Star Wars Battlefront: Phase Zero Dark trooper

Haha! It is indeed a huge bucket. But it make fitting in electronics easier! :)
Looks like it's coming along well though.

I followed your guidelines and quickly drew this. This is going to be epic.

View attachment 639345

The long bit at the back reminds me of a roman helm.

View attachment 639346

Nice one TK thanks for the drawing! I do have to add about 20mm or so to the back so it will affect that top angle a bit. But yeah it's a monster I had already added about 15mm of length and 40mm of width from my donor bucket (which is probably 5%) bigger than a regular tk bucket. But that's how it scales out in the drawings and it fits with the armour so theoretically it should work :)

Great pick up with the roman helmet I wouldn't be surprised if that was part of the original inspiration

- - - Updated - - -

I bet same thing said imperial engenire who desigh that:lol

Do you plan to vacuform final element?

Yeah it's going to be a three piece helmet plus ears. So I'll make a flange that tucks under that huge flare piece. I'll use the 9mm mdf profile as a guide for that piece so they 'should' fit together perfectly (ha ha).

Overall the size of it is kind of freaking me out a bit but I'm going to keep going and get it roughed out hopefully by the end of next week stay tuned!

Did you want the pep file for the helmet? I have that in a PDF, just needs to be printed, cut and assembled.

If you remember, I did something similar- I tried to modify an existing FX helmet and spent hours trying to sculpt that rear fin part. I think if you take the pep model and modify it by cutting it down into three pieces-face, dome and rear- it'd work for vac-forming.

However, the thing to be worried about is that fin. When I did make a few test pulls, it was incredibly thin at the top, so whatever plastic you're using needs to be thicker.

Last edited:
Hey man yeah I remember you took that approach too. The helmet pep would be great to have. I'm fairly well into this approach so I'll stick with it and see what happens and if it doesn't work I'll go to pep :)

I'm going for a 'top-down' form for the bucket and that should help with the thickness of the fin and I'll be able to avoid undercuts like you get on a tk. The face plate is going to be interesting!

Not much progress on the bucket but I managed to pull a couple of forms today: here are the prototype abplate lower back/butt. They came out good a couple of dings here and there to smooth out but otherwise they look right.

20160701_144941%20640x405_zpsnk0atppb.jpg

They are slightly wider than a TK but not too much as I want to make sure the chest plate and shoulder bells give the armour a top heavy look like the game figure. You can't see it in my crap pic I took but there are some faint lines on the groin plate to separate the gun metal from the grey when it comes to paint

Awesome! These troopers have a very stormtrooper/clone look to them. :thumbsup

Cheers Tk yeah they are a good blend I reckon; you can see the clone and stormtrooper influence in the armour and that fits nicely with the backstory if you're into that sort of thing :)

I've got a bit of mucking around with the chest and backpack to make sure they line up properly but I'm pretty close to a finished prototype whoo hoo!

- - - Updated - - -

Great job so far. Looking forward to seeing the final product.

Thanks Skittle me too! Two or three more things and we'll be in great shape :)

took a couple of pics of the two armour pieces taped together. They line up nicely, the curvature looks about right so on to the next ones! I got the first nipple I mean bolt out as well as a belt box and a the top of the jetpack. They all look fine I'm going to adjust the jetpack centre detail a bit (looks too blocky) and put everything on boards so I have a cleaner bottom edge and I might back fill the bolt to get a slightly deeper hole in it.

20160704_135406%20508x640_zpszamg8jwe.jpg

20160704_135358%20471x640_zpsoldzjss7.jpg

20160704_135349%20523x640_zpsbp0vyc61.jpg

20160704_135418%20444x640_zpssfhmfffi.jpg

ok more pics soon.

Nice:) it is a plesure to watch such clean work on such intresting costiume.

Are you planing to add lights into "nipples"?

Nice:) it is a plesure to watch such clean work on such intresting costiume.

Are you planing to add lights into "nipples"?

Bolts Delta they're bolts mate :)

I think I'll leave that sort of stuff for now my personal preference would be to draw the eye away from the nipp...I mean bolts as all agree they are probably the worst part of the suit :) I'd rather light the eyes or something but I don't know where I got that idea from

Right Bolts:) Well it would be wired to have a nipple on knee :lol
Phase 3 Dark Trooper is all glowy in red like bad, gunmetal christmas tree. But zero also have some red in there. Any way, glowin or not it would be awsome.

Right Bolts:) Well it would be wired to have a nipple on knee :lol
Phase 3 Dark Trooper is all glowy in red like bad, gunmetal christmas tree. But zero also have some red in there. Any way, glowin or not it would be awsome.

Yeah knee bolts makes sense. Knee nipples? That's just weird sounds like something out of Ren and Stimpy

- - - Updated - - -

The 3d file from Battlefront is available here"
http://www.models-resource.com/pc_computer/starwarsbattlefront/model/8514/
Awesome work by the way.

Thanks Quint89 yeah I did find that file it had those awesome 'unfolded' files (I dk what they are called) which has been a huge help cheers!

ok small update from yesterday. I ended up removing the bucket casting from the wooden former and changing the angle quite drastically. I just missed it last time and ended up having the return edge of the fin parallel with the horizontal lines on the bucket :eek:. So I cut the bugger off, broke a bit in doing so, glued it back together repositioned the bucket and reglued.

I repositioned the traps further back so I can reuse that detail and they will match my decals.

It's instantly looking a lot better, the angles are better, more interesting and it will emphasise the 'no neck' look of the figure.

I'm going to try and make time to chuck some bog on it today and a quick sand.

20160705_161142%20640x391_zpsg9n9rr6t.jpg

Hey does anyone know what to do for clone trooper boots?

ok small update from yesterday. I ended up removing the bucket casting from the wooden former and changing the angle quite drastically. I just missed it last time and ended up having the return edge of the fin parallel with the horizontal lines on the bucket :eek:. So I cut the bugger off, broke a bit in doing so, glued it back together repositioned the bucket and reglued.

I repositioned the traps further back so I can reuse that detail and they will match my decals.

It's instantly looking a lot better, the angles are better, more interesting and it will emphasise the 'no neck' look of the figure.

I'm going to try and make time to chuck some bog on it today and a quick sand.

http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums...ooper/20160705_161142 640x391_zpsg9n9rr6t.jpg

Hey does anyone know what to do for clone trooper boots?

Looks very good!!

For boots I would recommend looking through

http://www.imperialboots.com/#

They can take custom orders as well. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Are these the type of boots you are looking for? Grey of course. ;)

CT00-1-600x600.jpg

Hey Tk yeah I think so I'm hoping there might be something out there I can buy rather than have to fabricate something. Thanks for the link I will check it out cheers!

small update. The bucket is shaping up nicely just a few more details to sharpen up and the usual sanding. I'm going to make the flare underneath next and then finally finally the faceplate. I figure it's better to have the bucket ready to build the faceplate up to.

The flare is surprisingly thick at the faceplate end of if (70mm) so it will lengthen the helmet considerably.

20160706_165849%20640x458_zpsec4jdo8l.jpg

The bucket is just slightly smaller than the template I'm using so it should be damned close after vac forming.

ok more updates soon!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back