Altered Carbon Props

This show really got me. Curious when people will be selling kits of the guns, especially that Modded Rhino and Over-Under railgun pistol. The guards were awesome, another hit for Ironhead.

I like that railgun, and I've grabbed & retouched a few screencaps.

It looks to be pretty close to the concept art.

Attachments

• 020A.jpg
    020A.jpg
    465.5 KB · Views: 262
  • 062A.jpg
    062A.jpg
    664.2 KB · Views: 201
  • 707A.jpg
    707A.jpg
    325.7 KB · Views: 216
  • 898A.jpg
    898A.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 224
It's interesting to me that WETA is involved in that Shock Trooper Railgun design.

The sight on that thing initially made me wonder if it wasn't the same or recycled from the scope on The Elysium Chemrail. I'm building one of those, and I absolutely love the scope design.

It's interesting to me that WETA is involved in that Shock Trooper Railgun design.

The sight on that thing initially made me wonder if it wasn't the same or recycled from the scope on The Elysium Chemrail. I'm building one of those, and I absolutely love the scope design.

Yeah... WETA worked on a lot of weapons that were non firing. I was tasked with some of the non firing as well but also the live fire guns. Basically creating futuristic shells to mount over the guns. Most of my live fire guns were earlier in the time line. Then most of the non fires from both Weta and myself were later in the time line. Like my shock trooper (AK) was the early version of Weta’s shock trooper (rail type). At least that’s how it was initially planned out.

any chance of getting solidworks compatible files for that? or iges files? Would love to mod it to be able to take an airsoft gearbox or aep gearbox inside for airsoft.

Here you go https://www.dropbox.com/s/38eae3hf5ryx8x7/Kovacs Pistol.zip?dl=0
I left it in parts so you had more flexibility, I couldn't add the lines on the ammo clip though sadly.
Hey guys,

Anyone preordered this? Looks perfect, looks like they are attempting to make it screen accurate.

https://hellounicorn-backpack.com/p...potern&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=71275

Trying to see if it's actually legit, or a scam.. haha

Scotty
Oo interesting, it says paypal payment so might not be too much of a risk.

I like that railgun, and I've grabbed & retouched a few screencaps.

It looks to be pretty close to the concept art.
I noticed that too, probably going to make that next as I think I have enough ref now.

Hey guys,

Anyone preordered this? Looks perfect, looks like they are attempting to make it screen accurate.

https://hellounicorn-backpack.com/p...potern&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=71275

Trying to see if it's actually legit, or a scam.. haha

Scotty

EDIT: i've checked their website again, they've updated it, and they seem to go for the padding and accuracy.

I'll still see if i can get mine done faster, but have placed a preorder with them because i'm curious.

Last edited:
I wonder if this will get a second season and how it would go. Follow the book, complete re-cast? Direct continuation? I guess it could go anywhere. Cool props and costumes all around.

I wonder if this will get a second season and how it would go. Follow the book, complete re-cast? Direct continuation? I guess it could go anywhere. Cool props and costumes all around.
AFAIK the main actor is gone, and it's unsure if they'll make a second season. Also Netflix screwed over Altered Carbon with releasing cloverfield paradox just when AC started to get popular...

but i sure hope they'll make more, i love the world its set in and how you can't really know who's is in who's sleeve...

Yeah, the future seems limitless. The ever changing cast could throw off some people but it was interesting enough to keep me interested in a second season.

This is probably better addressed in the main Altered Carbon discussion thread in the Entertainment forum, but from what I gather the 2nd book takes a rather different direction and the involvement of the actors from season 1 may not be relevant if they follow the 2nd book.

Will do on the pics. On shapeways you can order a variety of materials, since this piece is so small the grey steel version (which looks like the finished piece) cost 45 bucks, not too bad.

Hey, SilverSkyes402

This is completely off-topic but I read your article on the Junior Gaultier’s Jean Reno’s character wears in Léon: The Professional.

I found the article very well-written and greatly informative.

Your article has helped me with something and I’d like to thank you in an Instagram post. The thing is, I’d like you to be able to see it.

Do you have an Instagram account I can mention or would you prefer that I state the username that you go by here?

Thanks for your time,
Justin

so pretty much have my server going through every episode of altered carbon and screen grabbing every second frame, samples attached, resolution is 3480 x 1920, going to separate them out into folders based on prop in view. Is there anything specific people would like good high res images of where possible?

Altered Carbon S01E01 2160p HDR Netflix WEBRip DD+ Atmos 5.1 x265-TrollUHD 02902.jpgAltered Carbon S01E01 2160p HDR Netflix WEBRip DD+ Atmos 5.1 x265-TrollUHD 03086.jpgAltered Carbon S01E01 2160p HDR Netflix WEBRip DD+ Atmos 5.1 x265-TrollUHD 02896.jpgAltered Carbon S01E01 2160p HDR Netflix WEBRip DD+ Atmos 5.1 x265-TrollUHD 26281.jpgAltered Carbon S01E01 2160p HDR Netflix WEBRip DD+ Atmos 5.1 x265-TrollUHD 26431.jpg

I thought I recognized the good old zoraki 925 in that scene! Perfect choice for a cyberpunk pistol.

Almost Human for example.

Which we know Kenney did up custom for that show too.

This does not address the double zipper, but it might be a lead.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01F3TYLUM/ref=s9_acsd_hps_bw_c_x_8_w?th=1

I ordered the wrong backpack...

my current guess: The backpack is two backpacks combined, or another kind of backpack i haven't found yet. The one on ebay/ali has the right dimensions and pockets and zipper, but the back-padding is different (has none). I'd say its two backpacks combined, the one we've already found plus the back-part of another similarly sized one. This would explain the second zipper...
View attachment 794592View attachment 794591

i've been wrong about the side pockets too, they're not made from a single layer of mesh stuff but that double layer stuff View attachment 794593

now i guess a second backpack is needed, one that has the right straps and back...
If anyone else has any leads to what that second backpack might be, i'd be really glad!

so pretty much have my server going through every episode of altered carbon and screen grabbing every second frame, samples attached, resolution is 3480 x 1920, going to separate them out into folders based on prop in view. Is there anything specific people would like good high res images of where possible?

View attachment 795550View attachment 795552View attachment 795553View attachment 795555View attachment 795556

I could use all the screen captures possible on the rifle. I find scratch building form screen caps tough. you guys make It look easy when rendering It In 3D. I have to take a more outdated rout..lol (y)thumbsup:thumbsup

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back