Chewbacca Finished 1/1 costume..Pics relinked from photbucket to imgur!

Re: Chewbacca build- Finished 1/1 costume..New pics added today!

So I've decided to sculpt and produce a new mask with episode 7 looming.
My intention is to make it more accurate. This involved even more research and study.
So the first stage is a sculpt..

Last edited by a moderator:

Heres from a midnight toys r us force friday event. I was trooping with the Elstree base rebel legion.

414E0710-EA0F-4B3A-BEA3-94E73FFCA4CC.png_zpsstmq6nir.jpeg

I've seen you've used platsil gel 10, would you know if it is better or as good as smooth-on's 'mold star 20T' silicone?

I've seen you've used platsil gel 10, would you know if it is better or as good as smooth-on's 'mold star 20T' silicone?

Hi Joe...i Couldn't advise about the difference as i have not tried the mold star 20t. Platsil do a gel 00 as well. The industry tends to use these for prosthetic work due to their ease of mix 50/50 and the shoreness of the product ..i.e stretch but with strength for realistic skin

I love your Chewy man, you got the face right and the fur isn't all fluffy like alot of the suits you see. I saw on rebel legion you posted your new face sculpt progress, any updates?
Thank you for that..greatly appreciated. In answer to your question, the sculpt is being molded and waxed before doing the next fibreglassing for the inner part. It been delayed due to other work commitments .

I will*post up anything new as soon as.

Thanks again

cheers

Thank you, one more thing I'm trying to figure out is the sound box, I'd like for the sound to play when the mouth opens. I have found some boxes that come with buttons to play sound, do you have a tutorial on how to configure this?

if your good at electronics, there is a micro switch that you can add to the jaw mech to add random samples to when you open chewies mouth...

Taken on monday at a High profile Disney event in the south of France (cannes) for a media event.

WF7ngbt.jpg

Here was the bar...

jf1JK9i.jpg

Ln2VjZJ.jpg

CqJZip5.jpg

some life size props from Pinewood studios imported from the uk

XP2nGMK.jpg

Last edited:

A quick n dirty video to give you an essence.

Ive also done a slowed down version of the trailer for checking out details...in HD

A nice bit of the new chewbacca in action

Phenomenal work on that suit, dude! Loads of love obviously gone into the making of that thing!
And loving that new Verizon ad lol

Thank you sir,,

did you ever finish yours>?

Im just making a third mask now from scratch...new sculpt ...new underskull..new teeth/gums and pallet.

cheers for the kind words

Hi all
I was proud to be part of the Biker scout helmet project.

This project was endorsed by lucasfilm and we had to sign a ton of paperwork. The proceeds go to "force for change" and the charity pot goes to make a wish.

Obviously I chose chewbacca as thats my passion and the biker scout helmet kits were kindly supplied by R.S props. This project was endorsed by Peter mayhew as well.

I cant share the pics as lucasfilm own them now. Heres a link for the Celebration europe page were they will be on display...

http://www.starwarscelebration.com/Events/Events-A-H/Biker-Scout-Helmet-Project/

and a link to the live auction....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/No-9-CHEW...413262?hash=item33babf064e:g:lkYAAOSw-4BXa6L9

Please excuse the wait whilst I move all my photos over from Photobucket to imgur, and re-edit all the thread with updated links.

Cheers

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back