Iron Man Helmet sizing

MadMonkey

So I decided a while ago to embark on a Iron Man MK45 suit build and to be fair it has not been going to well :rolleyes The biggest issue is sizing. I've tried the makehuman method and the odd bits I've practised on have come out fairly well, but I'm struggling with the helmet, there doesn't seem to be many parameters to change for the head in makehuman. I've printed it now so it just scraps my ears as I put it on, but inside there is buckets of space. In fact if I rest the helmet on top of my head I cant see out the eyes lol. I know there isn't going to be a uniform size but how on earth have you all got such a good size? I don't want to look like a bobble head iron man, but I don't fancy cutting my ears off either :lol How do you deal with the join lines on parts that need to move but don't mate together that well? I've got a slight gap on the faceplate to the helmet along the chin.

Thanks

RIMG1339 (Custom).JPG

RIMG1338 (Custom).JPG

Is the main helmet all one piece with a removeable face plate? If so, then that is your problem. Most helmets use a three part design that adds a section that detaches the rear of the skull. This allows for your head to get inside and then closes up tightly around your neck and lower rear head. That way it will fit tight to your head but you can easily get it on and off.

If need be you can us a mod program to separate the shells to take the helmet apart to make a "back door". Then just scale down to fit!

Is the main helmet all one piece with a removeable face plate? If so, then that is your problem. Most helmets use a three part design that adds a section that detaches the rear of the skull. This allows for your head to get inside and then closes up tightly around your neck and lower rear head. That way it will fit tight to your head but you can easily get it on and off.

If need be you can us a mod program to separate the shells to take the helmet apart to make a "back door". Then just scale down to fit!
Ah ok that would make sense. The helmet is two pieces; the chin piece and then the remaining helmet. Then a separate faceplate. Not sure how to split the main helmet, but I'm. Wondering now if I can get it on without the chin piece as that's how it's designed. I'm using maxccrafts files from Etsy, I have the June 18' revised versions.

Thanks for the reply I have something I can try now. Back to the printer...

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back