Bob the Alien (Giger inspired Alien)

Sorry dude, my PS skills are completely non existent, but I did want to get an idea of how this awesome build would look finished. :thumbsup

5a782e5c.jpg

Love your sculpt, and I hope my paint-by-numbers attempt at coloring it doesn't freak you out too much.:lol

Looks awesome btw...can't wait to see it finished and painted.

David

Looking even more amazing now! Love the fact you're thinking about some functionality for those awesome wee jaws! XD

Only problem I can think of, is how you're going to have a finished bust ready for Santa for delivery to my house on the 25th? XD

Firstly Many many thanks for all the supportive comments, Your all fantastic :)
Sorry dude, my PS skills are completely non existent, but I did want to get an idea of how this awesome build would look finished. :thumbsup

Love your sculpt, and I hope my paint-by-numbers attempt at coloring it doesn't freak you out too much.:lol

Looks awesome btw...can't wait to see it finished and painted.

David

Its a good one David thanks, You've encouraged me to have a play....See below

Awesome work Leigh !!!

Here are some never before seen (at least by me) photos of the Alien, courtesy of ChrisG from the MPF :

Propsummit.com a Blade Runner Prop Community Forum BladeRunnerProps.comView topic - ALIEN Fan Film by Dennis Lowe

(I posted them on propsummit where I already had posted other photos from Mike Sibthorp)

Hope it'll help ! (even if I must admit it's maybe a little too late to help, too bad I didn't discover these sooner)

Fred

Thank you Fred, those will be very usefull ref's & at this stage its not too late to change a few minor things :)

David's post has encouraged me to test out a lip/tendon & couling mock up. I needed to do this at some stage to check that everything will still look right before I start the moulding process & I wanted you guy's to have an idea of what I'm aiming for.
240.jpg

241.jpg

& with the front part of the couling
236.jpg

238.jpg

237.jpg

This is just a mock up so its all comming off again & will be made with a little more attention to detail in the end.

Last edited:
Leigh, the upper lip tubing actually comes off of the same tube that goes under the bulges on the side of the face. That was the wire that controlled the upper lip on the original Rambaldi mechanism. :)

Leigh, the upper lip tubing actually comes off of the same tube that goes under the bulges on the side of the face. That was the wire that controlled the upper lip on the original Rambaldi mechanism. :)

I was using these as a guide:
alien 36.jpg

alien 80.jpg

The Rambaldi head is different to the others. I'm attempting to have a combo of the two so I've added the extra tendons on the chin from the Rambaldi one. It is just a mock up atm, its going to get ripped off in a little while. The lips are too fat & all the tendons need to be properly sculpted.

Its just to see how it all looks together, at this stage if I need to alter the jaw etc then I can. If I'd waited untill its cast in resin it would be a pain if I need to change anything.

Last edited:
Thanks guys :)

Need some help, I'm trying to find reference to this area:

225+.jpg

I cant find a clear image anywhere, Anybody got a pic??
:)

Attachments

• 225+1.jpg
    225+1.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
I'm outta town so I can't look at my casting, but I don't remember anything special about that area.

Yeah, it's about right how you've got it. The figure I have on my desk here is just like yours, just rounded off with the loop of tubing. I think the real one had some seams and patches back there, but it was built like that under the assumption that you'd never see it on-screen. I can try to get a picture, but it's just a 6" figure.

Thanks guys :)

My best guess so far is something like this:
225+1.jpg

The two red lines being resessed straight lines, the yellow area resessed aswell but without definition & the blue being how the two pipes that run over the top of the head terminate.

Thats the best I can fathom from the ref's but non of it is clear :confused

Last edited:
Does not the twin corrugated tubing taper upwards into the head leaving the area in question with nothing more than an undefined pit?

Here is what I found in my digital archives !!! (I knew I had them somewhere...)

:)

Fred

attachment.php

Thanks Fred :) theres a couple of very usefull pic's there :thumbsup

Does not the twin corrugated tubing taper upwards into the head leaving the area in question with nothing more than an undefined pit?

I'm pretty sure theres something there. Theres a mark in that area on Sano's statue but it could just be a casting line :confused its not easy to make out.
So I'm looking for a shot of that area from the original ideally.
But any reference would be good :)

Forget what I said earlier, I was looking at the Alien with the cowl on, which is smooth in that area, I forgot you didn't do that yet.. hehe.

From what I can see, it looks like it actually joins with the tubes running under the head toward the neck. It looks like they they run under the tube that goes up the sides.

Forget what I said earlier, I was looking at the Alien with the cowl on, which is smooth in that area, I forgot you didn't do that yet.. hehe.

From what I can see, it looks like it actually joins with the tubes running under the head toward the neck. It looks like they they run under the tube that goes up the sides.

Hmm its a tricky one for sure :confused Thanks for the pic :) its definitly usefull but add's even more mystery to this particular area??

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back