Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread

Well fellas... I've run into my first problem...

The left shoe keeps shutting off on its own. When on the charger, or just sitting there. It comes back on when I hit the button, but for some reason it just shuts off.

I just tried swapping the charging cables to see if maybe I just had a bad connection.

Any ideas?
Leave it plugged in for about an hour, then check. cavx is the one to talk to if the problem dosen't go away. I REALLY hope nothing's broken already

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Leave it plugged in for about an hour, then check. @cavx is the one to talk to if the problem dosen't go away. I REALLY hope nothing's broken already

They were plugged in for 3.5 hours.

I just unplugged and replugged just the one shoe. It hasnt shut off in about 10 minutes,

It sounds like the charging port May be broken....

I have just the one that was shutting off plugged in now and it hasn't shut off since I plugged it in. I'm hoping maybe one side of the charging cable is bad. David told me to contact Wendy about this and my mangled box.

I have just the one that was shutting off plugged in now and it hasn't shut off since I plugged it in. I'm hoping maybe one side of the charging cable is bad. David told me to contact Wendy about this and my mangled box.
Best of luck to you

So I was going to do an unboxing video, but my kids were so excited to see the shoes that had been delivered yesterday morning, I decided to just open them. Of course I was excited too.

I was pretty disappointed with the box that was pretty ratty and torn apart. I also was not thrilled at the condition of the metal license plate (it was all scuffed and scratched) or the poster which also seemed to have seen better days.

The shoes however, were spectacular. they looked as good as I'd hoped.

Here are some pictures of them, along with my current BTTF stuff. I have an Almanac on the way.
View attachment 786210View attachment 786211View attachment 786212View attachment 786213View attachment 786214

So excited to finally own these babies!

Nice! They're definitely miles above the others you were considering, right? Some might even say..... 88 miles.... :p

(as for the box, my pairs came with the yellow box wrapped in bubble wrap inside the white box each time and the only damaged one was from the first batch where everyone's was damaged in the same spot, as though something had scraped a stack of boxes)

The toe box will wrinkle a little over time and wear, so take lots of photos while they're new, as that's when they look the best. Although, my wear pair hasn't really wrinkled up much and I've had them for a fair while now. Not that I get to wear them much, the only time the boss saw me wearing them was at the work Xmas party and HIS boss said he loved them, then my boss said "I won't let him wear them to work." :D

When you said double box... did you mean the yellow box inside of another box, inside of the shipping box?

My yellow box is pretty messed up. It was just in the white shipping box. David agreed to double box, and I wonder how he defines that.

Thanks... pictures coming soon.
Yeah, my yellow box was shipped inside of the white box that was covered in tape.

I had also asked for a yellow box with no rips or tears. That alone was a few emails and I even sent pictures showing the tear on the lid that most boxes seem to have.

Sent from my CPH1701 using Tapatalk

Here's my box. David asked me to send him a video:

https://vimeo.com/250383354
I wish David would understand that we don't care paying an extra 10 bucks to get a DECENT AND PROPER packing to protect perfectly the box to avoid these disapointments.

I got lucky to be some on the first owners of V3s so when i reported faulty electronics, i got another pair that's sleeping in the box and i'm wearing my daily pair with completly broken electronics. I remember seeing factory pictures of the shoes how they were made and there's no way they do any proper quality check, his yeezies are maybe treated differently since he sales a lot more pairs.

We sent him already how to fix the fact that EL panels are breaking in the soles, and sent better quality electronics link but i suppose he doesn't handle the factory making V3s and he's simply a reseller.

Our only chance to fix all these mistakes as i said last year is to have a contact in china that can get in touch with the factory.

So I was going to do an unboxing video, but my kids were so excited to see the shoes that had been delivered yesterday morning, I decided to just open them. Of course I was excited too.

I was pretty disappointed with the box that was pretty ratty and torn apart. I also was not thrilled at the condition of the metal license plate (it was all scuffed and scratched) or the poster which also seemed to have seen better days.

The shoes however, were spectacular. they looked as good as I'd hoped.

Here are some pictures of them, along with my current BTTF stuff. I have an Almanac on the way.
View attachment 786210View attachment 786211View attachment 786212View attachment 786213View attachment 786214

So excited to finally own these babies!

Love it! Excited for you.

I got my box today... now just have to wait for the shoes .

My box isn't as bad as yours. It's not great either.

Let me know how you get on.

Here’s the problem I was talking about. David asked me to film how I plug them in.

I’m gentler than it looks in the video. Holding the phone and shoes and the movement of the camera makes it look a bit more harsh.

At 7:30 you will see the left shoe turns off. This happens on and off the charger:

https://vimeo.com/250406696

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if we can request for the yellow box and no poster, license plate, and DVD and get a discount. If I had the money I would get some V4s and convert the yellow box to a black Footwear box.

Here’s the problem I was talking about. David asked me to film how I plug them in.

I’m gentler than it looks in the video. Holding the phone and shoes and the movement of the camera makes it look a bit more harsh.

At 7:30 you will see the left shoe turns off. This happens on and off the charger:

https://vimeo.com/250406696

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did you try to press with your fist in the shoes on the heel spot (where the wires are located) so you'll know if it's the charging port that has trouble or the wires.

I'm not familiar with this procedure. What do I need to do?
That's what you need to do but press gently first and see if the lights turn off.

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
This is where your wires are connected to the battery and different ports, and where you have to press "gently" first.

20180110_161556.jpg

rubberpoultry drain the battery in both shoes. Keep the lights on until both shoes are dead (where you can not turn them on at all, not even for 1 second). Then plug them in. Leave them for 30-45 minutes and turn them back on. They should turn on if the charge ports are good.

Last edited by a moderator:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back