Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Pre-release)

If the rumors are true and this is a suicide mission for the characters, watch Rogue One Part 2 just be 3 hours of decaying bodies floating in space. lol

I hope we get one lightsaber moment.

But only one

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk
We already did.
3cc15a1cbfec98b109c635ba63b94e19.jpg

Has Star Wars nitpicking actually reached the point where we are analyzing exactly how fast or slow Vader has to walk in a certain scene? Come on.

Wook had the same problem with Chewie in TFA, so we've been at that point since December at least.

He ate Chili...I can hear Vader muttering "Why did I eat that Chili?!" ... it's going to take a while to get out of that suit, and just when he thinks he has the bathroom all to himself....Krennic "Oh Lord Vader...are you in there?"...

Probably going to need some of this!

Attachments

• chipotle away.jpg
    chipotle away.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 51
You know, you'd think that by now that you'd all know better than to place too much faith in a trailer. There have been tons of a good movies that looked like garbage and/or failed because of a bad trailer or trailer(s) and the reverse is true where there have been many a movie where all the best scenes were in the trailer and the movie sucked.

Not getting the Vader nitpicks, but that's just me. I gots the joy in my heart. Major plus: I don't see anything that makes me think "Hayden" in Vader's brief glimpse. If we can see him as a vicious henchmen and not a Greek tragic hero for a few minutes, I'll be over the moon.

Maybe the guy has his life saved by telling Vader 'My Mom's name is..Shmi!' ;o)

IAt this point the DS is still under construction apparently under Director Krenick. Perhaps Tarkin takes command upon completion.

OR Tarkin takes over the DS after the failure of Krennic to recover the plans, and he's sent to the Spice Mines of Kessel to re-think his life.

SB

Truly this film is my only "hope" of SW getting back on track for me since 1983, it's been severely off the rails at times or not even on the track to me.
Looks like it should knock it out of the park.

So we got like 2 months and 2 days. I am looking forward to this, guess being a big death star fan helps.
I'm wondering about that shot where its upside down. Is the camera suppose to be just underneath it looking up making it seem upside down, or what?

Probably just a visual Edwards used for a "wow wtf" effect (and the shot worked).
We see the Death Star as being upside down, but not gonna matter out in space or those on planet.
Gravity still got everyone firmly planted (think southern hemisphere).
Very cool shot.

I wonder if Orson Krennic becomes "Snoke". Its a little odd that you can actually spell one name from the other and ,of course, he seems pretty central to the construction of the original Death Star. And that would tie in rather nicely with the emergence of the First Order out of the ashes of the Empire and of course the creation of another (more advanced) Starkiller/Deathstar in "The Force Awakens", all through his influence again.
If Vader doesn't actually kill him and just horribly wounds him (perhaps a Deathtrooper sacrifices himself so Krennic can escape) it might explain much about where he originates from, hides from Vader and the Emperor, knows a lot about the Force and why he ends up so keen to corrupt Kylo Ren, Vaders grandson, making him virtually his servant.
Its a bit too neat but when you hear Krennic talking about "power" in the trailer he does sound rather Snoke like.
Of course we can now argue that Rey is Jyns daughter!!!!

Its a good theory I guess (alot better than the Mace Windu one ) ,right up until we see what happens in the film anyway!.

Last edited:
This may have been talked about already, considering there are 150 pages to this thread, but with the reshoots, did they take a cool scene out with Darth Vader kicking ass? I swear, I want to see that SO HARD. Cause lets be honest, Darth Vader has never really kicked ass in the movies.

I'm with Snikt. I want to see some light saber throwing, force chocking, skull smashing Bonthons dead on the floor Vader pimp walking death scenes. God that felt good to say.

Last edited by a moderator:
This may have been talked about already, considering there are 150 pages to this thread, but with the reshoots, did they take a cool scene out with Darth Vader kicking ass? I swear, I want to see that SO HARD. Cause lets be honest, Darth Vader has never really kicked ass in the movies.

He didn't really need too.
He had a whole army for that.

for me, what makes characters like Vader, and Mumm-Ra cool. They have all this power, but they are thinkers. Mumm-Ra doesn't get upset he looses. he thinks. 'This is not a defeat, merley a setback. and each time we meet, I learn more.' He even LAUGHS when he looses, and is kind of happy cause he gets to try again.

Same goes for Darth. he Cuts off Lukes Hand. Luke gets away. He doesn't rage and go 'noooooo!. He just quietly looks down the shaft and contemplates....then gruffly goes ' bring my shuttle'.

The only time we really see him in any type of bad ass type scene is where is throws the rebel blockade runner captain against the wall, I think. all the rest is kind of quieter moments of power. Or LITERAL shows of force like in the bespin battle.

I kind of like the bad assery to be saved more for the emporer, who I think could be more prone to power moments.

vader letting loose doesn't really fit him much i think.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back