Highlander series Immortals' swords

Not sure Backstage, it has been a long time since I saw Finale 1 and 2. I will rewatch them soon and get back with you. Ritchie's that Duncan gave him later, Graham Ashe's old sword, looked like a Del Tin to me. I forget what model .

Just viewed the Episodes.

It shares a resembalace but it is different than the del tin used for Ash/ Ritche

The Watcher chronicles list it as a "Hand and a half ******* broadsword

the sword Kalas obtains once he escapes from jail in "Finale part 1 and 2"... although it's a broadsword it is noticeably different than his original one. I was wondering if his sword or atleast parts of it were used for Richie's new sword later on. I know the series had lots of swapping of parts here and there for new looks etc.

Just a thought, I could be way off base.

Schubroproductions, on that list after some research I noticeed tht one or two were not what the list said. Like in "Innocent Man" it said Lucas Desirae's sword was a Confederate Cavalry Sabre. But what was used is actually a french made Chilean Cavalry sword ca 1893. I would love to have one. I reckon the script just called for the Confederate sword but props just grabbed up anything to use.

Sadly you are about a decade to late.

As I posted earlier Marto has retired a lot of their Swords.

It won't be impposible but it will be very hard to do and prepare to shell out some major cash

Hello Apollo,
You are right. And there were some I could not identify in later episodes. But I will over time get what i can. Several of the swords were used in several episodes by various immortals.

Schubroproductions, on that list after some research I noticeed tht one or two were not what the list said. Like in "Innocent Man" it said Lucas Desirae's sword was a Confederate Cavalry Sabre. But what was used is actually a french made Chilean Cavalry sword ca 1893. I would love to have one. I reckon the script just called for the Confederate sword but props just grabbed up anything to use.

For what it's worth, US military swords at the time were typically based on French models. So a French pattern sword, even one made for Chilean service, might not be too far from a Confederate sword. Besides, Confederate is a prretty broad term for a sword since their sword designs would have almost certainly differed from branch to branch with regulations dictating that an infantry officer carry one style of sword and an artillery officer another, which would be different from the cavalry. Then you have to factor in private purchases by the more well to do officers, something that seemed to be somewhat commonplace in British service.

True but that sword they used was made in the 1890s, 30 years after the war. No biggy though. It was a type of cavalry sword and that is what the sript called for. No telling how many and of what types Holly wood has in storage. Or Th company that did the series. I loved how part was filmed in Canada and part in France. Neat, like visiting another country with them.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back