replica browning machine gun build

rozshreds1

its all wood and pvc. the top loading cover needs to be redone I didn't get all the proportions right but doesn't matter im intending to use it as a background prop to set a scene. will post updates if people are interested :)

IMG_1505.jpg

Sweet! That's been on my list to make for awhile. Trying an MG42 at the moment. Just curious, what do you use for rivets/bolt heads? I use google eyes.

Sweet! That's been on my list to make for awhile. Trying an MG42 at the moment. Just curious, what do you use for rivets/bolt heads? I use google eyes.
I used thumb tacks they were the wrong size but like I said wasn't trying to be super accurate. love to see how the mg42 comes along! any pics??

I used thumb tacks they were the wrong size but like I said wasn't trying to be super accurate. love to see how the mg42 comes along! any pics??
Hope to have some soon. So the main body of the gun is wood? How did you get the grain not to shown through? Seems like when I use wood for metal, even with a ton of paint, you still can see the texture of the wood grain. In that pic it looks pretty smooth

Hope to have some soon. So the main body of the gun is wood? How did you get the grain not to shown through? Seems like when I use wood for metal, even with a ton of paint, you still can see the texture of the wood grain. In that pic it looks pretty smooth
id love to see some, and yeh its plywood that picture probably makes it look better than it does in real life but I put filler over the sides of it then scraped it off to fill the grooves, then just a few coats of primer. initially I wanted to make the whole thing from styrene but just ended up settling for the readily available substitute.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back