Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (Pre-release)

There is no doubt Luke is a powerful Jedi but the idea was to give the fans the one thing we've all wanted and waited for... Luke igniting his light saber one last time and seeing an epic light saber fight. :)

Exactly this. Sadly, that ship has sailed. Flashbacks and retcons can't save this trilogy. I'm out!

Gang,

I have no intention of seeing EP 9 and I'm as die hard as the rest of you. With that being said, what if they bring Luke back to life through a flash back scene where we see him flight Kylo and the Knights of Wren? And he kicks BUTT! We see how truly powerful Luke has become but it is that very power that ultimately defeats Luke himself? Maybe it was Luke who accidentally kills some of his students trying to, in fact, save them. He defeats Kylo and his Knights but refuses to kill Kylo allowing him to escape but the guilt he feels of having been responsible for killing his students leads him to self exile...

Would this change your / my opinion?

Interesting.
How about when Luke died he truly becomes one with the force and awakens in some kind of Jedi Lazerus pit, whole. No robot hand, that just got obliterated in the connection to the force hence why it didn't fall. There are some interesting retcon opportunities.

I still won't go and see it though, the trailer for 8 gave me no indication of the turkey that followed. Any trailers they put out now will be eyed with extreme suspicion, it will take immediate and massive fan approval after release to get me into a theatre for SW again.

Really, what props were cgi'ed?

The best ones.. lukes milk bottle changes, the creepy uncle lightsaber changes from scene to scene and if you watch it you can actually see if flicker

And the broke graflex at the end when Rey is talking to Leia, has clamp parts just floating in space beside it... terrible...

They made a particular effects snoke arm that touches Rey’s face, they ended up CGIing over that.. the practical effect looked better

And phasma’s helmet had a massive crack in it exposing her mouth and chin, they decided to cover it all up except her eye

I’m sure there is more but these are the only ones that come to my mind right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly this. Sadly, that ship has sailed. Flashbacks and retcons can't save this trilogy. I'm out!

Months ago I thought that Abrams would just treat TLJ as a bad dream and right the ship but since theres been many indications, especially his recent tweet being "Grateful to Rian" that tells me it wont be the case. It`s really extraordinary how far these Hollywood insiders will go to protect one of their own.

The best ones.. lukes milk bottle changes, the creepy uncle lightsaber changes from scene to scene and if you watch it you can actually see if flicker

And the broke graflex at the end when Rey is talking to Leia, has clamp parts just floating in space beside it... terrible...

They made a particular effects snoke arm that touches Rey’s face, they ended up CGIing over that.. the practical effect looked better

And phasma’s helmet had a massive crack in it exposing her mouth and chin, they decided to cover it all up except her eye

I’m sure there is more but these are the only ones that come to my mind right now

I wish they would have used cgi on reys staff in TLJ. On some of the shots of her staff you can blatantly see the 3D printer crap left on. You would have thought they would have tried to clean it up a bit.

Months ago I thought that Abrams would just treat TLJ as a bad dream and right the ship but since theres been many indications, especially his recent tweet being "Grateful to Rian" that tells me it wont be the case. It`s really extraordinary how far these Hollywood insiders will go to protect one of their own.

He may also be just being neutral about things. JJ is smart enough to know not to throw poo toward LFL. He probably has a great deal of opinions on what all he thinks is wrong, but like heck is he going to go public and cause a stir. Best to just keep on trucking and not make any permanently etched in eternity internet remarks that can come back to bite him later.

For all we know he could be grateful for Rian in making it easy for him to make a better film than TLJ. Or maybe thanking him sarcastically for what he did. Who knows... HAHA!

I can't believe I'm actively fishing for details about the new movie. I never want to know anything before a new Star Wars film, but the taste is sour with this one and am being snoopy to see if it's remotely interesting how they plan to wrap this pre-wrapped trilogy up...

I can't believe I'm actively fishing for details about the new movie. I never want to know anything before a new Star Wars film, but the taste is sour with this one and am being snoopy to see if it's remotely interesting how they plan to wrap this pre-wrapped trilogy up...

I whole heartedly agree, I actually threatened a friend with physical violence upon his person because he was reading all the chat and spoilers about TLJ before it came out and wanted to tell me everything. But for this next one i'll find out what I can to try and find a little something to hold onto in an effort reignite my passion for the new movies.

I we'll just have to....... HOPE.

Oh and for the record.... The best part of TLJ was having yoda back as a puppet and not CGI.

He may also be just being neutral about things. JJ is smart enough to know not to throw poo toward LFL. He probably has a great deal of opinions on what all he thinks is wrong, but like heck is he going to go public and cause a stir. Best to just keep on trucking and not make any permanently etched in eternity internet remarks that can come back to bite him later.

For all we know he could be grateful for Rian in making it easy for him to make a better film than TLJ. Or maybe thanking him sarcastically for what he did. Who knows... HAHA!

I know Abrams would never bite the hand that feeds him, nor would I expect him to but the last thing he needed to do was to praise Thanos either but you may be right, there may be something else in it, never thought of it that way, as you say who knows.

Well, we will see if JJ makes the Rey in the Cave scene and the subsequent Luke scene "This is not going to go the way you think" a breaking point, where everything afterwards is a vision to Rey and she "pops" back into the moment, and is still on the island with Skywalker. While I know this won't happen, it would be a way for JJ to accept what Rian did and what happened in TLJ, but then retcon everything after that point as merely a Force Vision of what could happen, one possible outcome..

Rian made the film that HE WANTED. It's obvious. Yes, I agree with much of RLM / Plinket's recent TLJ film criticism, but I am still optimistic about Episode 9. hey, I was there in the theater 1977, so it's too later to give up now :)

Well, we will see if JJ makes the Rey in the Cave scene and the subsequent Luke scene "This is not going to go the way you think" a breaking point, where everything afterwards is a vision to Rey and she "pops" back into the moment, and is still on the island with Skywalker. While I know this won't happen, it would be a way for JJ to accept what Rian did and what happened in TLJ, but then retcon everything after that point as merely a Force Vision of what could happen, one possible outcome..

Rian made the film that HE WANTED. It's obvious. Yes, I agree with much of RLM / Plinket's recent TLJ film criticism, but I am still optimistic about Episode 9. hey, I was there in the theater 1977, so it's too later to give up now :)

It seems like the approach Abrams is taking is to throw everything at this and make it in to an all star spectacular that aims to completely distract the audience from the misery of TLJ rather than try to address/retcon all its failures. The more time passes, the more uneasy the use of Carrie Fisher is sitting with me and I think that will become an issue with many people as release time approaches. The main question that will hang in the air after this ST is over and done with will be,why didnt they just give Abrams the whole trilogy?

Guys I’ve been out of the loop for a few months

Catching up on stuff now

Had Pablo ever mentioned anything about TLJ? And how he feels?

I love JJ, but he’s nothing more then a huge yes man to Disney and Lucas film as well

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, I’m not really into it anymore

Even BB8. I was totally gassed when I saw him for the first time, and now that he has robbed all of r2’s shine heh..

I just catches believe I went into the theater so excited about Star Wars again, to come out “heh...”

I’ve gone a total 180, I just wish I was back high on life about it...

Guys I’ve been out of the loop for a few months

Catching up on stuff now

Had Pablo ever mentioned anything about TLJ? And how he feels?

I love JJ, but he’s nothing more then a huge yes man to Disney and Lucas film as well

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, I’m not really into it anymore

Even BB8. I was totally gassed when I saw him for the first time, and now that he has robbed all of r2’s shine heh..

I just catches believe I went into the theater so excited about Star Wars again, to come out “heh...”

I’ve gone a total 180, I just wish I was back high on life about it...

We may need to wait another 20 years for someone to try another trilogy to get excited about it again. Perhaps CGI will be good enough we could have a trilogy squeazed in between ROTJ and TFA with the original characters. There is a lot they could tell and keep it ACTUAL STAR WARS.

Just had a thought about Rey's vision inside the cave in TLJ,.....could the line of many Rey's be a message that she is a clone,.....or her parents could have had a clone history

J

I’m going to see e9 as every die hard fan should. See what you leave with. I never expected to see r1 so many times but holy moly there is some really great stuff there. Perhaps we should all rethink boycotting and just enjoy whatever happens.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back