Solo:ASWS DL-44 Discussion

Similar most definitely. Are they the same no. All 3 seem to be different in details from each other.
I have only dealt with ANH Todd kits and have only visual references of the differences from ANH to TFA flash hiders and bull barrels. I was wondering if the new Solo and TFA flash hiders had the same small holes and cone dimensions.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Here's another picture of the pre-breakdown rifle, slung on Beckett's back. We've got a good look at the area where the pistol mates with the rifle extension. I get the feeling that those two circles are some type of clasp or attachment mechanism.
solo-db-dg-29-blaster-main-image_f4e604c0.jpeg

This can be compared with the other published images:
27000500787_43294875eb_o.jpg

27999962988_7f88005af4_o.jpg

And the pre-production image:
d0c5943f1d7b2ee9554cffbdfefc8aa8.jpg

Last edited:
Concerning the screen caps... To me it looks like the left side of the rifle is using knurled knobs and a bracket similar to what holds the scope. It also appears that the knob closest to the grip is covering the mystery disk suggesting that it may thread into it. I'm not sure if the forearm of the rifle is attached to the elongated barrel section or if they're separate pieces. It would makes sense that the prop team wanted to use thumb knobs to easily break down the blaster since there was a scene dedicated to it. However its hard to tell given the limited number of screen caps available for now.

The mystery disc isn't a disc, it's the absence of paint. This knob that's part of the extension connector is in that location to account for that.

I was talking about the ANH. Of course, yes, the Solo has a disc. But it isn't a mystery, it's plainly part of the connection system for the extended rifle version.

I was able to pick up an HFC M712 and a short magazine for either an EP7 version or an EP7/Solo hybrid. I’ve been reading the EP7 thread and this thread as they’ve been posted but I was hoping to ask a few questions so I won’t have to find the answer reading a few hundred posts.

I looked on YouTube for a video on how to take apart the HFC M712 but I didn’t find anything. Does anyone know a site or video that shows how to disassemble or do I start with the screw on the right side and it comes apart from there ?

To me the EP7 and Solo blaster looks more painted then blued. Is it painted ?

My HFC is all metal, I know it’s probably a zinc alloy- will that take gun blue or aluminum black ?

I looked on YouTube for a video on how to take apart the HFC M712 but I didn’t find anything. Does anyone know a site or video that shows how to disassemble or do I start with the screw on the right side and it comes apart from there ?

Ya if u have the time look through my build thread on the HFC m712.

Disassembly starts around post #8..

THE FORCE AWAKENS blaster build (HFC m712)

I was able to pick up an HFC M712 and a short magazine for either an EP7 version or an EP7/Solo hybrid. I’ve been reading the EP7 thread and this thread as they’ve been posted but I was hoping to ask a few questions so I won’t have to find the answer reading a few hundred posts.

To me the EP7 and Solo blaster looks more painted then blued. Is it painted ?

My HFC is all metal, I know it’s probably a zinc alloy- will that take gun blue or aluminum black ?

The pistol IS painted, and AL metal. I used a dremmel and I believe I used a brass wire disk to strip the paint.
It was NOT fast going. Be sure to strip the paint from everywhere that has exposed surfaces.
Anything the bull barrel/muzzle brake covers is fine to leave alone.

Honestly though, If I did it again, I would probably leave the original finish. Stripping the paint took forever,
and the aluminum black makes it... black-ish, but not quite like a real steel pistol.

And my machined AL parts for some reason didn't take to the aluminum black like the pistol frame/barrel did.
They're a slightly dirty color and not even a fraction as dark as the airsoft gun is. Kind of odd.

My buddy is in Disney world now, he sent me a few pics of the blaster. Dunno if this helps anyone

0066cd4cbb9c0952567bdb32a02881c6.jpg

c331c81abe937ef6d8c8408ed9a70962.jpg

4c078c32bc3a6d2c93840607cce6239d.jpg

2618efc17cf626595804ace0d324e148.jpg

4b95c11c0197e9bcfef7af22c89382fd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My buddy is in Disney world now, he sent me a few pics of the blaster. Dunno if this helps anyone

Those are some great pics but I’m pretty sure that’s TFA blaster. Disney displayed the same one when TFA came out a few years ago. It’s different from what was seen in SOLO..
7e92dc993cb0beed9e23bd95f77b7d2f.jpg
dc7dce2aed4c6941a50e164f98a4bd81.jpg
90f4005d541cf86ab569abbfab10897c.jpg

Last edited:
My buddy is on his way to the exhibit as we speak, any special requests ask now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is the AWC fully modified and repainted matte black...

Beautiful work as always, Chubs. I'm waiting on the SOLO DVD release to order your 3D printed parts for the AW Custom I'm getting for Christmas. :)

Just curious, why did you opt for no silver on the mystery disk, no notch on the scope knob and the angle in the T-track on the FH side? Do we have images to support these interpretations?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back