Halloween Videos - 'Real' Ghosts..

I'm in the weird position of: Yes I do believe, but...unfortunately I also know how easy it is to fake. Crop circles require more effort than ghost videos.

I take the view of: "It's fun to pretend, although there is a line between being entertaining and just lying to people and when you cross that line, I think you're kind of a <insert censored word here>"

When they are honest about it, I love haunted houses. Sometimes it's OK that it's a trick. We like to see the trick done well.

Even so...I can admit that late at night, all alone in the basement of the 1800's mansion I used to work in out in the middle of nowhere, there were a few times when I decided that it was time for me to NOT be all alone down here and to go find some place well lit with lots of happy smiling people RIGHT NOW.

Nr 1 ghost video looked like fireflies.. Short light streaks and could explain why they also were up in the trees.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you watch the below one at 10 seconds I remember seeing this clip on a paranormal show awhile back. Of course it is not real but I can say it is VERY creepy. The figure catches you unaware and it kind of looks like it is just 2 long legs walking!

Last edited by a moderator:
here's an alternate take on the topic.

Just taking intoaccount ghost adventures and ghost hunters,

Whatdo you think is their most real, non faked evidence,

and what do you think is totally faked?

GA, the faked stuff that stands out the most is their halloween adventure and the 'psychic machine' or whatever thatthing the 'inventor' brought in to try and electrify the area.

For their most real.. the one that sticks out in my mind the most is an insane assylum. nick was sitting in a row of candles and you hear not only a scream that he goes off to look for, but a scream that waves the light of the candles to boot.

For GHs.... The Fake stuff has been mentioned. the two that stand out the most. grants sweater, and a bottle that grant claimed was 'moved' into a bathroom when their guest investigator meatloaf left the room.

for real stuff....they didn't really catch anything THAT ground breaking. but the ST.Augustine light house with the head popping over the railing does stick out.

I'm on my phone so I can't embed, I'll try to edit back with the link to it, but anyone see the clip on the ghost car the cops chase through the fence?

I'm on my phone so I can't embed, I'll try to edit back with the link to it, but anyone see the clip on the ghost car the cops chase through the fence?

Yep, I saw that. I'd wager that was a case of the car lifting the fence up.

funny thing in the office today.

My Co-worker was driving up, and belatedly noticed that there was a tall 7 foot figure lookingout the front door of the office. and at 6AM, the office was empty.
She was afraid to go in.

Not TEN minutes before she came in to tell me at around 2PM.. Ihear what sounds like the carpet scuffing of two feet stopping outside my office, I look up and no one is there. i didn't hear any steps before that or after.

just stuff to make you think

The "Ghost Hunters" guys got caught faking on a Halloween special several years ago.
I was watching when it happened, and it was so obvious I changed the channel and haven't watched them since.
I trust those yahoos about as far as I can throw them.

^^ this.

i too was watching that show and reacted the same way.... *click*

^^ this.

i too was watching that show and reacted the same way.... *click*

I can't help but wonder if they had grant do it be cause he's the member of least likely resistance. hence one of the first to quit the show and mostly give up ghost hunting because of it.

I'm actually kind of surprised they finally broke away from the sci fi channel, i would think most like the fame

Yep, that was the one.

I'm in the same camp with ghosts as I am with UFOs:
I'm like Fox Mulder - I want to believe.
Although I'm not on a website actively debunking ghost videos like I used to do with UFOs...
I have a skeptical mind - I'm always trying to rationalize and explain things.
That's what I did on the UFO investigation forum that I was a member of for years.
Found explanations for mundane things that people thought were UFOs.
Problem was, it was an open forum - any knuckle-dragger could join - so for every three of us offering explanations, there were 300 shouting us down, calling us government shills, accusing us of being part of the cover-up. It was ridiculous. I eventually lost my temper with the fruit-loops and got banned.
The paranormal field is much the same way, I'm sure. On the one hand is people who want to believe so badly that every dust mote is an orb, and on the other is people who fake stuff to antagonize or profit off the loons. Somewhere in the middle is a tiny minority of people who take it seriously, but their voices are lost in the din and never heard.

I watch the "Ghost Adventures" guys. And I'll continue watching them until I catch them faking something.
Heck, for all I know everything they do is fake. But if it is, they're good at it, because I haven't caught them yet.

Good post here. I'm similar in that I want to believe, but I'm also extremely skeptical.

Debunking UFOs that people have seen is difficult because, really, almost anything that someone sees in the sky at night, to them, can be unidentified...and it's a flying object, so it can be easy for someone to see a UFO...when in fact anyone that has some experience around aircraft and whatnot would easily be able to point out exactly what it is instantly.

I personally have one experience with seeing a UFO. A bit of back story...I've worked at an airport for the last 14+ years. I've been around and seen aircraft ranging from everyday passenger jets, to Osprey VTOLs, to WWII era German aircraft...basically, I've seen it all. One night when I was helping a friend move, we loaded up the last few things in his truck and left the house we were moving stuff out of. When we got outside I noticed three lights in that classic triangle shape moving VERY slowly across the sky. It seemed like they were only a few hundred feet off the ground, and there was no sound at all. It was WAY too quiet to be any kind of conventional jet, especially if it was as high as it seemed it was...it should have been much, much louder. My friend looked up and noticed it, too. We both watched it in silence while it moved a ways across the sky, then all of the sudden it sped off extremely quickly and was gone.

Now, if you knew this friend and I you'd know that it takes an AWFUL lot to leave us both speechless, to the point of not even joking around or being jerks to each other...but for the 45 minute drive to the new place, we were both just dead silent...it was awkward. When we finally got to the driveway of the new place, I said "So, are we just going to pretend that we didn't see something in the sky back there?" He said "I kinda wish we hadn't...I'm pretty freaked out right now." We then discussed what we had both seen, and both of us had the same description of what we saw.

Here's the thing, though...every single aspect of this encounter I can logically come up with ways to debunk it. It was night, they were lights...it's entirely possible we saw several meteors that just happened to be coming down at the same time moving in the same general way. Again, it was dark, so our THINKING that whatever it was was flying only a few hundred feet off the ground could have been completely, totally off...it could have been multiple aircraft thousands of feet in the air, which would also explain why it wasn't making any sounds. It seeming to fly very slowly then suddenly moving very quickly could easily have been the angle we were looking at, and the fact that we were kind of "caught in the moment" when we first saw it...one of those moments when time seems to just kind of stand still that we all have from time to time.

Like I said, I've worked in an airport for a long time now, and what I saw that night certainly didn't seem like any kind of conventional aircraft...however, I also wouldn't definitively say that it was some kind of alien craft that was flying over us that night. I guess TECHNICALLY it was a UFO, because we couldn't identify it, but that doesn't mean that it was some kind of alien spacecraft!!!!

In a separate story related to the subjects at hand, when I was 22 my roomie and I moved into an old chair factory that had been turned into apartments. My roommate had grown up across the river from this factory, and as such had heard a LOT of stories about it when he was young...things about it being haunted, about a fire in the building that killed most of the workers, things like that. So when we were looking into getting an apartment there, he asked the manager if there were any good ghost stories. She gave us a few, and we laughed it off.

The night we were moving in, a guy that lived downstairs from us came up and introduced himself. We were moving into a two story townhouse on the second and third floor of the building. This guy I would basically describe as your typical "movie" hippie...long hair, seemed stoned, really laid back...cool guy. He told us some stuff about himself, how he liked to play guitar and if he ever got too loud just stomp on the floor a few times and he'd stop. As he was letting us get back to moving, he stopped and turned around and just really nonchalantly said "By the way, the ghost that lives in your apartment's name is Pete." We were like "Oh, okay...thanks for letting us know!!!"

A few weeks go by...the cat we have acts kinda weird...always looking at the spiral staircase in the place like he's watching someone going up and down it...but we figure it's just a cat being a cat and a new place, so he just needs some time to get used to it.

One night about a month in we are watching TV, and it sounds JUST LIKE there was someone pacing back in forth in one of the bedrooms upstairs. It sounded so much like it that my roomie asked me if my girlfriend was over and had been sleeping, and I said I was going to ask you the same thing. Neither of the women were there, though. This went on for a few minutes, and then my roommate smiles and says "Watch this." He then just kind of hollers "KNOCK IT OFF, PETE!!! WE'RE TRYING TO WATCH TV!!!!"

I swear on all that I've ever loved that the sounds crossed the room one more time...it sounded like to the spot that my bed was in the room...and then just stopped.

I don't know what it was...ghost? Probably not, there's probably something very normal that explains it...there were often times raccoons on top of the building that made a lot of noise, so I figure it was probably that and just coincidence that it stopped when my roomie yelled.

However...that doesn't change the fact that we got out of that apartment that evening as quickly as we possibly could. I don't think I've ever seen two grown men move faster than we did that evening, and we went and did a LOT of stuff (Denny's, a really late night movie, then the bar for a few hours) before deciding we were safe to return. :lol

Good post here. I'm similar in that I want to believe, but I'm also extremely skeptical.

Debunking UFOs that people have seen is difficult because, really, almost anything that someone sees in the sky at night, to them, can be unidentified...and it's a flying object, so it can be easy for someone to see a UFO...when in fact anyone that has some experience around aircraft and whatnot would easily be able to point out exactly what it is instantly.

Good reply. Thanks, man :)

I never tried to debunk things that people had "seen".
I wasn't there - I don't know what they saw.
I only debunked alleged photographic or video evidence.
One that stands out was a series of photos taken on a highway at night of a "UFO under a tarp on the bed of a tractor trailer".
The shape looked vaguely familiar to me, so I did some googling and decided that I thought it looked like an F-22 Raptor without wings, a nose, or an engine/tail section.
I posted my thoughts, got the usual "government shill" BS, then another debunker with better tech than me actually modeled a Raptor in a 3-D program without wings, a nose, or a tail section and covered it with a virtual tarp, and "viola!" - it matched the photo exactly.

Another one that stands out was a diamond shaped UFO photographed over Beijing.
Something about the focus seemed off to me - why were the distant buildings in focus but this thing wasn't?
I concluded that it was closer to the camera than the buildings, therefore smaller than everyone was assuming.
I did a little bit of Photoshop this-that-and-t'other, and concluded that it was a page of a newspaper caught by the wind.
That was one of those cases that once you saw it, you couldn't unsee it, and once you were told it was a newspaper - it was undeniably a newspaper.

But I never tried to debunk things that people "saw" - because I've seen things, too, and if I described them to you I'm sure you'd volley a host of possibilities at me to try to explain it.
But you can't. I can't explain it, and I can identify every thing in the sky.
The last one I saw I actually called my local airport and asked the controller if she'd seen what I saw.
She said "We have a Ford Tri-motor flying today, maybe you saw that".
I said "I think I know what a Ford Tri-motor looks like - and I actually saw your Ford while I was chasing this thing, which was roughly the size of a BBQ grill, perfectly spherical and seamless, the color of polished aluminum, and was moving in a perfectly straight line, against the wind, about 6 feet off the ground in a perfect, unwavering altitude and trajectory".
She thought I was nuts. Ah, well...

I think I wouldn't believe if I hadn't seen a ghost myself. I was sleeping and woke up in bed. The door to my room was directly at the foot of my bed. A shadow walked in my room. It was a black mass, human shaped, and it walked past the foot of my bed. It stopped, turned and looked at me. then walked out of the room. I wasn't scared, I didn't scream, and I wasn't dreaming. I told my mom about it. She thought it was my father. He said he wasn't up that night. I remember it like it wasn't walking, but gliding.

I guess people WANT to believe in ghosts because that means some type of afterlife?

If ghosts were real wouldn't that mean people would be watching you during all your...ahem...most embarrassing moments? :p

I think I wouldn't believe if I hadn't seen a ghost myself. I was sleeping and woke up in bed. The door to my room was directly at the foot of my bed. A shadow walked in my room. It was a black mass, human shaped, and it walked past the foot of my bed. It stopped, turned and looked at me. then walked out of the room. I wasn't scared, I didn't scream, and I wasn't dreaming. I told my mom about it. She thought it was my father. He said he wasn't up that night. I remember it like it wasn't walking, but gliding.

you know what's odd?

if Ghost Adventures doesn't fake their evidence, Just about EVERY ghost silhouette they capture IS gliding.

I guess if you have no legs, why not glide?

LOLOLOL

so, I'm watching the final episode of Ghost Hunters. Why I do, I don't know. they've been proven faking stuff.. and the show is so bland now you don't even need visuals to watch it anymore.

but, KJ and the other kid where in a small compartment hallway. KJ had his back to the door, conveniently covering it. The other kid had his arm facing forward and the other arm right by the door behind KJ's back. All of a sudden the door magically opens a little? and these guys not normally freaked out by such stuff over react to it?

Even IIII who likes and want to believe in this stuff had to laugh out loud at that one ;o)...

Pure crap. No Loch MESS, no Ghosts, No Weirdowoolves, No big feets....
Actually, what we call "vampires" and "werewolves" are (or were) alien species' from other planets outside of our solar system that visited Earth centuries ago. The same is probably true of what we currently call "bigfoot", "Yeti", or "Sasquatch". It would explain why there is never any actual physical evidence found where they were sighted--they're careful to "pack out their trash" in order to remain undiscovered.

Anybody buying this? Yeah, me neither. Not really. But it could make sense if you have the right mindset...or the wrong mindset. Me, I'm what I call a "skeptical, open-minded agnostic". I don't know if there is a God (or Gods, in deference to some beliefs), or ghosts, or bigfeet (bigfoots?), or sentient beings living on other planets, or whatever else is out there that we haven't yet found an explanation for, but I'm also not so arrogant that I can say with any certainty that they don't exist--I simply don't have enough evidence to make a determination one way or the other. Yeah, it can be fun to ponder the existence of such things...as long as you don't get too carried away with it, that is.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back