Pee-Wee's Big Adventure Bike

Now Rudd, you know you got yours from " the Professor" too.

that is pretty funny though, "Truth is stranger than fiction", maybe I should have wrote the new Pee-wee movie instead of Paul Rust

Last edited:
My first one was from Abe. I did buy one of the professors, but I wouldnt pay the prices he wants now though. I was the lucky guy that got the first one. And no, I'm not the one who blabbed about what it was.

Ruddigger said: I wouldnt pay the prices he wants now though
He just sold a few a couple of weeks or so ago for under $300, which isn't too bad, considering what the "do it yourself" kits start out at, and then they won't work like the originals with the flashing radar light and all.

Last edited:
I wouldn't want to mod it either, especially at that price, and since you got one of Abe's repops that are spot on, it doesn't make any sense to mess it up, they are very cool and very rare, everyone's just spoiled because this batch was found, I missed the window on Abe's first run, so when these came up I jumped at the chance, I didn't pay the big Ebay prices after we got to be friends, actually they were cheaper than what the kits are going for now, I'm building multiple bikes for the four guys in my family so, I had to get them from somewhere, don't worry, I rat-holed some in my collection.

P.S., I see there is a finished kit on Ebay right now

Last edited:
Baloney. Nice group shot. Please post the completed group when they are all done.

The siren on ebay is not mine. The bracket is not right either.

Enjoy building your bikes guys.

Last edited:
10983855_995951820422988_6248469347091358925_n.jpg

I barely touched 'em!

Last edited:
This is an incredible job. This bike is my dream, and I would love to build something even half as nice as this. Very very well done.

Thanks, Rich. Pee-wee's bike had been my dream as well … for 30 years … ever since I first saw "Big Adventure" in the theatre in 1985. You can do it, Rich. It's a fun build. Thanks for all the PMs as well, guys. Enjoy the long Memorial Day weekend. -- BB

If I could find the right bike to build from, then I could go from there. There are difficult parts to track down, but for me, the bike needs to be first.

Hi Rich, welcome to the fray, there are post war Schwinn DX's out there for the taking, all it takes is money, time, and your commitment, and a few members here are currently making most the hard to get custom Pee-wee parts, and there is a wealth of knowledge here too, it's pretty much all right here on the pages of this thread, it just depends on how far you want to take it, good luck, if you decide to tackle it, as B.B., (Best bike, not King) said, it's a fun build.

Looks to be in fairly good condition. Did these frames come in different sizes? It's great to see so much interest in this bike.

Yes they do, there is also a kids version. That Ratrod bike is the right frame, at a good price, and with the built in kickstand too. Too bad it doesnt have fenders, but you can find those.

Sand it like Rudd said, I leave the protective film paper on it until I'm ready to drill and mount it to the rocket ray or console, then I just peel enough away from the base to see where I'm drilling, for that extra push over the top, if you have access to a jewelers buffing wheel, preferably a bench or pedestal mounted one, lightly hit the edge with some fine, (white), jewelers rouge and it will shine like new money.
shark fins 001.JPG

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back