ANH Hero DL-44 Discussion - Three ANH Greeblies Found

That's a much better version of that photo than I've ever seen.

I know Dave used to use an off the shelf part...

Chris Reiff has been trying to find an off-the-shelf match. So far in his searching, US standard thumb nuts all seem to have a diamond knurl while metric ones have straight knurl.
Not sure yet if that's a standardized constant or just a coincidence.

200% enlargement just so it's easier to see on screen.

ANH_straightknurl_lg.jpg

Hello all,
I wanted to throw a possible contender for the Straight edged thumbscrew into the ring.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/142477827@N03/albums/72157666092268698

I have attached a link to my flickr album which shows a straight edged thumbscrew that came attached to the bottom of a Kalimar 660 from my Luke ANH Macros build, if one sawed the threaded stem off the back it would have a hole straight through and it fits perfectly onto the DMachinist threaded rod mounted into the Mauser.

The only thing that is off is the spacer on the back side is not the same width or depth as the ones in the photos of the gun.

I'm sure it's not the part, but the props department on Star Wars certainly would have had access to two of these cameras and it never hurts to throw it out there.

Being camera stuff i think it is not metric ..... and i would bet the used ones were metric.

And i bought a good number of Kalimars, and those were not on a single one of them so probably no standard part.

Additional their knurling looks off

I am doing a run of kits now and already did the thumb nuts diamond before you showed this golden nugget.
I will make some steel thumb nuts in a couple weeks.

I was part of the first run you did, DMACHINIST! May I buy two of your new, more accurate screws at some point?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back