Bandai release schedule

PLEASE!!! Please, Bandai, my old friend, upscale the Y-Wing & anything else that looks viable! At least the Y-Wing has never been done previously in the scale, so absolutely no competition!

Prayers for good 1:48 scale kits continue, with a Vulcan at the top of the list...

R/ Robert

PC: Excluding limited production resin products such as SMT...

Last edited:
Righty-O! AT-ST has arrived, nice looking kit! One question - does anyone here read...Japanese? Heh-heh...honestly hadn't thought that through all the way; the instructions are straightforward...I think...but the real question is what are the paint mixes Bandai is recommending?! Clearly something mixed 45% with....something else...for the hull, but would anyone be willing to translate their paint recommendations on this kit?

The number of huge model submarines and ships that are over 4 feet long, yet no company seems interested in making a nice big star destroyer!

Keith.

The number of huge model submarines and ships that are over 4 feet long, yet no company seems interested in making a nice big star destroyer!

Keith.

Don't. Remind. Me. Bandai had my money up to $600, no questions asked, for that sample they had on display. One of the most iconic ships in one of the most important film series of all time and while we've seen X-Wing and Falcons in every conceivable scale from every conceivable manufacturer, we're stuck with a badly-engineered, badly-innaccurate-in-every-way, teeny-tiny mold from 1980. Just, what, the actual f8k is that all about?

A very great modeller called TurkeyVolumeGuessingManposted an unboxing video over at Starship Modeller site:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGCdrpwVwT0

He also translated the colour instructions

Body: Neutral Gray 45%, white 45%, black 5%, blue 5%
Pilot's uniform: RLM75 Gray violet 50%, white 50%, with a drop of black.
Pilot's helmet dark green (Mr. Hobby Aqueous color H73)
Pilot's belt: khaki green

J

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm waited for mine to arrive. I haven't done "models" in forever. They look like they've gotten so much more user friendly. Looking forward to getting my bandai kits.

image.jpgThe at St is quite complex,it's basicly slip or clip into place,I put mine together within couple hours or so and the only areas I used any glue were on the lower legs.the sprue attachment points are located on the part edge and not hidden so careful clipping/sanding is required.it has optional open hatch and (eyes) view ports.articulation is not there on the legs,they are in a pose/posture but the real area it moves is at the neck,the connection between head and body.the weapons are also fixed position.

its a brilliant kit,bandai utilised its knowledge from its glueless kits and put it to brilliant use,I am not expert on as scale but just casting ones eyes over it,the kit is really sharp and well detailed and looks the part.

i have not done any scifi for ages and this kit saw my return and it was and is a pleasure so far.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    948.3 KB · Views: 343
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    917.1 KB · Views: 289
Last edited:
A very great modeller called TurkeyVolumeGuessingManposted an unboxing video over at Starship Modeller site:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGCdrpwVwT0

He also translated the colour instructions

Body: Neutral Gray 45%, white 45%, black 5%, blue 5%
Pilot's uniform: RLM75 Gray violet 50%, white 50%, with a drop of black.
Pilot's helmet dark green (Mr. Hobby Aqueous color H73)
Pilot's belt: khaki green

J

Awesome, thanks, Jaitea!

Last edited by a moderator:
The AT-ST model is fantastic. Lots of detail...alost too much detail!
I finished building mine today. I adjusted the kits standing pose to the way i liked it by trimming off a few pegs here and there and then glued the legs in position.
I am not using the horrible stand that comes with the kit. It stands up fine on its own.

I have three more AT-ST's on the way for different poses.

Keith.

^^^
Awesome! I love the idea of the walker squatting to allow for boarding the crew. I hope they design an AT-AT with a similar idea in mind.

--Alex

Oh dear, that doesn't sound good Julien
.....but in comparison to the MPC's dimensions, how do you rate it?

J

I cant compare with the MPC because I only saw buildupd but never built one myself.
The Bandai is an excellent model !
It has some inaccuracies, some of them are just details to remove (easy), some other will need more work (the shape of the feet is all wrong...). I think they used the Nice-N garage kit as reference (fortunatly enough the one with the correctly sized legs !) because several of the Bandai kit issues are thing that were wrong on the Nice-N kit (rear of the chassis/body, foot shape etc).

The engineering is awesome on this kit but some engineering issues are very annoying (glad I built one out of the box first !!).

Anyway here is mine (with my studio scale scratchbuilt ATST and the small 1/144 one).

Some details are not in place (hoses, rail). Feet shells are just in place for the pic (will modify them on this one too), everything else is glued but the joints so I can use it as a stopmo model. :))

I am very very happy with this model (they even replicated flaws of the original like crooked things).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    921.4 KB · Views: 525
I am unable to view the photo. Spinning thing going on forever.
The number of photos on the rpf i would like to look at but don't get to see because this type of format either loads so slow or won't load at all.

Keith.

There is no comparison between the MPC and Bandai AT-ST kits. The Bandai kit is a cut way above the MPC kit, but back in the day that was all we had. From what I've seen of the kits that they've released for sale, so far the detail has been exceptional. You can build a nice model out of the box, and any extra detailing/accurizing you put into it is extra icing on the cake. I'm probably going to put in my order for some SW kits from HLJ next weekend. These are inexpensive and well engineered kits. They are going to lend themselves very well to lighting, extra detailing, and painting without much effort.

I think it's a good time for SW model kit fans! Now if they can come out with a decent Star Destroyer kit that would make my day. I'll just have to wait and see. :)

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back