Large scale Millennium Falcon Kit ID's**New Maps at start of thread**

Interested only in 5 foot printout outputs, what people actually receive rather than 3D digital previews , I've been stung before
here you go image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Hi,

I'm trying to find some time to revisit the Falcon maps and am working on a new more expansive version of MF011. I'm basically trying to rationalise the maps and do fewer bigger ones with close up sections featured, like I did with the underside MF027. This is where I'm at with the map so far. Not labelled anything up yet.

MF011_New-WIP.jpg

However, I've hit bit of a wall trying to ID the parts noted below. The two long sections look to be cut down from a chassis, but not any of the known AMT trucks as the part just has a lip on one side which overhangs the edge. Also, that pesky little box at the front is eluding me. Does anyone have this ID'd?

MF0011_Parts_query.jpg

Many thanks

Nick

Attachments

• MF011_New-WIP.jpg
    MF011_New-WIP.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 246
Your maps so far are epic, if these new maps are to cover the areas around the pits and the skin of the craft in general I wouldn't make them too big that the details are lost,
i would prefer hull halves so that there is not too many details, it really depends on what your after is it to have as many in one image , I would prefer clarity of the details over having them all on one image, and there is a lot of them,

Hi

The full rez version of this image is pretty big and you can zoom right into details. I'll be doing 'box out' close ups for areas that are not immediately obvious. They just take so much time to do.

I hope someone can help me out with those mystery parts though. I'll have a look for that grill that was queried in the maintenance pit.

Nick

Hi

The full rez version of this image is pretty big and you can zoom right into details. I'll be doing 'box out' close ups for areas that are not immediately obvious. They just take so much time to do.

I hope someone can help me out with those mystery parts though. I'll have a look for that grill that was queried in the maintenance pit.

Nick
i hadn't noticed the quality of the image, now it makes perfect sense , thanks Gort

Thanks Craig. I was looking back through previous posts prior to dusting things off again on the Falcon, and you are like the guardian angel of this thread. Either you know what something is already..or you go and damn well find it in nothing flat! :)

I had been looking specifically at the Fruehauf scans on Studioscale modeler but couldn't see those parts. I wonder if some chassis parts are missing from the pics?..or I'm just going blind. Appreciate the note on the Porsche. Another one to add to the list...

Cheers
Nick

Nick, you need the Fruehauf Tanker and Tamiya Porsche 910.

Craig

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back