Kid sized Jango Fett Costume completed

Re: Kid sized Jango Fett Costume WIP

Yep doing 2 at once, it's been almost a year with just little breaks, I don't like how hard the seams were to deal with, anytime I sanded through a joint it was a nightmare to clean up. Do you have a build post?

2 at once!?! Are you CRAZY!? Hah!

I haven't had time to do a formal write up on the trooper build, but I have documented it thoroughly. I didn't bother as It's been covered and unlike your phasma take, my approach didn't really provide anything new that hasn't been covered here. That build nearly killed me though. It was such a headache, all of that grinding. I flinch when I think about it. Never again, my friend, never ever. Lolol.

I was going to put a post up the mando helmet after Halloween as think the helmet may be of interest since material is out of the ordinary. I searched and I have not found any other helmets done using wood as a material. The end result is bomb proof & unlike paper. You could run head first into a wall and the wall would break before the helmet were to be damaged. It was super rewarding taking what I've learned here and putting a different spin on it.

I need all the time between now and Halloween to finish this years costume, but I will get a post going after that. I doubt I'll have time before then. I'm testing out a bluetooth wireless com system and voice changer set up that incorporates an iRig, iPod Touch and amplified speakers hidden in the ammo pouches as well.

I too also picked up the Rubies Blasters. They are huge. Too long for my kid to wear so I chopped them down to 1/2 their length. I was having fun and ultimately decided to do something totally custom. Its like a Westar 34's with DL-44 inspired scopes.

It looks like you're getting great result with your choice of silver paints. Did you consider using rub n buff for the metal on the helmet or armor? The result is pretty impressive and surprisingly easy to achieve.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rItYKAEbt90

I'm gonna be following along with you closely here. Good luck!

2 at once!?! Are you CRAZY!? Hah!
It looks like you're getting great result with your choice of silver paints. Did you consider using rub n buff for the metal on the helmet or armor? The result is pretty impressive and surprisingly easy to achieve.

1. Yes I am absolute out of my mind for trying to do. 2 at once
2. I considered rub and buff but wanted something that I could do faster than painting every part by hand. There is also Alclad that looks amazing and can be sprayed from a paint gun but it's like $12 an oz at that price the paint would have been hundreds of $

Now for our updated
helmet paint done
IMG_4979.JPG
Ears are done and the primer is drying now, here they are before any paint.
IMG_4978.JPG
Got all the armor on the vest
IMG_4977.JPG
And the jet pack paint is done
IMG_4948.JPG
The molds for the blaster parts are curing so hopefully I will be able to cast this weekend. Working on the holsters on lunch today and will assemble the range finder tonight! Almost there!

I'm almost there! Only need to assemble the helmet and weather everything!
here are all the finished helmet pieces
IMG_5002.JPG
Now on to the blasters! I first tried to make a mold using 100% silicon catalized with dish soap, I had read an Instructables about it and wanted to give it a try, it didn't go well. So I picked up some brush on silicon for molding, with a coupon it was only like $9 for a big tub. I just wish I wasn't in a hurry or I would have done about twice the coats. I would have also thought through the construction a little better as well, but oh well I guess I know for next time. As a side note masking tape isn't exactly the best mold jacket but it was fast and held the molds ridged.
IMG_4988.JPG
I didn't have proper casting plastic resin but I did have polyester resin for fiberglass and Bondo, so I mixed small batches of 50/50 "Rondo" and slush cast these. After giving these a few hours and making sure they were cured I pulled the first part, and amazingly it wasn't bad!
IMG_4989.JPG
The other 2 parts were a bit ruffer but at this point they will have to do.
IMG_4990.JPG
After a little clean up I backfilled these with gorilla glue so the expanding foam would fill all the open area, good idea just don't over do it or you will have pockets of in cured glue that will come out at some point.
I then covered the pen ends and drilled a 5/8" hole in the center to allow the parts to attach to the 5/8" dowel that will go through the barrel.
and here it is assembled!
IMG_4993.JPG
I came up with a unique holding fixture for these, a little tube with tape on the ends, and using the blasters to counterweight each other.
IMG_4994.JPG
And here they are all finished!
IMG_4997.JPG
Also the belt and holsters are done but I didn't get a picture. I'm excited to do the weathering tonight and call this one done!

Blasters have been the deciding figures for me on whether or not to do a Jango later on. This is a wayyy better solution for temporary blasters!!

Thanks,
Alex

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

Blasters have been the deciding figures for me on whether or not to do a Jango later on. This is a wayyy better solution for temporary blasters!!

Thanks,
Alex

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk
I like these way better than just using plastic ones, they have weight and a nice feel, and the metal barrel really sells them, if I were to do a really nice set for myself I think I would cast the round bits and the grips in pewter, then use aluminum and brass for the barrel and holder.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back