Anyone recognize these sci fi looking seats?

robstyle

Master Member
During a work project I was picking up Sci Fi set pieces and came across these seats. They are very well made which is why I picked them up as the price was right at $200 for the lot. The larger one has a power cord which I assume illuminates the dark plexi but ive not had a chance to run power to it as they are sitting on location as the current work project is taking all my time. According to the seller they were abandoned by a prior production where they sat covered for some years in a storage area. Im going to guess they were made in the 80's due to the material and build style. There is also a dashboard looking part I didnt take pictures of that was also tan with dark plexi.

Can anyone identify them? They are built very solid which is uncommon for typical film furniture.

2ed82mr.jpg

168wxky.jpg

25rjl0i.jpg

nmlzed.jpg

rvv6yq.jpg

Yep, the conn and ops seats, and the one with the arms is either Picard's seat or one of the other two seats beside his. Can't believe these were just sitting around like that, awesome find.

Wow, if those are real, that's an incredible steal.

Ask Doug Drexler, John Eaves or Mike Okuda on FB.

Attached are some old pics of the series set. You can see the 'swoopy' seats are the ones way up front, and Picard's is the one with the arms. Your arm insert plexi appears nicer than these photos, but slightly different from the restoration.

-MJ

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-07-02 at 10.45.17 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-07-02 at 10.45.17 AM.png
    612.8 KB · Views: 136
  • Screen Shot 2016-07-02 at 10.45.08 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-07-02 at 10.45.08 AM.png
    617.6 KB · Views: 138
  • Screen Shot 2016-07-02 at 10.43.07 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-07-02 at 10.43.07 AM.png
    622 KB · Views: 159
After a quick phone call, according to the seller these had been sitting in storage since the late 90's. Everyone is off for the holiday so I won t be able to get back to them until mid week.

Wow, what an amazing find!
That Captain's chair has always been my favorite out of all the designs.
You are extremely lucky to have gotten it. And the other pieces as well.

Terry

Sorry, I don't buy it. You're telling us you stole these for 200 clams and you had absolutely NO idea what show they came from? :lol

Ive never seen anything of the series minus some of the original show on B&W tv as a kid. Ive also never seen any LOTR/Hobbit, Harry Potter, Scream, Hunger Games, or most super hero movies. At first glance I thought they resembled custom 70's van seats.

Well since you did not know what the are, I imagine that you are not too attached to them, so I would be glad to take the Captain's chair off your hands. And to make it worth your time and efforts, I'll give you 4 times what you paid for the lot just for the Captain's chair. :lol

I actually never really watched the show, only the movies, but could recognize these chairs straight away, they totally look Star Treky to me x)

But now you know, you could easily sell this lot for $3000 xD

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back