Excellent Single Pack Adhesive for Resin - Plastic - PVC

yaris

Sr Member
I usually have a blaster build going on and I've always used 2 pak glue for resin parts to PVC.

While it's a great adhesive, it's messy, you have to mix it, it's expensive (per volume) and I've seen over the years massive inconsistencies with reliable quality, even with the expensive brands.

I've tried many different single pack adhesives, but they are too expensive (per volume) poor consistancy or too slow drying.

If you're in AUS/NZ you'll know all about Liquid Nails. It's a solid construction adhesive, but messy and slow drying.

Well, today I found this at Bunnings and gave it a try.

It's very impressive. Single pack, drys almost clear, reasonably fast grip, paintable and really unbreakable. I tried to pry the resin part off the PVC pipe and it just won't separate, which of course is great.

It only comes in the big caulking gun tube, but I've decanted it into a more manageable dispenser. Hopefully they'll bring it out in the smaller application tube, like standard Liquid Nails/small pak.

It's cheap as chips per volume and it list's plastic (substrates that adhere to) without any conditions.

Win/Win...;)

IMG_1711.JPGIMG_1712.JPGIMG_1710.JPG

Last edited:
Re: It is the GLUE that binds us.

Testing some now - Acrylic vs renshape - hopefully it'll be a viable (and cheaper) alternative to epoxy

Excellent! Thanks for posting - will definitely get some to try. :thumbsup

No worries, give it a shot, it's pretty impressive

Testing some now - Acrylic vs renshape - hopefully it'll be a viable (and cheaper) alternative to epoxy

Epoxy per volume, even the cheap stuff is expensive. I glued resin to PVC pipe it broke the part trying to seperate them. It's $10 for 325g compared to $4 for 25ml of epoxy

UPDATE.....

I'm building a few e11 blasters using the Liquid Nails Fast Set and it's very impressive for resin to resin, resin to PVC, sets firm in 10 mins, rock solid in 20 mins.

Best part...Single pack..no mixing...!!...and super cheap compared to 2 pack epoxy per volume.

IMG_1804.JPGIMG_1828.JPGIMG_1829.JPG

This stuff continues to impress. I started using too much of it and had to cut it back once dried. Even in minimum amounts it’s super strong!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back