Top Gun: Maverick

The Iron Eagle soundtrack alone is one of the best of all time. The film wouldn't be anywhere near as good without it.

Last edited:
So Iron Eagle and Top Gun had me and probably every young boy wanting to be an aviator as a 80's kid, both great movies for the time. Love the cockpit sequences in both movies.

This was epic back in the day!

Maj. Dwight Smiley: We were about to contact the aggressor and verify his intentions. Attention unidentified aircraft, this is Major Dwight Smiley of the United States Air Force, you are following one of our F-16s in international airspace, do you wish to engage?
[both MiGs break off]
Maj. Dwight Smiley: I didn't think so.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has Miles Teller done anything interesting to warrant this?

Just doing a Google image search, he looks like somebody you've seen a dozen times and you still don't remember him.

He might look healthy but a few months ago I saw a video of him with his kids and he his voice was really rough.

Sent from my Hewlett Packard 48G using Tapatalk

The latest video I saw from about a month ago, it was a little rough but he said that it wasnt part of the initial illness and is getting better.

If Val's voice is still a problem, they'll have the option of looping his dialogues with an actor with a similar voice;)

If Val's voice is still a problem, they'll have the option of looping his dialogues with an actor with a similar voice

The movie opens with the obligatory shirtless volleyball game. Iceman accidentally gets hit in the throat with the ball or something and he ends up sounding scratchy for a while. Problem solved.

Last edited by a moderator:
So seeing the livery on his plane, I'm assuming he would be the CAG? I thought they were the only ones flying anything with hivis markings.

I thought that he was an IP, possibly CO of Top Gun itslef, which still doesn't explain the high vis livery. But it does have the 00 that signifies all of the CAG's bird so maybe he does get deployed later on in the movie as a CAG.

well what didn’t suck in that movie? And why are you commenting in this thread? You must have some interest.

I have a morbid fascination with what I believe will be a train wreck wrapped up in a dumpster fire. Aside from that, I thought the Entertainment and Movie subforum, especially concerning yet to be released movies, was purely opinion based, but I must have been mistaken. Carry on.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back