SE-14r Blaster Pistol, inspired by the Lando poster for Solo

In doing all the test prints and changes, I ended up with enough parts to make a traditional blaster for a co-worker... unfortunately didn't realize I glued in the top site piece backwards, but he said he didn't care.

Could have spent more time wet sanding before painting to get rid of the remaining layer lines in the recesses of the barrel, but I am giving it away for free so didn't want to spend too much time on it. Still planning to add in the chrome accents in the barrel by the coking mechanism, and he has to let me know if he wants it weathered. Not a bad two day build nonetheless.

IMG_20180526_182436.jpg

IMG_20180526_182417.jpg

Thank you! This confirms a number of the design changes I had started to incorporate, but also highlights a few new ones.

1) Do my eyes play tricks on me or does it look like there is a 3.5mm headphone jack sticking out of the middle of the nozzle?
2) I had not seen an SE-14 with the trigger guard screwed on as a separate piece. This actually makes the printing considerably easier.
3) The saw-tooth trim on the nozzle and butt appear to be be replaced with a nice fillet/chamfer. Also makes for an easier print.
4) It appears the magazine receiver is screwed onto the main body instead of integrated into the body. Again, this makes it much easier to print and finish.

Does anyone have a close up of the top site on an SE-14? The model in the Thingiverse file is pretty basic massing and I want to increase the detail on that piece.

Also, does the Official Guide have an image from the other side? The concept art and the poster image both show something protruding from the left-hand side of the barrel that is not found on a traditional SE-14.

In the meantime, I have actually gone ahead and modeled out the grips and made router templates for the inlay material. I also cut apart the barrel into concentric tubes with different cutouts. This should allow for better sanding and prep work since the chrome/aluminum finish will show every imperfection.

Thanks again.

Last edited:
Well after seeing the movie, I am not sure I will even bother with the silencer design. It is only on his blaster for a total of maybe one scene and doesn't even make sense within the edits as his blaster doesn't have the silencer on at the beginning of the scene, then does for two different shots, and then is not on the blaster again by the next scene inside the Falcon. Looks like it was added to the toy just to make the blaster look cooler?

I did find blank pick/scratch guard material that looks to be pretty close to the handle material (hard to tell from the photo, but the material I got is a little more cream/ivory in color). Time to wrap up the design files and start the final prints!

View attachment 820051

Nice idea with the pickguard material! Those tend to be kind of rubbery, I hope it works out!

FYI, though this is based on the old stormy blaster, the Art of Solo book says they scaled it down to look more svelte in Lando's hand. Now, what the Art of Solo book says and what showed up on screen may be two dif things, that's what it said.

so, I was thinking that the end of the barrel might be a found part and that it could be a drill chuck. I watched 100 pages on amazon and coudn't find one that really looked like it but it really look like one to my eyes, even the part inside around what is almost certainly a 3.5mm stereo jack. I don't know if anyone has any idea about that or any other part of that blaster.
cheers :thumbsup

I have been pretty swamped the last few days with other projects and work, but the final digital model has seen a number of edits to better reflect the image from the Official Guide. I still need to finish the new modeling of the magazine clip and the top barrel site has some massing that was not in the original digital model I started from. I also noticed that the oval cutout toward the front of the barrel looks to be a bit more narrow so I will have to tweak that.

Current Digital Model (all parts are split into layers to allow for easy sanding, filling, and final painting to glass smooth finish)
Lando_Blaster.PNG

Image I am working off of
23a4178e6aad4e85a03534c99fe833ce.jpg

FYI, though this is based on the old stormy blaster, the Art of Solo book says they scaled it down to look more svelte in Lando's hand. Now, what the Art of Solo book says and what showed up on screen may be two dif things, that's what it said.

Unless Donald's hands are considerably smaller than my own, it looks to be about the same size as the SE-14 I already have.
Lando_Photo_Shoot.PNG

So test prints pointed out a few areas that needed to be tweaked. Edits made and going to start test prints again tomorrow. Below is the updated model image and assembly/blow-up image to give a feel for how many parts there are now (nearly every layer is a separate piece to allow for easiest sanding and finishing possibilities.

Assembly Instructions.PNG

Digital Model.PNG

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back