The Expanse: Props & Found Parts

Re: The Expanse: Prop Weapons

My new car has a small LCD screen, used for displaying the back-up camera image & various stats & such. Perhaps your vehicle has something similar?

... I've been experimenting with my 'wallpaper' options ...

-MJ

Attachments

• IMG_0155.jpg
    IMG_0155.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 240

My new car has a small LCD screen, used for displaying the back-up camera image & various stats & such. Perhaps your vehicle has something similar?

... I've been experimenting with my 'wallpaper' options ...

-MJ

Strap a few GAS TANKS to the side of her and camouflage her to look like a GAS HAULER !

Course you will need the MARTIAN Navy Gatling Gun options on your (gunship).

We need a PHONE APP for the Car:

It would be funny to ADD MENU options like Target Lock - Open Airlock - Fire Torpedoes - Release Docking Clamps. Someone should market an idea for NOVEL programmable features and sounds in the car navigational GPS or Electronic options menu. Instead of an open door warning bell - the Computer would announce - HULL BREACH DETECTED.

There has to be a PHONE APP !!! An "Expanse" Phone App you can mount in your car. Hit the button on the APP and receive the transmission from Holden's broadcast - "Remember the CANT !" I wish I could write code . . . . .

LOVE THE WALLPAPER !!!

"Screw this gas hauler BS!"

In case anyone hasn't seen this yet: one of the show's VFX crew posted this size chart for the ships & stations. The Tachi / Roci is listed as 46 meters (151 ft).

Attachments

• Ship Sizes Retouched.jpg
    Ship Sizes Retouched.jpg
    428.5 KB · Views: 2,959

Cetainly looks that way. An airsoft is needed, methinks.
There is one actually, by Iron Airsoft. Supposedly only 200 made (20DS model only) and retails for over $700! Sketchy as hell as there are literally no pictures or reviews of it outside of what the manufacturer gave out and the only store that carried it eventually dropped it to $400 and was shortly sold out. Not actually sure if they sold out, if they were pulled from stock, or never existed to begin with because there are still no pics/vids of the ones that were presumably sold.

There is one actually, by Iron Airsoft. Supposedly only 200 made (20DS model only) and retails for over $700! Sketchy as hell as there are literally no pictures or reviews of it outside of what the manufacturer gave out and the only store that carried it eventually dropped it to $400 and was shortly sold out. Not actually sure if they sold out, if they were pulled from stock, or never existed to begin with because there are still no pics/vids of the ones that were presumably sold.

The Airsoft Rhino was produced. I own one. I will post a picture of it. it could be cast and the Long Barrel Scratch built to piece together Millers Pistol. Yes the retail was $ 700.00. The Real gun retails for about $ 900.00 to $ 1100.00 if you can find it in stock. There may be less than five hundred Airsoft Rhino's ever produced.

Last edited:
ProtoGEN Advanced Assault Rifle

OK - I could not wait. I bought the Airsoft Guns that are the Base guns for the Second ProtoGEN Rifle. Be here in a week. Build pictures will follow.

s-l500.jpg s-l1600.jpg

Just going to do a single Scratch Build to modify it to the Rifle.

The ProtoGEN Magpul FSP Rifle/Pistol will be done in a 3D model. The Shell will be made in a one time Scratch build over reproduction Magul FSP. I don't think the $ 50 reproduction is 1:1 Scale - I think they made it into a 2:3 scale "toy" size. But I need to check that out. I am not cannibalizing my FSP for this rifle. But i might reproduce it.

I and experimenting with the Star Helix kit.

"Remember the CANT ! " -

Last edited:

Yaay! I posted some screencaps of the grenade launcher here: https://gndn.wordpress.com/2016/02/13/the-expanse-protogen-grenade-launchers/

And here: https://gndn.wordpress.com/2016/01/17/the-expanse-bad-guy-weapons/

You can see in the newer caps that the launchers have some subtle graphics on them. I suspect the pistols / rifles do as well.

It's possible there are more found parts on the launchers, but it's hard to tell given the quality of the images.

the screen caps are AWESOME !!! We are going to figure out these details. I will post pictures as things progress. I am prepping the Martian main pistol - have to buy some more clay. I am still working on the specs for the Martian pistol and measurements.

Thanks Mike !

Gordon

After much Googling, I managed to ID the base of the explosive charge the 'rockhopper' Diogo plants for Uncle Mateo.

It is a Benro monopod base, model VT2. MSRP $34 US. It's not even painted :)

This appears to be substantially similar to the Benro ST1, so either may be a safe bet, though the ST1 seem to be slightly more expensive. They may differ in size or materials.

I still do not know exactly which lamp was used.

Attachments

• VT2 from B&H.jpg
    VT2 from B&H.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 155
ProtoGEN Rifle/Pistol - Magpul FPG Photos

Attached are some detail shots of the Magpul FPG airsoft version they used as a base gun for the Protogen Rifle. The pistol is unique and has a folding stock. I have seen used ones on Ebay. I have also seen that if the rifle is used in the field - some players break off the folding stock. I have seen broken ones on Ebay for 1/3 the original price as a "for parts item." A broken one with the stock snapped off could be converted to the Protogen Pistol version. Although it is possible to remove the stock - it is not designed to do that.
Here are some pictures:
IMG_2069.JPGIMG_2070.JPGIMG_2071.JPGIMG_2072.JPGIMG_2073.JPGIMG_2075.JPGIMG_2074.JPGIMG_2077.JPGIMG_2078.JPG

A source from INSIDE tells me they start shooting the new season in mid-April.

Last edited:

Uniformed Star Helix Belt Flashlight

These appear to be the FoxFury 300-010 "Scout Tasker Fire" in the black case, or the "Scout Tasker Safety" 300-004. There are 3 similar models with special wavelength LEDs that are twice the price. The baseline models retail for $49 US.

-MJ

Attachments

• sh-uni-belt-stuff.jpg
    sh-uni-belt-stuff.jpg
    508.5 KB · Views: 206
  • [300-004]_SCOUT_TF_BLACK_CASE_SA02_WEBT-600x600.png
    [300-004]_SCOUT_TF_BLACK_CASE_SA02_WEBT-600x600.png
    200.1 KB · Views: 174
  • [300-010]_SCOUT_TF_BLACK_CASE_SA01_WEBT-600x600.png
    [300-010]_SCOUT_TF_BLACK_CASE_SA01_WEBT-600x600.png
    192.3 KB · Views: 176

Eros Civilian Flashlight

The Erotian civilian we meet is carrying a large, yellow flashlight on his belt. It is the FoxFury BT2 in yellow. MSRP $142 US.

He is also carrying one of the Scout Tasker flashlights.

-MJ

Attachments

• 380BT2YE_BT2YELLOW_SA2_NW_WEBW-600x600.jpg
    380BT2YE_BT2YELLOW_SA2_NW_WEBW-600x600.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 184
  • shot0077.png
    shot0077.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 198

Working on various props. Issues are resolved.

In surfing the Web for ALL THINGS - Expanse - I stumbled across a free download site for 3D models of various EXPANSE prop including LOGOS and the Rocinate.

(oops - looks like I was the last one on the internet to find this like. Looks like many others have already posted it.)

ENJOY: http://www.thingiverse.com/Syfy/designs

Last edited:

Working on various props. Issues are resolved.

In surfing the Web for ALL THINGS - Expanse - I stumbled across a free download site for 3D models of various EXPANSE prop including LOGOS and the Rocinate.

(oops - looks like I was the last one on the internet to find this like. Looks like many others have already posted it.)

ENJOY: http://www.thingiverse.com/Syfy/designs

Ummm..... http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=232184&page=2&p=3914398#post3914398

Post #79

Roughneckone:cool

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back