ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

He at least you got a reason for the delay.

Most of the delays just tell you it moved back a quarter and that's it. No more.

Just got my Phasma today; absolute trash. Huge cracks all over it, I'm convinced that every one of these things are junk.
The seller's already agreed to take it back which is good. At least I'll get my money back.

I too recieved the Anovos update......:wacko
on another note however, anovos related. Does anyone know whether the inferno squad lid is user friendly for other squad members and not just specific to Iden?

I too recieved the Anovos update......:wacko
on another note however, anovos related. Does anyone know whether the inferno squad lid is user friendly for other squad members and not just specific to Iden?

I believe the only difference is Iden has a pauldron. Lids seem to be the same.

I’m still waiting on the Han Solo TFA jacket. It’s the only item I’ve ever pre ordered from them. However I know delays happen so I’m not worried about it. All my other Anovos items are exceptional and I look forward to what they will be making in the future.

I believe the only difference is Iden has a pauldron. Lids seem to be the same.

I thought so as well...their customer service got back to me and said it was exclusively Idens?...that said, i cant find any differences between the lids. Can we get a few more confirmations as i may pull the trigger on one ; )...here is a comparison against Meko i believe....

IMG_3536.JPG

Last edited:
Finally received my TIE Pilot Lt. Oxixo. It's beautiful. I can understand how it's shape would've been warped in Jediwannabe helmet. I also readjusted the inner "cap"inside mine, & the Velcro they have in this has INCREDIBLE grip.
Now I need to hit LOWES, & see about getting some hoses. I need to go back in this thread, & find the right kind.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have ever ordered numerous products from Anovos and most have been delivered. Updates have been given, admittedly infrequently, about those that are late. But I'm a patient man and waiting is not a problem because, having hung on for probably 17 years for a 2001: A Space Odyssey kit from a manufacturer who shall remain unnamed, Anovos delays are nothing.

I think they're a simply running out of money and can't pay for inventory. It's like a pyramid scheme
Really? They have been releasing products pretty frequently. I have received quite a few this year.

Yes, there are delays. It is a complex process to get the products designed, manufactured (Sometimes involving multiple factories in different countries when there are multiple parts such as a costume), and shipped from overseas with approvals throughout the process.

I don't see any signs of Anovos slowing down or being low on funds.

Sometimes there are issues found during the approvals. Would people prefer that the issues get resolved and the product is delayed or bad products are shipped to meet schedule?

Sometimes there are unexpected delays in manufacturing or shipment.

The main area I see improvement needed is the communication of the status.

I have had several products that took several years to arrive. Way longer than the original estimate. I have been happy with the product after it finally arrived.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Never understood the pride people have in this hobby have over waiting a long time for something that may never arrive; I guess I'm more strict with my money in that if I pay for something I expect to get what I paid for. I certainly wouldn't go to buy a television or computer and after paying accept them telling me I'd get it MAYBE in 17 years.

Not my choice, of course, and no one went into the run thinking this would be the result. And after so long, you become resigned to how it is.

But to get back on track, the one thing I want to reiterate is that Anovos has never failed to come through for me. I've been very happy with everything I've bought.

Just hang in there, people. I'm sure everyone will get their stuff.:thumbsup

Let me get this straight, you PAID someone for something 17 years ago and you are STILL waiting?

But I'm a patient man and waiting is not a problem because, having hung on for probably 17 years for a 2001: A Space Odyssey kit from a manufacturer who shall remain unnamed,.

It's a bit of a sore point over at Atomic City...but yes! It's been so long I just block it out. Highly unlikely to ever get my money back so I just hang on hoping that by some miracle one day something turns up. But I think I have derailed this thread enough, so I won't get into the details. Thanks.

Just an abstract thought: With regard to this hobby and the "waiting" some say is inherent, it is being insinuated here and there that those of us who are able to wait patiently are more mature (for lack of a better term) than those of us who think that anything more than, oh...let's be generous, 2 years is out of line. I just feel that this is unfair at times. I am not angry but it feels wrong. And "vote with your wallet" only goes so far too. An extreme example would be not buying food because you do not like the folks at the only market in town: There are other dynamics in play - like sharing custody and getting kids excited about something you spent 3k on 2 years ago, and then not being able to follow through, etc.

Buying these costumes in the first place involves emotions. Being treated this way by the company in question is also going to involve emotion.

It is up to the rest of us to control our anger and keep it real.

I find the whole, "As long as I get the item, everything is good" equal to that of the redneck woman on COPS who says, "He beats me and the kids but he really loves us."

It's not the length of the wait that is the issue. Fewer would complain if they just said it would be a 2 year wait going into the order. It's the inability of Anovos to know and understand their own production timeline. The problem is that they are taking preorders too early in product development timeline and cannot predict issues. It is like a hurricane making landfall. Predictions of location is better as it gets closer to the event. Their need to bring in money ASAP and lock in commitments is problematic to customers.

And if you think one product delay of something you did not order does not effect you, you are delusional. Let's take the Solo Rig. If we give the benefit of the doubt to Anovos and that they were always honest about what they thought the ETAs were we can see this was costly. The Rigs were expected within an annual quarter. It took almost 3 years to complete the order. During that time they had to:
- Redesign components
- Change materials
- Store product components that were ready before other parts.
- Include and extra buckle part because they shipped the wrong part.
- Ship items in 4 separate shipments (the rig, the caller, the correct buckle, the tools)
- On going delays for packaging, quality, production (Time, Time and Time)

All of those things equal money. And if you think that Anovos just ate those costs, then as I said... you are delusional. They made up for it by raising prices on their other products and also may have built in those additional costs in the event that other products might incur the same issues whether they do or not.

If they waited till production got closer to known release date, like 2 months. They would not have the issues they have now. The great thing about new movie related items, is that they can start on them early and that the LFL has a date companies with licenses can start selling those items. This is the reason you did not have waiting issues with items like the R1 Shore Trooper helmet.

Look at the Oxixo helmet as well...

It took 3 years as well. Stunningly - it seems it took like 16-18 months for the paint job.....The standard versions shipped summer 2016 i believe. There's just no way paint took that long...

Look at the Oxixo helmet as well...

It took 3 years as well. Stunningly - it seems it took like 16-18 months for the paint job.....The standard versions shipped summer 2016 i believe. There's just no way paint took that long...
Why did they paint it at all. The standard tie helmet is black ABS; why not just vacform the Oxixo in black ABS as well.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back