Rey's Saber contest winner announced

Re: Rey's Saber contest Voting page. Photos are now up

I have to say that all of these are awesome. All Have the look and feel of Star Wars. My vote is for M. To me it seams like something she would build.

I can’t wait to show my build thread, this is a really great little comp thread

D gets me my vote.
Big ups to those who participated in/organized this competition!

The tension is killing me.
I hope there’s a mass influx of voting on the last day that turns this competition upside down

75EE391D-1321-4DD6-B89D-B636E843A64F.jpeg

Last edited:

It came down to E or K for me and I will go with E...GREAT job everyone!!!

Also interested in a Rey staff/saber contest!

The winner will be announced Sunday , however, it looks as if M has ran away with it. Goes to show everyone that the Graflex is still king.
The Graflex is undoubtedly the best for Luke’s saber, but unsure that Ray should use it as her own saber, she now has her own identity and her own path to follow, hopefully the next saber that is designed for her really stands out and will have the iconic look and feel to it over the years, just like Luke’s King Graflex

I find your lack of faith disturbing, M is not the one you are looking for, there is still time for a change in leadership !! Together D and E could rule the forum and bring peace to the RPF

sorry I couldn’t resist :lol

I'm going to vote for C, I like the not too overt cues taken from the Graflex, but it still feels very Star Wars to me. Great job everyone!

The Graflex is undoubtedly the best for Luke’s saber, but unsure that Ray should use it as her own saber, she now has her own identity and her own path to follow, hopefully the next saber that is designed for her really stands out and will have the iconic look and feel to it over the years, just like Luke’s King Graflex

I find your lack of faith disturbing, M is not the one you are looking for, there is still time for a change in leadership !! Together D and E could rule the forum and bring peace to the RPF

sorry I couldn’t resist :lol

I voted for M, but absolutely loved D and E: both are terrific designs. If M wasn't in the running I totally would have voted for E!

I find your lack of faith disturbing, M is not the one you are looking for, there is still time for a change in leadership !!

My vote for M had nothing to do with it being based on a Graflex and everything to do with the fact that it's the only one I can imagine actually appearing in the next film. (From concept to finish. It tells a story, fits within the established aesthetic world, and has been weathered beautifully.)

My vote for M had nothing to do with it being based on a Graflex and everything to do with the fact that it's the only one I can imagine actually appearing in the next film. (From concept to finish. It tells a story, fits within the established aesthetic world, and has been weathered beautifully.)
Couldn’t agree with you more that was my vote also :thumbsup

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back