ANH Escape pod ID help

Sparky70

Hi, Been gathering parts for the Escape pod recently and have been unable to find this part or parts? In any of the kits I have, would love to know what it's from or just a point in the right direction would be massively appreciated:thumbsup image.jpegimage.jpeg

Theres a good Parts Maps thread or few through here also that would be handy. Your going to need some Sea Lab aswell.

Last edited:
Theres a good Parts Maps thread or few through here also that would be handy. Your going to need some Sea Lab aswell.
Got a sealab:thumbsupHaven't found any maps on here though, just looking for a couple of parts now so it would be great if someone could post a map or enlighten me as to where to look for these parts arrowedimage.jpegthe parts on each side of the kenworth chassis.

I would just like to thank Big Dog for sending me a parts map which was a massive help :thumbsup, and thank you to Boba Flint, It's good to know there are people out there that are willing to help with these projects:thumbsup

It's a paint bucket. Although I think it's plastic wrapped around a foam filled bucket. However I'm no expert on the escape pod.

In talking with Jonathan Erland, one of the original ANH model makers, he remembered it as being a empty greasy Kentucky Fried Chicken bucket! A 5 quart paper paint bucket is a pretty good substitute. Of course, if you wanted to be 100 percent accurate, there's always EBay...

Last edited:
I talking with Jonathan Erland, one of the original ANH model makers, he remembered it as being a empty greasy Kentucky Fried Chicken bucket! A 5 quart paper paint bucket is a pretty good substitute. Of course, if you wanted to be 100 percent accurate, there's always EBay...

You could also try a 5-lb bucket from a restaurant supplier, and avoid that old chicken grease smell on your studio scale model... but I don't know if this bucket is exactly the same shape/size/angle as the original, so I'm only speculating. But if anyone does buy a set, you can count me in for five of them to help offset your cost.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back