Alien / Nostromo Uniforms

Hi guys, this may seem a strange request, seeing what we normally do to MK3 jackets, but can someone provide a decent photo showing exactly how the hood is attached to the jacket? I have dyed my last remaining MK3 and it's hood (the hood was separated by the previous owner) black for a more urban-style jacket project that i am doing.

Many thanks!

First prototype for our wings patch:

alien-wings-prototype_zpswoufbog7.jpg

Hi guys, this may seem a strange request, seeing what we normally do to MK3 jackets, but can someone provide a decent photo showing exactly how the hood is attached to the jacket? I have dyed my last remaining MK3 and it's hood (the hood was separated by the previous owner) black for a more urban-style jacket project that i am doing.

Many thanks!

It comes out of the zipper in the back of the collar.

Thanks for helping but i know that it does that, i need to see where exactly it is stitched. ie under top zipper lip or above the white inner liner etc.
A photo showing the join position is really what i am looking for.

Cheers!

If that's cotton it would take dye better than the ream MKIII. What was the price on those?

I'll likely leave it khaki and make some WY variant. $14 Salvation Army store

Very nice!

Does the jacket have any searchable info on the labels?

Sorry no. Just care instructions.

Thanks for helping but i know that it does that, i need to see where exactly it is stitched. ie under top zipper lip or above the white inner liner etc.
A photo showing the join position is really what i am looking for.

Zipper open from back; hood up
20170220_232405_zpswivalzhk.jpg

Zipper open from back; hood down
20170220_232331_zps0norwin6.jpg

Last edited:
Hey folks, I haven't posted here in a dog's age, but I've been slowly making a Brett costume and recently hit on a pretty good match for the iconic aloha shirt:

20170413_165643-01.jpeg

The blue Nostromo trousers, sneakers, hat and jacket were all assembled by me. I'm prepping to take a second stab at the jacket actually. This is a seriously comfy costume, too bad most folks have no idea who I'm supposed to be. I wore this (with a previous shirt) for Halloween a few years back and folks thought I was either Fletch (ironic!), Michael Gross' "Burt Gummer" from Tremors! Still, I hit up a midnight double feature of Alien and Aliens in this and will probably wear it for Alien: Covenant too.

Anyway, this shirt is modern judging by the tag inside, so there must be more out there!

Looks great. Harry Dean Stanton always looked really haggard, I think you'd have to damage your health for authenticity's sake.

Ha! Yes, Harry really has a look to him. He also had ten years on me when they shot Alien in '78. Here's hoping (for my wife's sake) that I don't look that gaunt at 50!

hi everyone, i´m a silent long time reader of this thread and finaly managed to finish my crew jacket and pants. just wanted to thank you guys for your instpiration (and my mom for helping me sewing all that stuff together...)

i attached some pictures to let you know how it turns out. it´s absolutely not screen accurate but i love it how it is. even the "cheap" patches from ebay turned out well for me.

greetings from germany. i hope my english is acceptable :)

DSC_0331.JPGDSC_0332.JPGDSC_0333.JPGDSC_0334.JPGDSC_0335.JPGDSC_0336.JPG

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back