Solo: A Star Wars Story (Post-release)

What did you think of Solo: A Star Wars Story?

• Total voters
Any poll is a sample and they are used as a representation of what a bigger - equal - ratio is more than likely to represent so, to say that this poll is meaningless is a little odd - given that polling is used every day, all over the world.

That said, while others (me included) would disagree, your opinion regarding the fact that movie didn't work fo you is more than fair.

Best
MARK

True, but my point was merely that a sample size has to be somewhat relative. I could conduct a poll and tell you that 71% of people who responded liked this movie. But if I told you I only polled 7 people and 5 liked it, what does that say about being a realistic gauge of how people really feel. My point is it’s impossible to use that poll, as is, to support ones arguememt one way or another based on the sample size. Yes, polls are conducted all the time with a “sample” size, but it has to be somewhat representative to be valid.

Any poll is a sample and they are used as a representation of what a bigger - equal - ratio is more than likely to represent so, to say that this poll is meaningless is a little odd - given that polling is used every day, all over the world.

That said, while others (me included) would disagree, your opinion regarding the fact that movie didn't work fo you is more than fair.

Best
MARK

Here’s a better way to illustrate my point. Almost every poll conducted prior to the 2016 election had Hilary Clinton favored to win, and look at how that turned out. (Mods, this is not a political discussion , just making a point). And I’m not going to get into a discussion about voter fraud, that election wasn’t the first time a poll was wrong. My point is sometimes too much validity can be placed on the results of polls, especially if the sample of those polled doesn’t reflect the greater population. And sometimes the information that’s missing in polls is what speaks volumes.

Here’s a better way to illustrate my point. Almost every poll conducted prior to the 2016 election had Hilary Clinton favored to win, and look at how that turned out. (Mods, this is not a political discussion , just making a point). And I’m not going to get into a discussion about voter fraud, that election wasn’t the first time a poll was wrong. My point is sometimes too much validity can be placed on the results of polls, especially if the sample of those polled doesn’t reflect the greater population. And sometimes the information that’s missing in polls is what speaks volumes.

My wife is a market research executive, I understand how polls work and why if you ask the wrong questions of a limited sample size it can make data unrealiable. I pointed that out in The Last Jedi thread and suggested the poll wasn’t of sufficient size and the wording of the options poorly considered. I then posted a poll with 4X the sample size that showed a very different result. But people here simply want to hang their collective hat on this poll, so if they accept the TLJ poll as sacrosanct then they also have to accept this and the result. I was responding to a person who voted the film as “bad” asking those who voted “good or great” why they liked certain aspects. That made pointing out the tiny minority he was in germane to my response.

Well, watched it enjoyed it but still like the original star wars better, meaning that its a good filler to the story line but I did enjoy Rogue 1 better.....I do still like # 7-8 better than Solo.....I just didn't like Ryans take on SW8 and hope JJ gets SW9 back on track......my raking in order of the best.......

1. EMPIRE STRIKES BACK
2.NEW HOPE
3.RETURN OF THE JEDI
4.THE FORCE AWAKENS
5.THE LAST JEDI
6.ROGUE ONE
7.SOLO
8. 1,2,3. I like the story lines but not the filming to much CG

well just have to see whats in store in the next chapter.......In a Galaxy Far Far Away

See! Damn it! I knew it! Freaking AMC sucks man. Good article Bryan. Too bad it pisses me off though ,especially with the automation aspect of projection. Technology isnt always a good thing. Very interesting points, and I agree with it completely.

Sounds like you can have any color you want in the Solo movie, as long as it's bland.

Last edited:
We generally hit the Harkins by our place in the north valley and I didn't notice any issues like this, ymmv of course.

I saw it at an AMC in downtown Phoenix and it was super-dark. May go see it again this weekend at a Harkins though...

When I saw it I was prepared for a barely visible presentation, but was pleasantly surprised to be able to make out most of it. Of course, the theater had just been remodeled with those stupid recliners, so maybe they upgraded the projector too.

Saw it today and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Something I really appreciate about it is how they are blending and embracing the clone wars as fully canon

Speaking of theaters, after their last remodel, the Exit signs and even the walkway running lights at my AMC spill colored light on the screen. I've complained but nothing is done.

You really wanted to know about the ****ing stripes on his pants? That's the kind of wanky EU minutia that makes me cringe so hard I almost turn inside out.

Cayman Shen.jpg

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back