Westworld (HBO)

I got it for season 1 but this time jumping all over the place is driving me nuts this season. I like it so far but I don't love it like I did season 1.

I got it for season 1 but this time jumping all over the place is driving me nuts this season. I like it so far but I don't love it like I did season 1.

I said the same thing last night. Its actually getting really frustrating.

I said the same thing last night. Its actually getting really frustrating.

I never know for sure what timeline we are in with Bernard with the jumping around and then you have to wait a week or more to continue some scenes. I know this happened in season 1 but that was before we knew for sure that we were seeing different time lines and it moved the story forward or backward as the case may be.

Loved seeing Raj World and White Stripes on sitar!

As for the "jumping around"...technically we did that in season 1 with William, you just didn't know it was William yet, and they we were jumping between 2 separate time lines. That's kind of the show's thing, to shift your attention and keep you guessing as to what is really going on.

Loved seeing Raj World and White Stripes on sitar!

As for the "jumping around"...technically we did that in season 1 with William, you just didn't know it was William yet, and they we were jumping between 2 separate time lines. That's kind of the show's thing, to shift your attention and keep you guessing as to what is really going on.

Exactly.

I haven't found it too difficult to tell which timeline we are in this year.

Dolores and Arnold is clearly WAAAY back in the beginning of the park. Young William is clearly back in the day. Then there's the two timelines in the more current park, the one that's right after the robot uprising...the one that currently has Bernard hanging out with Dolores...and the one that's roughly two weeks ahead of that one, the one that has Bernard with the tactical team.

One thing that I've found to be really insightful is to read the EW.com recap that's up almost immediately after the show airs. I watch the show at least twice every week...once with my wife, then again on my own when I can pause and rewind and stuff as need be. Between the two viewings I always read that EW.com recap...it helps me notice things in the second viewing that I may have missed in the first.

Here's a link to the recap from last night:
http://ew.com/recap/westworld-virtu-fortuna-episode-3/

I have a hard time remembering where people are and especially when to look exactly the same in different timelines. I feel like they turned it up even higher this season by adding more. If it keeps up, ill probably ditch it until I can binge watch them.

I have a hard time remembering where people are and especially when to look exactly the same in different timelines. I feel like they turned it up even higher this season by adding more. If it keeps up, ill probably ditch it until I can binge watch them.

That's a great idea. Then you don't have to wait a few weeks to pick up a timeline you may be wondering what happens next.

So on my second watch last night, I noticed the girl we were introduced to in The Raj had a notebook that she wasn’t letting the guy see. When they get to the spot where the guy gets killed she’s looking at it, and it looks like a hand drawn map. There’s a weird little symbol in the corner of the page. That same symbol seems to pop up right as Bernard finally cracks the code to access Peter Abernathy’s system. At least, they looked similar to me.

I dont know why, but I suddenly got the feeling that she is William’s daughter...the little girl that told Dolores she was beautiful when Dolores was playing piano in the “real world” in that flashback.

Well, they settled that theory I had pretty quick.

Tonight’s episode blew me away. I mean, we knew Delos was up to something...but I hadn’t really given much thought to THAT particular idea.

I’ve gotta get to bed...wife has surgery scheduled really early tomorrow...but I’ll be giving this one another watch in the next day or so, then probably a third this coming weekend.

I read your prediction like an hour before the episode and instantly thought it had to be correct. The setup/hints with showing her young beforehand etc are right in line with how the show does things. Then the "previously on westworld" happens. Starts with her reaching westworld, then next clip is the Man in Black talking about his wife and daughter. that alone was pure confirmation for me.

Even knowing all that, the ending scene with them was emotional as all hell

This episode was definitely the best of the season thus far! So excellent!

William's narrative is just getting better and better.

They're also definitely delving into the premise of 'Futureworld', as I've seen predicted in several podcasts.

The possible end game being that 'The Door' for William is a clone of his younger self. Ford's game leads William to the figurative door of consciousness that Arnold found in Dolores. All this time that William was working on the consciousness transplant for Delos, Ford figured it out. The Door leads him back to Dolores, as he becomes a host himself only with his own mind attached. Dolores, being the Judas Steer mentioned. She and William together, are the saviors of both worlds; the synthetic and the biological.

Last edited:
Re: HBO gives us a "Westworld" remake as a series!

I was rewatching the second episode of the season, and I think I may have discovered a RIS Battlestar Galactica reference. I could be very wrong on this, but at the start of the retirement party flashback, just before we see Dolores playing the piano, we follow behind a blond woman in white (and we learn all the hosts are dressed in white). From behind, with the hair style and color, the host we follow has a very striking similar appearance to the Cylon Model Six and all of her copies. I could very well be wrong, but it would be a nice littler Easter egg if it's true (as both shows are dealing with artificial intelligence battling against humanity).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lots of traction to the “Bernard is Teddy” theory going around, but I’m not buying it.

The way Bernard looks at Teddy’s dead body both times he’s seen it so far this season don’t seem to me like someone looking at their own corpse...they seem like someone looking at the corpse of someone they know and love...the way Dolores would look at Teddy.

My personal ridiculous theory is that if Bernard is anyone other than Bernard, he’s actually got Dolores’s conscience inside him.

The idea uses some of the same evidence as the “Bernard is Teddy” theory, specifically a scene in season one wheee the sherrif tells Teddy something along the lines of “Wyatt makes his men where the flesh of others,” and Teddy responds “Those are just masks, it’s the man under the mask you need to worry about.”

So if Dolores transplanted, or copied, her own mind into Betnard’s body it would give her the ability to get into places that she normally wouldn’t have been able to...basically to infiltrate the higher ups that are sweeping the park.

It also lends credence to “Bernard” saying he killed all the hosts that are floating in the lake. In this week’s episode Dolores talks about killing the week animals in her father’s herd so that the herd itself can survive...Dolores knows she’s going to have to kill the weak hosts so that the “herd” can survive. So it wasn’t Bernard who killed those hosts in the lake, it was Dolores.

Just my take on a wild theory.

I wasn't too thrilled with the last episode. I'm not a big fan of Shogun World but it was funny to see how they used the same characters in both worlds and their reactions to each other. I also have to say I have not liked some of the things they have Delores doing this season, especially what happened with Teddy, but I'm guessing all will be explained in season 7 or so.

I wasn't too thrilled with the last episode. I'm not a big fan of Shogun World but it was funny to see how they used the same characters in both worlds and their reactions to each other. I also have to say I have not liked some of the things they have Delores doing this season, especially what happened with Teddy, but I'm guessing all will be explained in season 7 or so.

I enjoyed this week’s episode more on my second viewing. I think the first time through I wasn’t fully prepared to spend half of the episode reading subtitles. The second time I could pay attention to the details s bit more because I already had a general idea of what the dialogue was.

I’ve got mixed feeling about Dolores right now. They are certainly doing a good job of making her an unsympathetic character...but I’m guessing that’s by design. With season three already having been announced, you’re probably right that they won’t finish up this evil Dolores idea for a while. I’d prefer her going back to being out good guy, but I don’t see that happening anytime soon.

I enjoyed this week’s episode more on my second viewing. I think the first time through I wasn’t fully prepared to spend half of the episode reading subtitles. The second time I could pay attention to the details s bit more because I already had a general idea of what the dialogue was.

I’ve got mixed feeling about Dolores right now. They are certainly doing a good job of making her an unsympathetic character...but I’m guessing that’s by design. With season three already having been announced, you’re probably right that they won’t finish up this evil Dolores idea for a while. I’d prefer her going back to being out good guy, but I don’t see that happening anytime soon.

I'll give it another watch to see if I like it any better. It could have been the subtitles which I absolutely hated in Star Trek Discovery and hope they do away with them in future seasons. I like what some movies do where they start out with subtitles and then shift over to speaking english but you know in reality they are still speaking a foreign language.

I'm the opposite, I can't stand when they switch from subtitles to randomly speaking in English. I find it takes away from the over all experience.

As for Dolores' story arch, it's all still playing within the 'Journey into Night' narrative. Ford did all of this.

Bernard/Teddy doesn't make too much sense, but I do believe that Ford might have linked Bernard's coding to Dolores somehow, due to her history with Arnold. If you paid close attention to the ending scene as the employee opened Teddy's coding, he puts his aggression all the way up and the compassion completely down. Effectively making him a kamikazi host.

Suffering is the route to consciousness, as it's been expressed several times. Same with Maeve and her daughter's narrative. Ford saw deep suffering in both of these hosts making them perfect catalysts for a revolution.

The 'Judas steer' theory still holds, as Dolores leads her people to the slaughter to thin out the herd and bring a better world. The 'Door' theory was further proven with Delos and consciousness transfusion.

I'm waiting for the episode where William and Dolores are reunited. They are each other's salvation in the end....that's one theory at least. It will probably completely 360.

I do love Maeve being able to hack into the host wifi mesh network now too! They're also doing some interesting things with wardrobe this season. Dolores stays in the same costume, where as Maeve (her 'awake' host counter part), has been changing wardrobe. Or rather, evolving as a character maybe? What that could possibly mean down the road, I have no idea other than Maeve seems to want to go to greater lengths in discovery and in the finding of her daughter or love. Where as Dolores' narrative is to destroy and Thanos the world in a way she sees fit. They both want revenge, but Maeve seems to be the more logical of the two of them. And now the more powerful. Something tells me she won't be able to touch Dolores though.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back