STAR WARS Rebels new animated series!

There's been speculation that it is, but there are enough differences (eyes and tattoo pattern) that keep it ambiguous for now.

Yeah it doesn't exactly look like Barriss but it's not that dissimilar either. But from of the sites I have see, it doesn't seem to be her. Would have been cool to bring her back like that though.

I don't really think it is either. I think they would've saved that for a big reveal rather than just unmasking her in a magazine spread and not making a big deal of it.

Fantasy Flight is releasing Rebels themed expansions for their X-Wing Minatures Game.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2015/7/31/xwing-out-of-hiding/
and
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2015/7/31/lying-in-wait/

swx39_spread.png

swx40_spread.png

swx35_layout.png

From the base, it looks about the size of the Falcon.

Just because a Star Wars product comes out, it does not make the subject of that product part of the canon universe.

Last edited:
I thought that was the point of the whole Story Group declaration -- that, going forward, everything published/released would be canon, as it had to have gone through them to be approved.

--Jonah

I thought that was the point of the whole Story Group declaration -- that, going forward, everything published/released would be canon, as it had to have gone through them to be approved.

--Jonah

No, it's more like the point is that any canon info created/released falls into the new EU and does not create current or potential EU story conflicts. X-Wing Minatures is just a game, no story involved. Not that every piece of merchandise released becomes canon.

For example, KOTOR is no longer canon (as clarified during celebration) but more software is coming out and Darth Revan 6" figure won the fan poll and will now be released soon by Hasbro. There is also new Star Wars Lego shows called Droid Tales which are also not canon.

I'm not into any of the miniatures games out there right now but I might just have to buy the Ghost and that Imperial Assault Carrier sets, those look really cool. What's nice about the X-Wing game is that for mass produced minis the paint jobs are pretty decent and unlike Star Trek, they're actually roughly to scale instead of being all over the board with some ships like TOS Enterprise being tiny and dwarfed by much smaller ships like the Defiant.

the fact that Filoni is wanting to use concept art from McQuarrie and the color palette he chose will give it a great authentic look. Filoni was already doing this in CW using many of Joe Johnston's concept art ("Ben" Kenobi's early concept Mandalorian suit is one example) and I always loved picking out little things that only die hard SW fans would understand... this show is going to be really fun!

I just started watching clone wars about a month ago on Netflix. last night I watched all 4 episodes with the concept boba armor I loved that little tidbit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

just saw a spoiler on Facebook... looks like we will be seeing a firmilair face in rebels!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not into any of the miniatures games out there right now but I might just have to buy the Ghost and that Imperial Assault Carrier sets, those look really cool. What's nice about the X-Wing game is that for mass produced minis the paint jobs are pretty decent and unlike Star Trek, they're actually roughly to scale instead of being all over the board with some ships like TOS Enterprise being tiny and dwarfed by much smaller ships like the Defiant.

I play the game with my son but we play a lot of basic rules because we are still slow picking up all the details. I basically got the game for the miniatures. I was able to pick up some expansions cheap a few years back on amazon, and then picked up a second core set on clearance at Target. I have the Falcon and Slave 1 one display in my Star Wars room as well as the Tontine IV which is amazing.

Prior to the games release, there was a story about the games creations and how much thought and work went into determining what scale to use and to ensure consistency between the models.

I play the game with my son but we play a lot of basic rules because we are still slow picking up all the details. I basically got the game for the miniatures. I was able to pick up some expansions cheap a few years back on amazon, and then picked up a second core set on clearance at Target. I have the Falcon and Slave 1 one display in my Star Wars room as well as the Tontine IV which is amazing.

Prior to the games release, there was a story about the games creations and how much thought and work went into determining what scale to use and to ensure consistency between the models.

I've played it once or twice and it was pretty fun. I like the fact that they kept everything in the same scale and didn't go cheap with the paint jobs, it's also nice that their model for ships and fighters isn't reliant on having an actual character appear on screen to have it in the game, things that the Trek equivalent don't do. The Trek miniatures game has no set scale so all the ships are all over the place in terms of scale, the models are often not painted very well and (apparently) they use nothing but recycled molds from previous miniatures games, and the way characters work in the game you won't ever see certain ships because they never showed any of the crew in any episodes so there are no character cards they can include with the ship.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back