Anovos Kylo Ren Helmet!!!

Should I have said metallic fillery or detail? Not sure what else I could possibly mean by what I said given the context.

no, thought maybe you meant the paintwork looked thicker.

the actual thickness looks the same as the prop and prototype to me. but I agree from certain angles it looks thicker, but it could just be the lighting.

I think the lighting has a lot to do with how it looks in the Wondercon photos.

and you know this based off computer screen shots??? unlike anovos where they had access to the original prop.

If you say so man as long as you are happy with yours and im happy with mine.

I love the fall back of "you've only seen pictures", as if some of the most accurate props aren't made from just that. Many of which are from members on here. Maybe step out of the Ren section and see what people are capable of? In the same vein, just because someone has something in their hands, doesn't mean they can replicate it accurately. No matter how much time and money they have. It comes down to desire and ability.

Also it's a cast of a prop made by looking at another prop, screen used or not (possibly just images of said prop as well...). The prototype looks good, not as good as the Disney celebration version but really good. This one looks like someone bought the prototype and did an acceptable cast of it and marketed it as their own. It looks like they beefed up areas for strength. Lighting and angles has nothing to do with it. It's clear and obvious. Some areas that should be wafer thin are thick and other areas that should be flat to concave are bulbous. If you or anyone else can't see that, idk what to say.

I hope whatever version you receive look more like the prototype. This one looks more like a knock-off of it.

Last edited:
To each their own. Yes you are correct some of the most amazing and accurate props have been made here be members and I am not saying someone here can not make one better as I am sure they can I am simply saying how is your more accurate? but then again that is a argument that neither can win since neither of us have actually seen the real one in person.

And plus there is always the fact that that the wondercon helmet is not final product.

*Kylo Ren Premier Helmet Accessory: [/B]Pre-order window closed.Final pre-production sample approval in progress. Current estimated delivery: Q2 2016

Thus its still in progress of approval and can always be denied and sent back for alterations.

EDIT: I now see what you are talking about after going back and seeing the prototype photo. hmmm different indeed.

I love the fall back of "you've only seen pictures", as if some of the most accurate props aren't made from just that. Many of which are from members on here. Maybe step out of the Ren section and see what people are capable of?

Also it's a cast of a prop made by looking at another prop, screen used or not (possibly just images of said prop as well...). The prototype looks good, not as good as the Disney celebration version but really good. This one looks like someone bought the prototype and did an acceptable cast of it and marketed it as their own. It looks like they beefed up areas for strength. Lighting and angles has nothing to do with it. It's clear and obvious. Some areas that should be wafer thin are thick and other areas that should be flat to concave are bulbous. If you or anyone else can't see that, idk what to say.

I hope whatever version you receive look more like the prototype. This one looks more like a knock-off of it.

Last edited:
To each their own. Yes you are correct some of the most amazing and accurate props have been made here be members and I am not saying someone here can not make one better as I am sure they can I am simply saying how is your more accurate? but then again that is a argument that neither can win since neither of us have actually seen the real one in person.

And plus there is always the fact that no one said that the wondercon helmet was the final product. If you check the anovos update page

*Kylo Ren Premier Helmet Accessory: [/B]Pre-order window closed.Final pre-production sample approval in progress. Current estimated delivery: Q2 2016

Thus its still in progress of approval and can always be denied and sent back for alterations.

The entire point of my post was THIS helmet. Try reading my posts again as well. I never said mine was more accurate; it's not even done. I just said it will most likely be more accurate than this one and I base that on things you'd just dismiss anyway, things I already mentioned.

Idk is buyers remorse making people's eyes go red anytime someone doesn't gush over any Anovos pics? Since when is criticism always biased commentary or blind hate?

Left Anovos,middle Black Series,right Original....Anovos is really very thin...what I said in another post.Great details..but looks very thin and small in my eyes.

25050611dr.jpg

Something tells me you had no intentions on buying the helmet and only came here to critique it cause you think your homemade is better. I love an Egomaniac :D

That can be...but people who are buying everthing blind because they said thats something came from original digital patterns(not direct silikonmolds)are also stupid in my eyes.This is not a 100$ helmet...they want a lot of money for this helmet so it should have the exact size and shape like the original screenused helmet.

That can be...but people who are buying everthing blind because they said thats something came from original digital patterns(not direct silikonmolds)are also stupid in my eyes.This is not a 100$ helmet...they want a lot of money for this helmet so it should have the exact size and shape like the original screenused helmet.

I think it looks very accurate. to me it's both accuracy, quality and legitimacy. I'd always buy a good official product over an amazing fan made.

I still dislike the texture on the Anovos helmet which is too matte, but maybe the final product will look different or its the lighting in the movie (Kylo Rens arms look glossy in some scenes for instance, like a black version of the Anovos prototype).

Comparison shots:
kylo_comparisonz2qcs.png

Last edited:
I still dislike the texture on the Anovos helmet which is too matte, but maybe the final product will look different or its the lighting in the movie (Kylo Rens arms look glossy in some scenes for instance, like a black version of the Anovos prototype).

Comparison shots:
View attachment 609892

it definitely looks more glossy in the movie.

But we don't know how many versions they made. There could have been one for indoor and one for outdoor, both with different finishes?

suppose we just have to trust Anovos.

I was lucky enough to own an original Michael Myers mask from Halloween and although all the fine details matched up, the colour and finish looked completely different in person.

It's so hard to say something looks like this "in the film" and doesn't look like that in person. The cameras capture things differently when things are being filmed. The lighting is usually manufactured, and the way they shoot the scene can make such a huge difference as to how the props appear. Sometimes things that are glossy appear flat, and sometimes flat things appear glossy. It depends so heavily on how it's filmed that until you see the movie prop in person, in natural lighting, you might as well take Anovos' word for it. And like others have said, there isn't just 1 prop they used during the film, so you've probably seen 3 or 4 different helmets.

It's so hard to say something looks like this "in the film" and doesn't look like that in person. The cameras capture things differently when things are being filmed. The lighting is usually manufactured, and the way they shoot the scene can make such a huge difference as to how the props appear. Sometimes things that are glossy appear flat, and sometimes flat things appear glossy. It depends so heavily on how it's filmed that until you see the movie prop in person, in natural lighting, you might as well take Anovos' word for it. And like others have said, there isn't just 1 prop they used during the film, so you've probably seen 3 or 4 different helmets.

at the end of the day, the cgi mask they used had a complety different face plate.... and if the makers of the movie didn't care about continuity... why should we?

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back