Mad Men - Season 6

Agreed. This season is getting better and better.

As for the merge, I think it was Don actually thinking about Joan's 'we' comment and doing something for the company.

They lost Jaguar, they found out they lost Vicks Chemicals while on the way to Detroit, then he realized he's not getting Chevy...unless they do something.

The company was close to start spiraling out of control and potentially folding if nothing was done to intervene.

But when I heard Don's voice from behind the door when Peggy came into her boss's office, I about screamed 'Oh sh**!'

Peggy's working for Don again. Just seeing her face wash over when she came to that realization, I felt so bad for her.

I looked up the car model Roger mentioned, XP-887, and it's the Chevy Vega. I looked it up on Wikipedia and that car almost drove GM bankrupt despite it being praised as car of the year. So this will be interesting to see how far this goes. (It's May 1968 this episode and the first car won't roll out until probably fall of 1969 and stops production in 1977)

I don't know much about cars, but if this was supposed to be Chevy's answer to the Mustang...yeesh. I just don't think it's that pretty of a car. :unsure

Pete's a slimeball who will slam everyone but won't take responsibility for himself. I doubt he'll be able to save Vicks since his FiL gave him the opportunity to 'Do the right thing' (which I'm assuming is confess to Trudy, ask for forgiveness and try to patch their marriage) but instead he chose to defile her father in front of her. I was sort of surprised Trudy didn't ask 'And how did you know he was at a prostitute house?'

I can't wait for next week!*

*and the less we see of Betty and Henry, the better. I just don't care about those two.

- - - Updated - - -

Tremendous episode. I loved Joan's telling off of Don...

Agreed. I think at that moment she actually became a partner of the company. :thumbsup

An all around terrific episode with plenty of development- although the whole dramatic merge seemed more appropriate for a Season Finale, no?

And YES, hands down, I thought Joan's telling off of Don was the stand out moment of the episode (maybe even the season or entire show for me, as it illustrated EXACTLY how Don operates so succinctly). Brilliant writing AND delivery.

While I'm on the subject of Joan (and NOT that I'm complaining..heh), but does anyone else think her bustline is suddenly expanding at an alarming rate? I feel like I'm watching 3D. :cool

Tremendous episode. I loved Joan's telling off of Don...

I literally stood and applauded when she finished her speech; that was well-written, and extremely well-acted.

I agree with the points she made. They all owe a lot to Don, but he acts as if he can make decisions for everyone.

I thought Joan would be relieved that guy was gone. She got a very lucrative partnership out of it and now no longer has to do business with him.

I thought Joan would be relieved that guy was gone. She got a very lucrative partnership out of it and now no longer has to do business with him.

I think since Jaguar leaving the agency, it broke the deal of them going public (hence Joan not needing to worry about money anymore) so basically I think her point of view was, look at what I had to do/sacrifice for the good of the company, and he just irks you so you throw away a multi-million dollar account, messing with everyone's future and financial stability?

Now, if they got Chevy BEFORE this, then I would think she wouldn't have a problem telling that guy to take a hike.

Another good episode, though a serious one. Don's struggling with his place in the new firm; Frank's advice to Ted seems perfect - let Don win early, but pretty soon he'll tire himself out. I love how Peggy's about the only person who can be so forward with Don, essentially trying to shame him into cleaning himself up. But it seems like every time he tries to dig himself out, he spirals a bit deeper out of touch. The days of being as late as he wants and as drunk as he wants are disappearing in the face of men like Ted.

Bob is such a fun character - did he genuinely want to help Joan because he felt bad for her or liked her, or was he trying to suck up? Either way, it worked. I hope we see more of him.

And Pete, oh Pete. His life continues to spiral ever downward. Will he crash, or somehow stop the fall?

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back