Doc Brown's earpiece in BTTF2

MattgomeryBurns

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I didn't see a thread about this, so I figured I start one up.

I'm pretty certain I've identified the earpiece/headset that Doc is wearing in the DeLorean at the beginning of Back to the Future part II. It appears to be a Plantronics StarSet.

s-l1600-3.jpg

Screen Shot 2016-09-09 at 12.53.26 AM.png

EDIT 9/29: the seller below has the incorrect version. See post #57 for the correct one.
There's actually an eBay seller who has a bunch of new deadstock headsets available for $8, so I figured I'd get one to display next to my Doc glasses. If you're interested, search for phillipscomm.

Last edited:

There's actually an eBay seller who has a bunch of new deadstock headsets available for $8, so I figured I'd get one to display next to my Doc glasses. If you're interested, search for phillipscomm.

$47.65 international shipping. Life can be so unjust! :cry

$47.65 international shipping. Life can be so unjust! :cry

Ouch! I'm shipping a Miller Lite can to Spiderstella in the UK because the eBay seller wouldn't ship internationally. Maybe you guys can work something out and split the shipping costs if you wanted me to put in the same package? Then he can send it on to you. I'm happy to help.

The seller accepted my $6 offer too.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's an awesome find!! Totally will try to get one of these now haha!

Asking if the guy would ship via first class maybe... If he agrees, I can try to get another one for you Roland if you want me to!

Ouch! I'm shipping a Miller Lite can to @Spiderstella in the UK because the eBay seller wouldn't ship internationally. Maybe you guys can work something out and split the shipping costs if you wanted me to put in the same package? Then he can send it on to you. I'm happy to help.

The seller accepted my $6 offer too.

Thats cool can you pic one up for me and send it with my can please :) (or 2 if Roland wants one for me to send on to him) BTW where did you get your docs silver glasses from? As yours look good I seen them in one of your pics thanks :)

Thats cool can you pic one up for me and send it with my can please :) (or 2 if Roland wants one for me to send on to him) BTW where did you get your docs silver glasses from? As yours look good I seen them in one of your pics thanks :)

Of course!

And the glasses I got from an eBay seller called b2b-auctions. I think total they were $45 including shipping to me. Lemme know if you want me to grab you a pair too ;)

Of course!

And the glasses I got from an eBay seller called b2b-auctions. I think total they were $45 including shipping to me. Lemme know if you want me to grab you a pair too ;)
What are they like as I only seen them in the corner of one of your pics.... What are they made of? Thanks so much for the help :)

That's an awesome find!! Totally will try to get one of these now haha!

Asking if the guy would ship via first class maybe... If he agrees, I can try to get another one for you Roland if you want me to!

That would be great, if one of you could get me that headset! :)

MattgomeryBurns

Maybe you could get 3 sets and send them to Spiderstella. And he could send one to Emma and one to me. I'm guessing, the split shipping costs from US to UK plus shipping from UK to Germany is still much lower than $47.

@MattgomeryBurns

Maybe you could get 3 sets and send them to Spiderstella. And he could send one to Emma and one to me. I'm guessing, the split shipping costs from US to UK plus shipping from UK to Germany is still much lower than $47.

Sure thing. EmmaInCandyland did you have any luck from the seller? If not I'm happy to send em along with the shipment to Spiderstella.

@MattgomeryBurns

May I add to your list fuys? So we'll pay less shipping :)

I just ordered a set. Does anyone know where I can buy some Doc glasses that are screen accurate and not made from a chrome plastic that you can see through?

I just ordered a set. Does anyone know where I can buy some Doc glasses that are screen accurate and not made from a chrome plastic that you can see through?

If not from plastic, which material did you think of? The screen used glasses are from non-transparent metal.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back