The Ninja - Star Wars Vintage Parts Hunting & Props - UPDATE - Vintage Folmer 3-Cell Flash

The Ninja

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
The Ninja - Star Wars Vintage Parts Hunting and Props - UPDATE

I found the RPF when researching Star Wars OT props & Darth Vader's Melted Helmet from TFA, that's when I found @MasterEdi amazing hand sculpted helmet, which I now own both of his amazing V1 & V2 Vader Melted Helmets.

My interest quickly moved to Vintage Part Props and I thought it might be cool to share some of the Vintage Parts I have hunted along with the Vintage Part Props I have commissioned.

A big thank you to every RPF member who has taken the time to post & share information on Vintage Parts & Props, sharing information and forming new friendships is one the best parts of the RPF.

Shout Outs:
Jerry trooper
Scott scottjua
Troy Seneca
Chris teecrooz
Marcus kurtyboy
Markus OdiWan72
Andy mugatu
Dustin newmagrathea
Colin db94

2018 Hunting & Props - Post #2
2019 Hunting & Props - Post #118
2020 Hunting & Props - Post #653
2021 Hunting & Props - Post #954
2022 Hunting & Props - Post #1122
2023 Hunting & Props - Post #1204
2024 Hunting & Props - Post #1256

Ian - The Ninja :ninja:

656.jpg

657.jpg

1.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Star Wars Real Parts Hunting & Props - The Ninja

you are a force to be reckoned with when it comes to hunting down rare items.

I want all you folks out there to know, ian came to me about 18 months ago asking about macros and getting all the real vintage parts. I told him like I tell every one, be patient and these will pop up. well, that wasn't good enough for him, even after I told him how hard it was to source all the cameras and parts down, I even told him the mystery box will most likely never be found.
after telling him a couple of ways I search ( never THAT again :) ) he went to town day and night, he found ALL the cameras and parts for not only the hero macrobinoculars but the stunt as well in less than some like 4 months, correct me if im wrong ian @The Ninja . I know guys that have been searching for years and he did it ALL in a few short months.
now I fight to beat him to every good deal or rare item out there. if you guys only new half of the items he has sourced, it would really drive you nuts wondering how he does it :lol
he never sleeps ! you will never see him coming, he strikes with out warning....he's ….dun dun duuuuuun THE NINJA !
:lol :lol :lol :lol

Gee thanks Jerry you make it sound like the Apprentice has become the Master, I am sure the old bull still has a few tricks tucked away lol!!

I remember when I first contacted you and Scott, like you said, I was researching the Luke HERO Macro build and knew next to nothing, we hit it off straight away talking props, you sparked my interest in real parts props and we have enjoyed sharing hunting ideas & finds ever since. :)

Last edited:

Vintage OTIS Elevator Boards

Its taken some hunting but I recently picked up 11x vintage OTIS Elevator Boards built in 1974 & 1975!

I think we all know just how rare these vintage OTIS Elevator Boards with thin straight silver Traces on each contact are, I have been hunting for the past year and this deal took 3 weeks to put together.

2.JPG

1.JPG 2.JPG

Last edited:

Wow, nice haul! I have one of these boards and feel right lucky to have it.
Well done!

Vintage Hengstler 400 Counter

Just received a vintage Hengstler 400 Counter in really nice condition, big thanks to @trooper for helping to put this together!

4.JPG

3.JPG 4.JPG 5.JPG

Last edited:

Very cool, man. I'm jealous already!

Tell us more!

Edit: would you mind telling me what the dimensions are on the Hengstler counter? I've got a couple models I can print, but I'm not sure what the correct size is. I'm having the same issues with the power cylinders. Can anyone tell me the diameter of the two main cylinders?

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

Hey TN,

Are you looking for anything and everything SW props or just related to Vader? We've been able to identify and catalog a few Falcon (and other associated props) real world items :)

it was YOU! I saw that post on facebook, nice haul!

hey if you're able to find that Vader ROTJ Lightsaber control box.... we'll probably start worshipping you :lol

Very cool, man. I'm jealous already!

Tell us more!

Edit: would you mind telling me what the dimensions are on the Hengstler counter? I've got a couple models I can print, but I'm not sure what the correct size is. I'm having the same issues with the power cylinders. Can anyone tell me the diameter of the two main cylinders?

Thanks Dann I will see what I can put together on the dimensions.

Dude! That's a pile of Otis boards. I'm very jealous! :thumbsup

Thanks russellsch maybe it will be a way smaller pile by the time Jerry boxes them up for me lol!!

it was YOU! I saw that post on facebook, nice haul!

hey if you're able to find that Vader ROTJ Lightsaber control box.... we'll probably start worshipping you :lol

Thanks thd9791 yeah that FB post got some crazy reaction, my FB messenger went into meltdown, a vintage Vader ROTJ Lightsaber build is on my wish list ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Hey TN,

Are you looking for anything and everything SW props or just related to Vader? We've been able to identify and catalog a few Falcon (and other associated props) real world items :)

Hi SofaKing01 I am interested in hunting & adding to my collection any cool vintage real parts used in building any of the props, I will look through your information, thanks...

Vintage M19 Telescope hunted for $58

I recently hunted this M19 Telescope still in the Periscope unseen or touched since WW2, the family had it stored all that time, its in amazing condition!

8.jpg

6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg 9.jpg 10.jpg

Last edited:

Awesome!!

Was it in an M4 box?

I just found something I've been looking for for years.

A Compac Super scope!

So giddy!

Sweet pickup congrats :thumbsup

Awesome!!

Was it in an M4 box?

I have been unable to workout which Periscope as the outside of the housing was quite rusted, but the M19 is minty :D

Vintage M19 Telescope hunted for $58.00

I recently hunted this M19 Telescope still in the Periscope unseen or touched since WW2, the family had it stored all that time, its in amazing condition!

View attachment 841122

View attachment 841123

View attachment 841124

View attachment 841125

View attachment 841126

i had to pick up my jaw off the floor.

it's probably an M3, possibly an M4 periscope. ***** ******.

i had to pick up my jaw off the floor.

it's probably an M3, possibly an M4 periscope. ***** ******.

You can imagine my eyes were like dinner plates when I cracked it open and seen a minty M19 :eek I was online with Jerry trooper getting instructions how to remove the scope, I am sure Jerry was just as excited as I was, bloody great day!! :D

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back