Zvezda Avenger-Class ISD-II - WIP

Mad skills , perseverance and patience mate ! :p ... Any idea when you think your incredible ‘ greebling ‘ will be done... or will it !? :popcorn

Ged

Mad skills , perseverance and patience mate ! :p ... Any idea when you think your incredible ‘ greebling ‘ will be done... or will it !? :popcorn

Ged

I'm Alice down the rabbit hole, falling and falling - having no idea where bottom is. I had thought the trenches would have been the most arduous portion to complete.

Each new section I start on when comparing it to the ILM reference pics - I get surprised at the negative space and what's missing on the Zvezda. I do know I have some work and surgery to do when I get to the Bridge face, and the back of the wedding cake. I haven't taken a deep look at the neck yet because I am afraid of what is not there on the Zvezda - and given how much detail greeblies I have already done - I worry that ungreeblied areas are going to look like I forgot to glue details to that section.

So, I can either despair (which I have done aplenty I assure you) or I can just plod along doing a little here and there when I have time.

And then there is the B-wing in the box calling my name. Maybe for sanity's sake after I get the port side of the lower wedding cake done - I take a couple of weeks off and build something NOT requiring any greeblie work, and just painting detail. And then there's the 5 other bandai kits sitting there in their boxes - untouched.

Well, at least I have modeling to look forward to.

Well, after several hours last night and today - I finished the shelf thingy sticking out of the port side wedding cake, complete with toilet thing below.

View attachment 839053View attachment 839054View attachment 839055

And this is why it's taking me so long to greeblie this thing up. Sometimes I curse the gift of all those high res ILM model shots. But then, when I get this monster done - I can be proud and know that for the scale it is - it's the closest thing I'm going to have to the ILM model under 3 feet long.

And then, God willing, Bandai will announce their Perfect Grade Star Destroyer. ;)

Last edited:
And then, God willing, Bandai will announce their Perfect Grade Star Destroyer. ;)

And that's when I shoot myself in the head after my wife divorces me for spending way more than I should and being a frustrated old coot because I have to spend hundreds of man-hours on 'a stupid piece of plastic'.

Given the ridiculous levels of detail I have discovered while doing this, I am not even sure Bandai could pull it off.

And that's when I shoot myself in the head after my wife divorces me for spending way more than I should and being a frustrated old coot because I have to spend hundreds of man-hours on 'a stupid piece of plastic'.

Given the ridiculous levels of detail I have discovered while doing this, I am not even sure Bandai could pull it off.

You’ve done a great job with the kit. The attention to detail is wonderful. In my view, when looking at your pictures, the layering of the additional details draws my eyes into the model. The closer I look at it the more detail I see. It adds a lot of interest to the model. This is a challenging subject when trying to scale down the 8ft Avenger to the 1/2700 scale of the kit. Compromises have to be made, but I don’t see that as a disadvantage. Even though you’ve got a lot of reference material to go by, you’re adding your own personal touch. I’ve been holding out for a kit from Bandai, but this really is a decent kit for the money. Once I finally put together my hobby room I’ll probably start with this kit. I’ve enjoyed watching your progress. :)

You’ve done a great job with the kit. The attention to detail is wonderful. In my view, when looking at your pictures, the layering of the additional details draws my eyes into the model. The closer I look at it the more detail I see. It adds a lot of interest to the model. This is a challenging subject when trying to scale down the 8ft Avenger to the 1/2700 scale of the kit. Compromises have to be made, but I don’t see that as a disadvantage. Even though you’ve got a lot of reference material to go by, you’re adding your own personal touch. I’ve been holding out for a kit from Bandai, but this really is a decent kit for the money. Once I finally put together my hobby room I’ll probably start with this kit. I’ve enjoyed watching your progress. :)

Thank you sir! I continue to be stuck in what I call 'greeblie hell' - and of course having hundreds and hundreds of high-resolution pics of every square inch of the 8 foot ILM model just makes that hell seemingly an eternity. But I am making slow progress. Here's a few more pics of the progress:

port cake rear btm.jpegportake rearbtm2.jpegbottom rear cake1.jpegport rear.jpegPortCakerear2.jpegPortCakerear3.jpegrearcakeleft.jpegRearcakeright.jpegPortCakerear1.jpeg

Absolutely breathtaking! :thumbsup Your dedication and tenacity is unsurpassed my friend!
Thank you sir! I continue to be stuck in what I call 'greeblie hell' - and of course having hundreds and hundreds of high-resolution pics of every square inch of the 8 foot ILM model just makes that hell seemingly an eternity. But I am making slow progress. Here's a few more pics of the progress:

View attachment 850484View attachment 850485View attachment 850486View attachment 850487View attachment 850488View attachment 850489View attachment 850490View attachment 850491View attachment 850492

I probably would have lost my mind twice already. Really great work!
Could I ask to measure the full width of the model? Need to figure out if it’d fit on a shelf I have.

Mightn’t have said or written it down before ..., but it’s certainly what I’ve thought every time I’ve caught an update ..., WOW !!! :eek:
.... and thank you for inspiring too !;)

Ged

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back