, but he's frosty as a snowmans dangly bits since I spoke about my experience of buying from him in this group last week, so I can't see me sending them back his way. Plus the whole point was that they were checked and improved over the original v3s before they were shipped. They're not, beyond having dimmer leds. May be the cheapest place to get them, but I'm just going to dive in and start doing this stuff myself. Never had anything fall apart this fast. I say that having owned an Italian car. I'll try the Nintendo fix. blow into them and see if that works. I even tried switching them off and on again. LOL to the things we do to look like we have a 9 year old's ski boots.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back