Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread

How sweet is this looking?

Shame I messed it up.

After all the effort to shape it, I realized that I had not left a recess on the back for the strap and if was to add material to make a channel, each cast part gets thicker than they should be as well as heavier.

Even thought I used a special silicone spray designed for polyurethane, it just stuck and would not come off the epoxy master part.

So I decided to make another using the PU this time as it is easier to work when sanding and I had modded the mold to include the recess in the back. It needs a good clean up and then I will make a new mold.

This time I will make the plug in the back first and then used that to seal up the back instead of using clay. I'll end up chopping this mold up and using it as filler for the new one.

I also want to make the part a slight bit bigger than this part is and I will do that by pouring layers of PU over the top rather than sanding first as sanding reduces the size and I need to make sure the new part is the same size as the buckle on the shoe so it fits and covers the the area where they glued the original buckle down.

847bf22308591d0e84694dcf7f39dac3.jpg
097e35e802f52b38a1f3bb94f5742b7e.jpg
82515c9fc96627bac92c6d0f8fecf6bc.jpg
c7c56553132d2750ba1c5fac03d80f00.jpg
6d7f2544fa22b13e5fd011a0f4cc4eb5.jpg
f8074b2053a12a20525132ae13eda4ad.jpg

Last edited:
Where is everyone getting their sole EL replacements from? I think I want to fix it now lol

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

That's a lot of work @cavx just to replace that buckle. Man.

It is but it is also fun for me making this stuff. The more I do the more learn, and its not like this cost me anything as I had all the materials on hand from other projects anyway.

That original master part by the way was thermo formed from multi layers of 3mm Perspex. I found I was able to heat the plastic to about 180 degrees C, and form it inside a big tube. Let that cool, then heat up a 2nd and 3rd layer dropping each into the previous layer before bonding them. Then carved them out starting with a 5" angle grinder.

The other thing I did yesterday was to improve the sole molds. Originally I thought I was up for all new silicone but as it turned out, I was able to polish the inner half (where the glue and rough surface was) with my rotary tool and a ceramic bit.

I have bought more clear rubber and will tint the batch to make the first run of icy blue soles.

Sent from my CPH1701 using Tapatalk

The only thing I like about that cheap D65 casting resin is that you are able to work on it in 10min.

Before and after.
03add1be9cdc6b256be82fd6c6476545.jpg
c439cf3f6b467047885534982ec0849a.jpg

The only thing I like about that cheap D65 casting resin is that you are able to work on it in 10min.

Before and after. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180208/03add1be9cdc6b256be82fd6c6476545.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180208/c439cf3f6b467047885534982ec0849a.jpg

Very nice.
How does it look from side profile?
If you look at the 1989 screen used piece, it is slightly more bulky than even the 2011 reproduction.

The v3 one is totally incorrect in its shape.

So is sneaker ahead pretty much the only place you can be sure you’re getting the V3 and not some other junk? Because that’s a pretty heafty jump in price from the listed retail price of $499 that was meantioned in the first post to what I’m seeing there now at $700+. Does anyone know of another quality supplier?

Very nice.
How does it look from side profile?
If you look at the 1989 screen used piece, it is slightly more bulky than even the 2011 reproduction.

The v3 one is totally incorrect in its shape.
Not sure if I have a side shot on hand. I was using the image off Hardest Shoe To Retro as a reference.

This is the other one before I messed it up and this new version is slightly thinner again but with the same type of curves.
f46be535941510c08628b0a5ab5d05f5.jpg

So is sneaker ahead pretty much the only place you can be sure you’re getting the V3 and not some other junk? Because that’s a pretty heafty jump in price from the listed retail price of $499 that was meantioned in the first post to what I’m seeing there now at $700+. Does anyone know of another quality supplier?

There isn't a listed retail price. They were $499 at one point but it goes up and down.

It seems that it's no end of issue with them lately.

Where do you live? US?

There isn't many places you can get them from.

Someone got some from Magman on Insta

There isn't a listed retail price. They were $499 at one point but it goes up and down.

It seems that it's no end of issue with them lately.

Where do you live? US?

There isn't many places you can get them from.

Someone got some from Magman on Insta

Hey,

thanks for the response. I’m in the US. I got a pair of V2’s years ago from a place that was calling itself shoebagsonsale or something like that. I see them from a number of dhgate sellers but usually the logos are missing. Not sure if that’s just to avoid the copyright issue and the ship with them or what but I’d rather see what I’m getting. Other sellers will pull the eBay stunt and have photos of multiple different shoes in the listing so you have no clue what you’re buying. Sneaker ahead looks fairly legitimate all considered but that’s rather expensive considering their q.c. issues from what I hear.

Quick question,

How are you guys cleaning the fabric part of the shoes. I notice a few small stains/marks on mine and I want to seal them. How would I clean the stains before doing so?

Thanks

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back